British Speedway Forum
Shaleshifter

Belle Vue Aces Vs Poole Pirates 28/04/2014

Personally i cant see Bates signing for Poole.

Personall after opting out the draft Bates SHOULD NOT be allowed back on i as and when he fancys it

On the other hand if somehow it happens then i will give up on the elite league as a spectacle as its just open then to any amount of underhand tactics.

• Like 1

Bates won't travel to poole for his home meetings so forget poole signing bates

Crickey he has a high opinion of himself as all the other draft riders are travelling to home meetings.

The ego has landed if this is in fact true.

Crickey he has a high opinion of himself as all the other draft riders are travelling to home meetings.

The ego has landed if this is in fact true.

Suppose we will find out when poole replace smart. But it won't be bates

Personall after opting out the draft Bates SHOULD NOT be allowed back on i as and when he fancys it

On the other hand if somehow it happens then i will give up on the elite league as a spectacle as its just open then to any amount of underhand tactics.

Ah there is a god!!!!!!!

We look forward to it... :t::lol:

Well to keep things relevant to this thread, whatever happens longer term - it won't be Bates for Smart on Monday, as he's not available or on the FT list til 1st May according to article in SS.

And it shouldn't be Bates for Smart at any point this season. Bates SHOULD be higher according to the original draft.

Bates is lower on the list than Smart.

It was said at the meeting to chose draft riders that Matt Ford took a long time in choosing Lee Smart. When Matt Ford chose Smart he chose "smartly". Matt Ford said at the time he knew very little about Smart but from a tactical viewpoint if it didn't work out it would leave more scope to manoeuvre. Josh Bates is a lower in the draft so if Poole wanted him he would probably be available.

No rules broken, just a swap from the draft pick, once Bates is available.

Now before anyone jumps on this, I am speculating that Poole want Bates. And remember, if Smart is dropped, he returns to his position in the draft list of available riders.

Bates isn't anything on the list right now. So rules are yet to be broken or unbroken. What is clear from the original list is that Bates WILL/SHOULD be higher than Smart.

Of course Poole would want Bates, however it seems Bates doesn't want the travel.

Lets see what happens in time. But as expected Smart is on his way out - predicted by many from the minute he was picked.

Have a feeling this bates to Poole rumour is no more than that. It has no substance at all.

Of course the rumour has substance. It was discussed the minute you picked Smart and Bates dropped Swindon.

He'll only come back with just because he scores LOADS OF POINTS there it doesn't mean he likes the place which is cock eyed at the best of times.

If he likes it so much much why does he trash the track on twitter??

Bates won't travel to poole for his home meetings so forget poole signing bates

He travelled to Edinburgh for PL matches at the back end of last season and indeed signed for them (only to be ruled out by injury).

From Barnsley, Poole is about the same distance.

And it shouldn't be Bates for Smart at any point this season. Bates SHOULD be higher according to the original draft.

According the BSPA site, Smart was (for some extraordinary reason) higher.

• Like 1

Shouldn't have, couldn't have, mightn't have?? The fact was that Bates was lower on the original list!!

Eg Tai should be riding like a World Champion!! Fact is, he isn't at the moment. That just the way it is...........! :D

Not too sure whether Josh Bates would chose Poole or not, my gut reaction is that he would not as one of the reasons he stated he choosing Sheffield over Swindon was the travelling.

But the lure of riding Poole might just be too much for him to resist taking the chance if offered.

Some have said that he has not pulled up many trees in the Premier League, so far this season he has had 3 home meetings and 3 away meetings, and his figures are as follows;

Home;

Rides 12

Points 8

Bonus Points 2

Average with Bonus Points 3.33

Average without Bonus Points 2.66

Away;

Rides 14

Points 21

Bonus Points 0

Average with Bonus Points 6.00

Average without Bonus Points 6.00

Overall

Rides 26

Points 29

Bonus Points 2

Average with Bonus Points 4.76

Average without Bonus Points 4.46

Add to the British Under 21 title he also has a heat win in heat 15 at Redcar, and I don't think that he has done to badly this season so far.

If he is given the opportunity then he has to be worth a punt.

• Like 1

One or two people on this thread are obviously in the know..... Poole appear to have signed somebody else already or Bates had already signed for another team. Or both.

I think Josh Bates is on a winner here. He's clearly a rider in demand and with Poole, Belle Vue, Birmingham, Swindon, Leicester all looking for possible reserve switches I can't see him being offered the standard £120 the reserves should be being paid. Poole, Swindon and Belle Vue could lose in play-offs because of weak reserves and Birmingham and Leicester are desperate for improvement

Just a thought