British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mr Blobby

Glasgow V Edinburgh (lc) 20/4/13 @ 3pm

Were those 5 people Monarchs fans?

We've only had 2 home meetings and both against Edinburgh, how can you say your not coming back by Easter Sunday?

As regards the track - thought it was decent just our misfiring guys need to learn to ride it, Berge and Rusty knew how. Reading some of the comments about lack of dirt makes me wonder if people want to go back to previous years when it was knee deep to unsettle the opposition where experienced riders could barely turn the bike, with crashes galore and every heat FTG.

The issue is with the riders not the track IMO. Wonder what happened to Danny et al?

I think it is a completely understandable point of view. You pay to watch your team race competitively. We have a number 1 who hasn't won a race at home yet and ran 4 lasts. People will see it going like last year all over again. Was yesterday worth £16 in your opinion? There will be a group of fans (diehards , me included) who will keep going but the casual fan will not stand for that. Yesterday was embarrassing at times and it was very similar to a meeting with the Monarchs last season. Our team have been described as fence scrapers and we do not have much dirt out there is what people are getting at. Every pass bar 1 yesterday was up the inside I think bar 1 by Anders on the outside of 4

Were those 5 people Monarchs fans?

We've only had 2 home meetings and both against Edinburgh, how can you say your not coming back by Easter Sunday?

As regards the track - thought it was decent just our misfiring guys need to learn to ride it, Berge and Rusty knew how. Reading some of the comments about lack of dirt makes me wonder if people want to go back to previous years when it was knee deep to unsettle the opposition where experienced riders could barely turn the bike, with crashes galore and every heat FTG.

The issue is with the riders not the track IMO. Wonder what happened to Danny et al?

Yeah , Danny emigrated to Australia last November . I'm like you though , i didnt see anything wrong with the track yesterday . Seen a lot wrong with our gating though

I agree , we've reached saturation level with asking for supporters help . I dont know , do we ask our new sponsors for help ? We have to do something . As it stands we're just as uncompetative as we were last season and can we afford to have another season like last year ?

this is a problem through out speedway not just clubs like glasgow

far too often any investment is direct from the sponsers or supporters

speedway is geeting to expensive for to atract new supportors and some die hards just cant afford to keep going

prem league speedway should be around £10 a meeting if it wants to atract new fans

just how people can pay £17 a meeting to watch at belle vue i dont know

i fully understand that people need paid and i also understand most speedway riders dont earn enough from speedway alone to repair and improve there equipment

Jonasson would be a interesting Number 1, An average of 9.48 in the PL so the side would need to be re-adjusted.

Also has knowledge of the Scottish area as he was a regular for the Edinburgh Monarchs previously.

I can't imagine why you would suggest THJ knowing he rides in Poland on a Sunday.................

RP

I can't imagine why you would suggest THJ knowing he rides in Poland on a Sunday.................RP

I think he was one of many of KKB's favourite riders !!!!!!!!! Also schools are still on Easter break and I think he has done all his money in the Bookies over Easter.
  • Like 3

this is a problem through out speedway not just clubs like glasgow

far too often any investment is direct from the sponsers or supporters

speedway is geeting to expensive for to atract new supportors and some die hards just cant afford to keep going

prem league speedway should be around £10 a meeting if it wants to atract new fans

just how people can pay £17 a meeting to watch at belle vue i dont know

i fully understand that people need paid and i also understand most speedway riders dont earn enough from speedway alone to repair and improve there equipment

A big part of the problem is there are fewer businesses and those that made it through recent hard times don't have the money to spend on sponsoring sport. Just look back 10 years to see the businesses that used to sponsor SPL clubs compared to now. The recession everyone talks about isn't temporary its become the norm.

As a point of interest its £16 to get into Glasgow, another pound to get into BV doesn't seem that bad.

I guess it was just one of those days yesterday that come along in sport.

Edinburgh riders dug their collective gating gloves out again and they really did so superbly well, and rode like a team with confidence.

Conversely Glasgow seemed to have left their gating gloves in the locker room.

The sun probably made it awkward to provide an ideal racing strip that said I didn't think it was too bad although it didn't seem to offer as much grip around the outside (as it did in our previous visit - allowing some super passing).

Lemon seemed to have a nightmare of a day with machinery so his poor score is understandable.

Kevin had a real nightmare which is so hard to understand given his tremendous display on Friday, where he looked back to his best. One can only assume (rightly/wrongly) that his woes were machinery related also.

The Glasgow reserves seemed to be off the boil yesterday but perhaps Edinburgh's reserves and second string had a part to play in their scores with Aaron looking much happier, Justin popping out more starts and Derek likewise.

I thought Theo rode fine Harrison had a good day but Berge was the stand out for the home men he looks a great find.

So a combination of a real bad/unlucky day at the office for a few home men and an Edinburgh team bang in form produced a one sided contest with the record books being reached for (briefly) again.

Edinburgh are looking very powerful at present but we'll see how the new greensheets impact this run of form.

Glasgow don't have their troubles to seek and have reached that point where it is important to pull together and build on what they have. Perhaps a day or two behind closed doors training to iron out a few problems and help build confidence again. I genuinely don't think they are too far off being a good team, certainly at home.

• Like 2

Yeah , Danny emigrated to Australia last November . I'm like you though , i didnt see anything wrong with the track yesterday . Seen a lot wrong with our gating though

I'm no expert so didn't comment when others here mentioned the track.

It certainly looked OK to me and 7 Monarchs, Dimitri and Rusty appeared to have no issues with it.

I can't imagine why you would suggest THJ knowing he rides in Poland on a Sunday.................

RP

Because it/them (there is more than one) is/are just trying to bait people on here.

So Paulco just who is going to pay for the gamble ??

It isn't a gamble at all.

The promotion has already invested heavily this season and fans have helped to finance an air fence.

If the promotion don't invest more they stand to lose most of the previous finance.

It's called ... business.

Edited by george.m

Love him or hate him

Bring back Micheal Max on the PA

Even when the chip were down he still gave his all and was very clear.

I don't think reducing the admission is the answer, look at berwick they did it last season, all that happened

Was the crowds stayed the same but ended up losing money.

I think the main thing Glasgow needs is to sort out problems within the team.

Kevin will come good, give the guy a chance , on paper Glasgow do look good, but then and lemo need to start scoring

Like the normally do.

Think Sunday will be another tricky meeting.

Without being smug Glasgow were up against a very strong side yesterday think any side would have find it hard against Edinburgh

Just now.

I assume you mean Wolbert . When did he blow them ? In his first race he spent four laps looking for a way past a rookie American who has hardly scored a point at PL level . His next effort was equally as poor . He did stop in his third race after two laps , but was already a poor last in that one anyway .

We're struggling badly as a team and need a number 1 to be providing points , not excuses why he cant .

Maybe the time is soon approaching when we make either Kauko Nieminen or Magnus Karlsson an offer they can't refuse , whether we can afford it or not .

After giving Wolbert the benefit of the doubt during the meeting the yesterday, after seeing him on Friday ... what I couldn't get, was if he was having bike problems ... why didn't he jump on someone else's bike?

Because it/them (there is more than one) is/are just trying to bait people on here.

Already asked what planet he/she/they are on on my own team posts............and put bluntly they need to stay out of other teams business and put their own house in order before suggesting ideas and criticising others...........

RP

• Like 1

Love him or hate him

Bring back Micheal Max on the PA

Even when the chip were down he still gave his all and was very clear.

I don't think reducing the admission is the answer, look at berwick they did it last season, all that happened

Was the crowds stayed the same but ended up losing money.

I think the main thing Glasgow needs is to sort out problems within the team.

Kevin will come good, give the guy a chance , on paper Glasgow do look good, but then and lemo need to start scoring

Like the normally do.

Think Sunday will be another tricky meeting.

Without being smug Glasgow were up against a very strong side yesterday think any side would have find it hard against Edinburgh

Just now.

True Glasgow were up against a team bang in form yesterday, but a zero score from your No1 and an attitude to go along with it is unacceptable. Wolbert seems to be having issues right now but that cant be doing him nor Glasgow any good.

Already asked what planet he/she/they are on on my own team posts............and put bluntly they need to stay out of other teams business and put their own house in order before suggesting ideas and criticising others...........

RP

Elm House? :rolleyes:

Elm House? :rolleyes:

I have no idea what you are referring to there..............

RP

What a ridiculous post. Any promotion with half a brain will surely want to know what sort of preparations there riders will be making for the season so they have confidence that they are going to score points for there club. Maybe Glasgow were just that desperate for anyone after last years shambles they weren't really that fussed.

And your the master at those.