British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Star Lady

Belle Vue Vs Lynn 4th Aug

Richie Worrall has been hugely disappointing this season. I had Richie in my SS Fantasy team because I thought he would really kick on from last season especialy with the new format.

You and me both, mate... having watched him last year I was disappointed that he went back Belle Vue, feeling this year he would Kick On to the next level. To me he appears to have gone backward, His brother seems to have taken over now.....

• Like 1

You and me both, mate... having watched him last year I was disappointed that he went back Belle Vue, feeling this year he would Kick On to the next level. To me he appears to have gone backward, His brother seems to have taken over now.....

Just shows you GR how confidence is so important, Steve last year struggled for whatever reason went back to NL racing.This year i have seen quite alot of Steve, and he has been really impressive for the Robins i hope Ritchie can get back on track.

Went last night, SOLID performance from the Stars :-) a well earned 4 points. How I wish they would acknowledge their fans, if the BV boys can then so can the Stars, it's just a little thing but it probably means a lot?

I'll warn riders now do not stuck on the back wheel of Richie Worrall at BV or you're out, twice he did it to Lynn last night, is it the sign of desperation to score? Disappointed with him tbh!

The track seemed smooth from my lofty position on the 3rd/4th bend but I was told it was pretty bumpy on the 2nd bend!

Couldn't hear the tannoy on that terracing which was a little disappointing but we stuck it out as the viewing was good :-)

Totally agree about the riders acknowledging the fans. Not once did any KL rider acknowledge the dozen Lynn fans on the 2nd bend. The 2nd bend did appear very bumpy to us, we couldn't see the track but the riders heads were bobbing up and down like jack in the boxes. Vicki says it was worst on the exit of the 2nd bend which is where the tractors pull off the centre green.

BTW biggest cheer on the back straight was when some fans helped the track staff to push the dead tractor off the dog track :P Stal Gorzow fans liked that a lot.

Good result from the Stars last night.All of them done their job.

Racing wise not the best,but there was a couple of decent races.Most passing was done when mistakes happened.

Was up in the stand watching it looked bloody dusty aswell.

My only gripe was paying £3 for a bloody race insert with a 3 month old programme.I went back when I realised and asked if I could just buy the insert and got flatly refused.I'm not being funny but they would be moaning if we all decided to do our own inserts.

Wasn't dusty on the 2nd bend , up to heat 13 when we went towards the 4th bend, tho it looked as if it was from there. As for the £3 for a prog, blooming rip off and then to find it was an insert!! Couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back, which is perhaps just as well for the sellers sake. I was a tad angry. Didn't help that the original prog wouldn't fit in my daughters prog board either. At the very least they should tell you it's an insert before you buy,then it's your choice. Could just about hear what the guy announcing was saying but have no idea what the woman was blethering on about. Maybe they should do sound checks when she is there, would have though it was a simple matter to fix, the BV fans near us say they can never hear her. Those fans were very pessimistic about the new stadium being ready next year, or even at all which is very sad,

I do have to say that the BV staff who assist disabled fans were superb last night :approve:

Edited by Star Lady

You can understand some Aces fans being pessimists after our generally poor performance overthe last 20 years. However, I see no point in being negative, it doesn't get you anywhere and make life a bit of a misery.

On a positive note, the date has now been fixed for the planning application hearing, 11 September. Still hurdles to jump and no doubt further delays but looking as if will be ready for 2016 season.

Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

Ritchie has without doubt gone backwards riding Belle Vue was the obvious choice personally but career wise worst move ever that and signing for Ipswich hasn't helped needs a bigger home track and Polish or Swedish leagues then forget the PL - Cook needs to do the same forget the comfort zone which us the PL both Cook and Worrell are both in danger of becoming the next Chris Neath

Ritchie has without doubt gone backwards riding Belle Vue was the obvious choice personally but career wise worst move ever that and signing for Ipswich hasn't helped needs a bigger home track and Polish or Swedish leagues then forget the PL - Cook needs to do the same forget the comfort zone which us the PL both Cook and Worrell are both in danger of becoming the next Chris Neath

Cook I agree. He needs to get out of PL and quick and also away from us and move to a bigger track. Even poole will do him good.

Regards worrall he swapped engine tuners over the winter and made other changes which have not worked at all. He's got himself in Poland but not had a chance. Personally I think we all have expected to much for Richie this season

Cook I agree. He needs to get out of PL and quick and also away from us and move to a bigger track. Even poole will do him good.

Regards worrall he swapped engine tuners over the winter and made other changes which have not worked at all. He's got himself in Poland but not had a chance. Personally I think we all have expected to much for Richie this season

Ritchie was very impressive at Kings Lynn last season and was unlucky not to have had his chance in the World Cup round at Lynn instead of Cook - Ritchie has gone backwards I,m sorry to say .

I thought Cookie would step up big time this season after his impressive 2013 to be a very decent, 8.00pt second heat leader. He'd then dump the PL and get himself contracts abroad in 2015.

Sadly, he hasn't done that and in fact he's gone backwards, at least as far as the Aces are concerned. The problem is that will make him far more likely to stay in the PL as the amount of money I have heard he is on at Edinburgh is quite astonishing and he won't give that up for a few promises in Sweden or Poland.

• Like 1

Totally agree about the riders acknowledging the fans. Not once did any KL rider acknowledge the dozen Lynn fans on the 2nd bend. The 2nd bend did appear very bumpy to us, we couldn't see the track but the riders heads were bobbing up and down like jack in the boxes. Vicki says it was worst on the exit of the 2nd bend which is where the tractors pull off the centre green.

BTW biggest cheer on the back straight was when some fans helped the track staff to push the dead tractor off the dog track :P Stal Gorzow fans liked that a lot.

Wasn't dusty on the 2nd bend , up to heat 13 when we went towards the 4th bend, tho it looked as if it was from there. As for the £3 for a prog, blooming rip off and then to find it was an insert!! Couldn't be bothered to walk all the way back, which is perhaps just as well for the sellers sake. I was a tad angry. Didn't help that the original prog wouldn't fit in my daughters prog board either. At the very least they should tell you it's an insert before you buy,then it's your choice. Could just about hear what the guy announcing was saying but have no idea what the woman was blethering on about. Maybe they should do sound checks when she is there, would have though it was a simple matter to fix, the BV fans near us say they can never hear her. Those fans were very pessimistic about the new stadium being ready next year, or even at all which is very sad,

I do have to say that the BV staff who assist disabled fans were superb last night :approve:

You can't complain about our programme given what your programme is this year, £2 for a single piece of folded paper! At least the BV programme is a decent quality programme for only £1 extra. As for the insert, it is common practise at all tracks, what do you expect them to do, bin the original programmes? They are running at a loss as it is. Maybe they should have charged £2 just for the insert a single piece of folded paper as that's what Kings Lynn do.

Edited by Rob B
  • Like 1

You can't complain about our programme given what your programme is this year, £2 for a single piece of folded paper! At least the BV programme is a decent quality programme for only £1 extra. As for the insert, it is common practise at all tracks, what do you expect them to do, bin the original programmes? They are running at a loss as it is

Absolutely, King's Lynn do the same for re-arranged fixtures. It happens everywhere. I don't even bother with programmes at all now. I just use Speedway Updates

• Like 1

You can't complain about our programme given what your programme is this year, £2 for a single piece of folded paper! At least the BV programme is a decent quality programme for only £1 extra. As for the insert, it is common practise at all tracks, what do you expect them to do, bin the original programmes? They are running at a loss as it is. Maybe they should have charged £2 just for the insert a single piece of folded paper as that's what Kings Lynn do.

As I don't go to Lynn I have no idea of their programme or it's cost.

However my gripe, and it's not just Belle Vue that do it, is being charged for a programme and then finding out it's an old one with an insert. You should be advised of that before purchase and then you have the choice to pay £3 or to just pay for an insert. I don't have any objections to a £2 charge for an insert if I am fully aware of what I'm buying. I do realise that out of date progs do cost promotions money but fleecing fans is not the best of business ideas when they are trying to increase the fan base.

• Like 3

That's the whole point, supporters should be given the choice of its an insert.

• Like 2

Insert are fine with me. But should be 50p.

As I don't go to Lynn I have no idea of their programme or it's cost.

However my gripe, and it's not just Belle Vue that do it, is being charged for a programme and then finding out it's an old one with an insert. You should be advised of that before purchase and then you have the choice to pay £3 or to just pay for an insert. I don't have any objections to a £2 charge for an insert if I am fully aware of what I'm buying. I do realise that out of date progs do cost promotions money but fleecing fans is not the best of business ideas when they are trying to increase the fan base.

As I said earlier you wasn't even given the chance to buy the insert separately.I went back to the man when I noticed and said I would like to buy the insert but not the programme,his reply was it's that or nothing.

Hindsight is a wonderful thing,had Belle Vue choose Steve Worrell ( ironically became our asset) We would not be discussing or last 2 home losses as losses. Most of this seasons away wins are the result of strong reserves. Well done Lynn, I really hope you go on and bury Poole in the final.

Edited by hyderd