British Speedway Forum

Sad to say Tony Millard has sadly passed away

Condolences to all his family and friends

Edited by Phil The Ace
  • Like 3

Remember when I first went to Eastbourne he was the announcer? they had the claxon the noise was like strangling the cat! RIP Tony god bless.

• Like 1

Oh no, that's very sad news. Although not a great fan of some of his repetitive catchphrases in the early days of Sky, I did actually meet him in a business capacity many years ago when one of his businesses was the 'premium-rate sports telephone lines' that many sportsclubs, local newspapers, radio stations and businesses used to enhance their income!!

RIP Tony - you've had your last 'ding-dong battle' mate.

• Like 2

R.I.P. + Tony.

Those tones of yours will be missed.

Sad news - condolences to his family & friends!

I'm sure he'll be calling many "fast & furious" battles in the sky

Edited by The H Man
  • Like 3

Oh dear that is very sad news :(

I know one or two on BSF weren't keen on him but I liked him & was looking forward to hearing him at the play-offs.

RIP Tony

Form is Temporary - Class is Permanent

• Like 2

Not that i particularly frequent the world of twitter, but a wide and varied range of tributes coming in for him on there if anyone wants to check it out

Looks like he was quite a popular figure down south in the football and cricketing worlds.

https://twitter.com/search?q=tony%20millard&src=typd

I am fortunate enough to have been able to count Tony as a friend...I will miss him immensley, the Speedway Star Golf day will never be teh same. RIP my old mate..always great company.James Easter

Edited by spiegal

Sad news indeed, I always remember him popping up on Soccer Saturday with reports of a goal at places like Brighton or Southampton. He always sounded twice as loud as the other reporters.

He may not have been as clipped or precise as some reporters but his enthusiasm and passion could never be questioned. Today to many commenter's show false emotion and seem almost scripted,

Sometimes old school is best.

R.I.P

Edited by Pirio Barre
  • Like 1

Shocked by this news, I liked him as a commentator and my favourite race was the one below, great race but great commentary from Millard, his phrase of " Oh this is amazing, are they dancing together" just lives with me.

My condolences go to his family and friends, will be greatly missed. RIP Tony :cry:

Edited by Brummie Kev
  • Like 4