British Speedway Forum

So what your saying is because hes a superstar they should go easy on him?Well by your reasoning a lengthy ban will make him even more popular

No but look into things maybe he has a problem,can they help who knows?yes and you are right if he is banned like Lee he will put bums on seats.I don't know if he will become more popular because whenever I've seen him ride the crowd has been healthy anyway i wonder why?Common sense should prevail,it is not like speedway have anough great thing's going for it to be in a position to dictate. Edited by sidney
  • Like 2

What you saying Sidney is not for the good of the sport.

You saying just because someone is a "crowd puller" he should be treated differently to some one else who may not be. That has to be wonky thinking.

I am positive that DW needs help, as you imply, and that helps needs to be available - if he wants it - but you cannot go easy on one person because of that. Why? because the next one to come along (and some one will) will expect the same. Wrong way to go IMO, Sidney

• Like 3

Funny same Australian was drinking in walkabout late fri night too, before the gp!!!!

Don't want a name but perhaps the initials 'alledgedly' of this person would be good of course!

What you saying Sidney is not for the good of the sport.

You saying just because someone is a "crowd puller" he should be treated differently to some one else who may not be. That has to be wonky thinking.

I am positive that DW needs help, as you imply, and that helps needs to be available - if he wants it - but you cannot go easy on one person because of that. Why? because the next one to come along (and some one will) will expect the same. Wrong way to go IMO, Sidney

Has speedway a choice? i think not, lets see what the level of what he has done wrong first then go from there.The punishment at the worst scenario seems really harsh and it will not happen speedway is dying, now is the wrong time to make an example of somebody. Edited by sidney
  • Like 2

Funny same Australian was drinking in walkabout late fri night too, before the gp!!!!

Yep and I have seen an opinionated rider commentator in on a Friday a few times before the Cardiff GP.

• Like 1

Don't want a name but perhaps the initials 'alledgedly' of this person would be good of course!

It's not hard, which Aussie missed his flight to Poland on the Sunday after Cardiff??!!

I dont know - which Aussie did miss his flight to Poland on the Sunday after Cardiff? Initials will suffice.

It's not hard, which Aussie missed his flight to Poland on the Sunday after Cardiff??!!

No idea. Who?

Yep and I have seen an opinionated rider commentator in on a Friday a few times before the Cardiff GP.

But he wouldn't be riding the next day so the issue is what?

• Like 1

Let's play.... Does he have a moustache??

Nobody knows what DW will achieve ....

NOWT!!!

If he continues with his current antics.

Sad really because he could be a truly GREAT World Champion.

No but look into things maybe he has a problem,can they help who knows?yes and you are right if he is banned like Lee he will put bums on seats.I don't know if he will become more popular because whenever I've seen him ride the crowd has been healthy anyway i wonder why?Common sense should prevail,it is not like speedway have anough great thing's going for it to be in a position to dictate.

His punishment MUST be the same as any other Rider would get. To do anything else would be grossly unfair on other who have/will be Banned for longer.

Speedway must stand up and be counted on this one. Had DW not been caught it is not beyond the bounds of possibility that he could have killed or seriously injured someone.

What then?

Edited by The White Knight
  • Like 1

Ward riding tonight in Sweden according to Stefan Andersson. Darcy shouldn't be allowed to compete until the outcome of the investigation. What I'd like to know is what is taking so long,

surely it's quite a simple case? How many mitigating factors can there be?

Imo FIM needs to take a look at their own rules and perhaps do a total makeover.

1. Any rider getting caught with any forbidden substance in their system (or illegal equipment) should by default receive a temporary ban during while

the investigation is ongoing.It should not matter what substance it is or if it is doping or alcohol or drugs. Now Dudek is suspended but Ward is not and

Wards offense is much worse. It just shows that there is a huge difference if your name is Darcy Ward or Patryk Dudek.

2. Then there should be pre-defined penalty rate for all of the possible rule violations so that the penalties will be applied automatically.if riders is found guilty.

Like if a rider is caught with a tampered silencer, he will automatically receive 6 months suspension (lex Eddie Kennett), getting caught with stimulant substance (like Dudek) 1 year suspension.

Getting caught with an alcohol level i,e. between 0,10mg/litre exhaled air and 0,30mg/litre exhaled air 1 year suspension.

Over 0,30mg/litre exhaled air 2 years suspension+compulsory "community service". +a medical certification that the rider have been sober

for a specified amount of times (like the last 6 months of the suspension) before he can have his license back.

Obviously intention to ride while intoxicated should be considered a more major offence then tampering with a silencer or using a minor doping substance.

The point is that that every rider gets the same punishment for the same offence if FIM had a standardized penalty rate (straffsats in Swedish).,

• Like 5

See Nicki Pedersen has retweeted that it's an outrage that Darcy Ward rode tonight. That's one GP rider making his feelings known.

See Nicki Pedersen has retweeted that it's an outrage that Darcy Ward rode tonight. That's one GP rider making his feelings known.

And Freddie tweeted this:

https://twitter.com/FastFreddieSE

• Like 1