British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Vincent Vega

It Is Time To Get Shot Of Mr Watt!

Lets see how DW does tonight guesting for the Brummies bet he scores more than he did last night :wink:

Top scorer of either side . What a surprise.

Good to see Davey got over his tiredness & put in a good performance as a guest tonight & just makes last nights score even more dodgy than it did at the time.

DISGRACE

• Like 3

It's amazing what a good nights sleep can do ..well done Davey :P

Agree 100 percent crazy robin. Stuart Douglas and Jon Cook should get rid with immediate effect as when the going gets tough Davey cant be bothered. He obviously rides Birmigham well so they can have him or he can go back to Poole as a replacement for Ward.

If Watt is still in the team for the tv match against Kings Lynn I urge all Hammers supporters to boycott the match in protest and watch it on telly instead. Then the promotion will realise its the supporters who are the most important part of the club and don't deserve to get mugged off by the captain.

• Like 1

Have I missed something ?? I thought Watt was one of the more popular riders on the speedway circuit. When ever I have seen him at Brandon or on tv he is always giving 100%.

Why is he not allowed to be tired? Travel can take it out of riders! Or are we forgetting the anniversary of one of his best friends might just be on his mind also????? But no it's easy just to type away and slate the man. Good job his name isn't a certain Birmingham number 5! Good score tonight Davey, good on you.

Agree 100 percent crazy robin. Stuart Douglas and Jon Cook should get rid with immediate effect as when the going gets tough Davey cant be bothered. He obviously rides Birmigham well so they can have him or he can go back to Poole as a replacement for Ward.

If Watt is still in the team for the tv match against Kings Lynn I urge all Hammers supporters to boycott the match in protest and watch it on telly instead. Then the promotion will realise its the supporters who are the most important part of the club and don't deserve to get mugged off by the captain.

trouble with that is, whenever lakeside on tv, it appears theres always a boycott!

• Like 1

Are you for real?

Quelle surprise. Hands up those who work ? Sometimes you have good days , sometimes you have bad days. Speedway riders are no different. Yes you would like your machinery to be top notch all the time , but sometimes it just doesnt happen. Thats speedway .

Davey Watt = DISGRACEFUL. We all said Davey would not try at Poole and we were proved right and also we said Davey would score well tonight and surprise surprise Davey scored double figures.

I wonder if some common sense would prevail here, noting Watt's performances against Poole last few years.

Poole Vs Lakeside 02/09/2013

Davey Watt - 2, 0, 2, R, 2, 1 = 7

Poole vs Lakeside 8/5/13

Davey Watt - 2, 6^, 3, 3, 1* = 15+1

Lakeside vs Poole 23/8/2013

Davey Watt 1, 2, 3, 2, 0 = 8

Lakeside Vs 7/6/2013

Davey Watt - 3, 3, 3, 1 = 10

... against some reasonable riders such as Ward and the like... not bad.

Split seconds make a difference in these races, so slight set up issues or just not feeling well like we all get going to work sometimes, can huge bites out of the riders score.

Next day everything feels right ..... just the way it goes.

But if we try we can make this a big conspiracy issue.

....come on.. lets keep it up to maintain the reputation of our forum :)

• Like 4

I just find it a bit odd considering we all knew that Davey would score nothing and also bet365 thought that.

How do you find it odd based on his previous performances? You say "we all knew" - who is the "we" - not all comments on here reflect what some are trying to imply. I'm just trying to figure out what he's done or not done, based on fact, for some to be saying this. Just convenient to blame and jump on the bandwagon I guess.

• Like 3

Davey Watt = DISGRACEFUL. We all said Davey would not try at Poole and we were proved right and also we said Davey would score well tonight and surprise surprise Davey scored double figures.

You have good days and bad days in any sport.

Edited by chopper
  • Like 1

You have good days and bad days in any sport.

Could not agree more i do not think that Watt sets out to do anything other than win as many races as possible and in this sport "hero or zero" are about a second apart or less at times.Speedawy riders are as good as there last match or race even the problemis the margin of error these days is in rider or machine is so little that it makes riders look worse than they are.There are many reasons for riders not scoring big pointsand not trying IMO isalways at the bottom of the list ,why travel thousands of miles to go through the motions ,makes no sense at all ,I have been with good riders in the pits (PK springs to mind as a rider just needing have something click into place ) and when things are against them they are not happy to say the least .Watt will be aware of his present form and I am sure he would want double figures every match not least of which to pay the bills "no win no eat" simple fact of s/way life.

Edited by FAST GATER
  • Like 3

As The song goes.. Davys On The road again, wearing different clothes again. I do wonder if he is an allergy that comes on whenever he sees the Skull and Crossbones.

Davey had the same issue as most of the Pirates in the early part of the meeting - he couldn't get his set-up right as the track was once again very different to previous visits. No holes or bumps to speak of - just differently prepared!!