British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Redcar V Edinbrugh (pl) 18/7/13

Good comeback by the monarchs to get the draw again today!

Cookie once again showing why he is the best rider in the league! Mr Vissing is now beginning to pull of vital 5-1's when needed in later heats!

Good comeback by the monarchs to get the draw again today!

Cookie once again showing why he is the best rider in the league! Mr Vissing is now beginning to pull of vital 5-1's when needed in later heats!

Must have got his set-up sorted out.Wait a minute this is Premier League. What will he tell Kinvig tomorrow.

I rest my case?

Edited by Rico

Must have got his set-up sorted out.Wait a minute this is Premier League. What will he tell Kinvig tomorrow.

You are obviously unaware he is doing well in the Elite also.

To enlighten you, he is second in the Belle Vue averages, and also beat Holder at Poole, before he was injured :wink:

I'd pay good money to watch Craig cook every week. He was outstanding tonight. I always had the impression he was a bit of a gater but also came from behind twice tonight and was super quick.

Special mention for Wilko, who rode the race to his life to keep cook behind him for 3 laps in heat 15.

Have to admit, cook and vissing aside didn't think Edinburgh were particularly good but they kept going till the end and think most people fancied an Edinburgh 5-1 in the last heat.

Ulrich had an off night with mechanical gremlins, and maybe feeling a knock or two, but you need your number 1 to be getting more than 3 points at home.Skidmore again very solid and Wilko was great all night. Trump card at reserve. Didn't really fancy us to get much to it so will take the point.

• Like 1

You are obviously unaware he is doing well in the Elite also.

To enlighten you, he is second in the Belle Vue averages, and also beat Holder at Poole, before he was injured :wink:

I am aware of how sh#te the standard of the Elite League is .Holder must have had his set-up wrong!!!! I do have sympathy for Cook and some of the young riders but in World terms they are nowhere good enough and I Personaly don't see any of them that are around the now making it. Excluding Ellis and Lambert who are still really young.

I am aware of how sh#te the standard of the Elite League is .Holder must have had his set-up wrong!!!! I do have sympathy for Cook and some of the young riders but in World terms they are nowhere good enough and I Personaly don't see any of them that are around the now making it. Excluding Ellis and Lambert who are still really young.

What's your point?

There is a dearth of riders in the uk. Tai aside Britain has no world class performers. Chris Harris is good but in Grand Prix terms nowhere near it.

Nobody is saying cook is going to be world champion, but his point was that guys picked ahead of him like barker and Bridger in form and performance terms were not better than him. These two struggled tonight and have had previous chances and not performed.

Would cook have done better? I don't know did he deserve the chance? Most definitely based on form this season. He was in the top 4 in the British final, scoring well in the British leagues, that's all he can do...

You talk about world class; is Ryan fisher, Jason Doyle or Cameron Woodward world class? That's the standard of opposition, and with all due respect to these guys cook can live with them on track...

These two struggled tonight and have had previous chances and not performed.

that simply isn't true in Barkers case ,... What chances has he had and when had he not performed before tonight??

What's your point?

There is a dearth of riders in the uk. Tai aside Britain has no world class performers. Chris Harris is good but in Grand Prix terms nowhere near it.

Nobody is saying cook is going to be world champion, but his point was that guys picked ahead of him like barker and Bridger in form and performance terms were not better than him. These two struggled tonight and have had previous chances and not performed.

Would cook have done better? I don't know did he deserve the chance? Most definitely based on form this season. He was in the top 4 in the British final, scoring well in the British leagues, that's all he can do...

You talk about world class; is Ryan fisher, Jason Doyle or Cameron Woodward world class? That's the standard of opposition, and with all due respect to these guys cook can live with them on track...

Just an opinion,any rider apart from Tai has a chance of being replaced if they have a poor meeting as they are all the same standard.the poster said Cook beat Holder as an example ,I say Barker beat Cook at Armadale a couple of weeks ago so what does that prove. Edited by Fromafar

Bit of berwick jealousy here maybe fromafar, cookie is classy my mate went over to czecho to watch him, shame he never made it

• Like 1

Points thrown away tonite, bad signing and riders not turning up and I really can't see us getting anything at scummy tomorrow now either

Just an opinion,any rider apart from Tai has a chance of being replaced if they have a poor meeting as they are all the same standard.the poster said Cook beat Holder as an example ,I say Barker beat Cook at Armadale a couple of weeks ago so what does that prove.

You claim that he will never be world class, but you body swerve that question. Lots of countries only have a couple of top performers. Cook never claimed to be world class, but based on form this year he deserved more of a chance. He is currently in better form than Barker, you cannot dispute that. You just seem pretty bitter and I don't for the life of me know why..

• Like 1

You claim that he will never be world class, but you body swerve that question. Lots of countries only have a couple of top performers. Cook never claimed to be world class, but based on form this year he deserved more of a chance. He is currently in better form than Barker, you cannot dispute that. You just seem pretty bitter and I don't for the life of me know why..