British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
mickthemuppet

World Cup Final 2nd August 2014

Why pick on those two?, Harris was crap, 4 points from somewone who "pretends" to be a GP star, surely he has ridden that track in his long and industrious career?

Harris is like a broken record.I think he has a tape recording of his reply to interviews it's virtually the same every time word for word.Unfortunately he is still in the squad because there is nobody better.
  • Like 5

Harris is like a broken record.I think he has a tape recording of his reply to interviews it's virtually the same every time word for word.Unfortunately he is still in the squad because there is nobody better.

Yeah definitely

• Like 2

There is no harsh reality! :neutral: We are poor. That's it. You could have put 2 monkeys in a GB racesuit and they would have scored just as many but that's not King or Stead's fault. They tried and that's all you can ask.

What people should be looking at is how Peter Kildemand has managed to go from the PL @ Workington to riding in the Extraliga and scoring good points in 3 1/2 years? There are plenty of our British riders who PK has just gone right on by in that time, many of them in the GB squad, so I think that should tell you all about Rosco's options and the ability and ambition of British riders.

Kildemand is a good example nothing special at Workington but sheer will to win is getting him there.Financially I don't know his background but he is certainly giving his best shot.the young Brits are waiting for it to happen IMO

Kildemand is a good example nothing special at Workington but sheer will to win is getting him there.Financially I don't know his background but he is certainly giving his best shot.the young Brits are waiting for it to happen IMO

2003, peter ljung, david ruud, look what they did!!

Why is Korneliussens suit pink were it should be white? Some red nickers in with the laundry?

I don't think it was just restricted to Korneliussens, think they were all seeing the same bird !! :oops: Apparantly Nicki Pedersen drew the "short", straw. short,,, straw, get it ?? :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

2003, peter ljung, david ruud, look what they did!!

Having not yet seen Robert Lambert "live"I will leave him out but I can Honestly say I just can't see anything special in our young riders of today compared to the young foreigners .Having seen all the great Brits since the Sixty's. Collins,Lee Morton Jessup and a few more I just don't see where the future of British Speedway is coming from.Sincerly hope I am proved wrong.

Example

The 1st time I saw Holder and Lately Max Fricke I said yes these guys have "something" I was right with Holder and Fricke won't let me down IMO .

Edited by Fromafar

Robert is a natural for sure, let's hope he keeps going on the upward path to ultimate pro and World Champ :-)

Robert is a natural for sure, let's hope he keeps going on the upward path to ultimate pro and World Champ :-)

He will surely develop in to a good rider but from what ive seen not a world champ

Having not yet seen Robert Lambert "live"I will leave him out but I can Honestly say I just can't see anything special in our young riders of today compared to the young foreigners .Having seen all the great Brits since the Sixty's. Collins,Lee Morton Jessup and a few more I just don't see where the future of British Speedway is coming from.Sincerly hope I am proved wrong.

Example

The 1st time I saw Holder and Lately Max Fricke I said yes these guys have "something" I was right with Holder and Fricke won't let me down IMO .

Brady Kurtz another.

The young Brits don't have the will, belief, character or know how to develop like the poles, Aussies and Danes.

Look at someone like Edward Kennett, someone who I watched week in week out at the start of his career. Superb talent and ability on a speedway bike at a very young age but never had the ambition and desire to make it at the top level. He had it to easy like most youngsters in this country who are mollycoddled from a young age. Decent money, good sponsors and brown nosed regularly. Poodling around tracks like Eastbourne, Belle Vue, lakeside etc. tracks which are nothing like what you'll encounter in any FIM championship meeting.

No idea how to set a bike up for a big, fast track, the correct lines to ride, not turning the bike twice in a corner and that's before you see the difference in speed between the polish and Danish youngsters compared to ours. We always seem to turn up with mopeds compared to the rest. Look at Harris, king and stead last night. So sloooow.

Can't honestly ever see it getting better unless we get a couple of freaks like woffinden come along at the same time. I watched tai at the start of his career and the difference in his desire and attitude from someone like an Edward Kennett was night and day.

Our youngsters simply don't want it enough.

Someone said kildemand was nothing special at Workington? Complete rubbish, remember seeing him 3/4 years ago at rye and looked the real deal then.

• Like 3

I don't think it was just restricted to Korneliussens, think they were all seeing the same bird !! :oops: Apparantly Nicki Pedersen drew the "short", straw. short,,, straw, get it ?? :rofl:

No.

He will surely develop in to a good rider but from what ive seen not a world champ

How on earth can you say that when he is sixteen? I believe he set the fastest time of the meeting at Poole the other week, he has the speed already......just needs to gather some experience and better gating and he can achieve whatever he wants to IMO.

Brady Kurtz another.

The young Brits don't have the will, belief, character or know how to develop like the poles, Aussies and Danes.

Look at someone like Edward Kennett, someone who I watched week in week out at the start of his career. Superb talent and ability on a speedway bike at a very young age but never had the ambition and desire to make it at the top level. He had it to easy like most youngsters in this country who are mollycoddled from a young age. Decent money, good sponsors and brown nosed regularly. Poodling around tracks like Eastbourne, Belle Vue, lakeside etc. tracks which are nothing like what you'll encounter in any FIM championship meeting.

No idea how to set a bike up for a big, fast track, the correct lines to ride, not turning the bike twice in a corner and that's before you see the difference in speed between the polish and Danish youngsters compared to ours. We always seem to turn up with mopeds compared to the rest. Look at Harris, king and stead last night. So sloooow.

Can't honestly ever see it getting better unless we get a couple of freaks like woffinden come along at the same time. I watched tai at the start of his career and the difference in his desire and attitude from someone like an Edward Kennett was night and day.

Our youngsters simply don't want it enough.

Someone said kildemand was nothing special at Workington? Complete rubbish, remember seeing him 3/4 years ago at rye and looked the real deal then.

Kurtz was impressive at Sheffield the other night,looks the real deal.

I see him the other week at the abbey, not a great night in all fairness but gee he was on the pace,No easy rides in against PK ,Batch,tough rides for a 16 year old his gating will improve and will be there abouts in a few years time.I rate Fricke,also young Kurtz but Lambert for me is at least on par if anything better so there is a decent rider there.

I posted this on another thread, but will put it her as well, as its relevant

I'll quote a couple of lines from the late Simon Wigg's book:

"We need stepping stones for British youngsters. Unfortunately, promoters tend to think its important how many races they have on a night, or how the regulations are structured, or whether the team aggregate points limit is set correctly. These are all negative aspects of speedway".

And:

"If every member of the BSPA were making a million quid a week running speedway, I would listen to them. But they're not. Most of them are busting their a**** to survive - and then tell each other how to run their show. I find that incredible".