British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Fozzie4388

Glasgow Sign Henry

Lemon should of retired when newcastle released him,and gone out on a high maybe the penny will drop this time!

Good move, kevin next then theo

Despite the attempts by one of our friends from the east ,using Lemon's exit and the circumstances behind it , as a stick to beat us with . It was obvious the current Glasgow side wasn't good enough and wasn't working .

Everybody accepted change had to be made . Lemon became the most vulnerable as soon as Christian Henry himself became a victim of the numbers game at Newcastle , plus the Australian team manager's role could mean some missing meetings come World Cup time .

So it's welcome back for a third spell in the stripes for Christian Henry , and goodbye and good luck to Mark Lemon .

Whether that is the last change remains to be seen

Will this bring the curtain down on Lemons racing career, no dis-respect to the guy but its difficult to see some other team taking a gamble. He still has the Aussie team managers job so its not likely he will be lost to the sport, might even get a job as a team manager in one of the leagues over here.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him fixed up later in the season...Newcastle would be my bet.

Good signing for the Tiggers, Henry is a good solid rider.

Henry is a quality rider who scores well at most tracks. He was very unlucky to lose his place at Newcastle in a bold move that hasn't worked. Wish him well at Glasgow.

Strange timing though as Henry has been available for a while now and Lemo has scored ok of late.

The problem hasn't been solved by signing Henry. Whenever it was we had our last home meeting, the programme listed Wolbert averaging less than 6 for 2014 when his CMA is 8.5+. Until we rectify that and start winning heats 1,13 & 15 at least at home, little will change. Christian Henry will strengthen the middle order but that will be offset by Anders moving into the 1-5 who is wildly inconsistent and IMO will largely struggle. Paper, cracks, you know the story ......

The problem hasn't been solved by signing Henry. Whenever it was we had our last home meeting, the programme listed Wolbert averaging less than 6 for 2014 when his CMA is 8.5+. Until we rectify that and start winning heats 1,13 & 15 at least at home, little will change. Christian Henry will strengthen the middle order but that will be offset by Anders moving into the 1-5 who is wildly inconsistent and IMO will largely struggle. Paper, cracks, you know the story ......

Trouble is , there isn't the number ones out there who aren't riding in Poland most Sundays .

The only one that springs to mind is Kauko Nieminen

Edited by Paulco

Trouble is , there isn't the number ones out there who aren't riding in Poland most Sundays .

The only one that springs to mind is Kauko Nieminen

True but we could sign a 6 pointer like Tabaka for the same return. If this keeps up someone else will get the benefit of his average being lowered next year and I think I know who!

Not sure Kauko would change much but agree there are few options out there, perhaps a current EL second string?

True but we could sign a 6 pointer like Tabaka for the same return. If this keeps up someone else will get the benefit of his average being lowered next year and I think I know who!

Not sure Kauko would change much but agree there are few options out there, perhaps a current EL second string?

Pretty sure Kauko would score more than the fives and sixes the current number one weighs in with

• Like 3

Pretty sure Kauko would score more than the fives and sixes the current number one weighs in with

Let's be fair and point out that Kevin's last five matches for Glasgow have been 8,7,12,7,8.

Could be better, should be better. To me, getting the best out of the riders you've got is always the better option,

Unreal from one of the Glasgow promoters calling Mark up late last night asking how some areas of the club could be improved then sack him the following day!

You trying to get a bite here Fred more important thing's happening for that to happen like how did Craig Cook get a hold of the David Walsh 1993 bike and is it really 600cc.

Let's be fair and point out that Kevin's last five matches for Glasgow have been 8,7,12,7,8.

Could be better, should be better. To me, getting the best out of the riders you've got is always the better option,

Fair point but only Kevin can sort it and how long do you give your supposed No 1 before the season is a write off we have been more than patient and my thoughts are that if we could have got a suitable No 1 to replace him he would already be away and if there is no improvement quickly he will be moved on and replaced i still think this will happen now regardless.

Ex monarch expected nothing less from the B team. :D

He has actually appeared more for Glasgow than your lot so shut it we are already lowering Wolbert & Piper's average for next season so you lot can continue your smugness once your wee monster bolt's the course with his 600cc bike :lol: .