British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2015

James Cockle? What? Are some people for real? :blink::unsure: He's one person I certainly wouldn't pick. As has been stated, I don't think he's good enough.

• Like 1

I would rather see us go with Stokes. He has a massive amount of improvement in him. Ok he might not pull up any trees, early doors, but they don't hand the prizes out till October. It would be interesting to see where he is at with nearly another full season under his belt. You only have to look at Poole, last season to see what difference an improving Reserve can make. I am sure the Lynn fans will back the lad and give him the time. After all he is one of our own.

• Like 1

If cockle is named as no 7 I think I will be giving Kings Lynn a miss would rather a up and coming rider not a Lynn old star rider

I agree with most of your points, but you have Rob Lambert, worth the admission just to watch him. I pick my meetings at Lynn as i have a 350 mile round trip, but top of my list when off to watch Lynn is young Lambert!

I would rather see us go with Stokes. He has a massive amount of improvement in him. Ok he might not pull up any trees, early doors, but they don't hand the prizes out till October. It would be interesting to see where he is at with nearly another full season under his belt. You only have to look at Poole, last season to see what difference an improving Reserve can make. I am sure the Lynn fans will back the lad and give him the time. After all he is one of our own.

Agree with what you say, but with different emphasis. The fact he is one of our own riders, to me is important, and if there are any chances to improve as a rider, then we should think of our own first.

I'm a big supporter of the idea on 'Young British Riders' at reserve. Its the unfair-way it is being administrated that I strongly disapprove with. I've always lived my life on the 'You reap what you sow' philosophy, and have to question the logic of choosing a rider from another club, when that club (i.e.. Swindon, Wolves) had the opportunity, but choose not too.....

MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ONE AND ALL....... ( Yes even Poole speedway as well) :t::t: :t:

I too would go with Stokes but we'll have huge issues if he was to get injured as he'd be so far down the 2nd tier list it's very very risky.

• Like 1

I too would go with Stokes but we'll have huge issues if he was to get injured as he'd be so far down the 2nd tier list it's very very risky.

Spot on, which is why I think we should go with Morris if possible, much more scope for guests and replacements.

The one think no one can control is injuries. We had that last season. It is up to Rob Lyon to go with the rider who will progress and be able to contribute come October, if Lynn are lucky enough to make the play offs. Stokes will have done plenty more laps around Saddlebow by then and it will be what he can do around his home track, as no one can expect to much from a 2nd Reserve away from home.

I didnt think the tier 2 riders were graded.

In the event of injury I thought the guest could be anyone on the list.

I didnt think the tier 2 riders were graded.

In the event of injury I thought the guest could be anyone on the list.

If that is the case then we should go with Stokes if it's an option.

9 times out of 10, the lowest ranked reserve only gets 3 rides anyway

Ive had a thought over Christmas what if Lewis Rose just doesn't perform for Swindon the travelling for one could be a major issue - also traveling up to Newcastel in the PL what if Lewis has a bad start to the season and after say 6 weeks Swindon drop him do the rules allow the Stars to re sign him ? and drop whoever we use at 7 . I,m not suggesting anything under hand but this could happen Lewis was settled and happy at Kings Lynn it could affect his form .

Ive had a thought over Christmas what if Lewis Rose just doesn't perform for Swindon the travelling for one could be a major issue - also traveling up to Newcastel in the PL what if Lewis has a bad start to the season and after say 6 weeks Swindon drop him do the rules allow the Stars to re sign him ? and drop whoever we use at 7 . I,m not suggesting anything under hand but this could happen Lewis was settled and happy at Kings Lynn it could affect his form .

I like your thinking Hazza best you let Rob Lyon know!

I like your thinking Hazza best you let Rob Lyon know!

I,m not suggesting anything under hand I,m just saying Lewis was more than happy at King Lynn it may be a step to far .

Lets hope that doesn't happen as there's enough average bending in the sport as it is!!!

I totally agree all I,m asking is could Kings Lynn re- sign Lewis if Swindon dropped him is it within the rules of fast track that's all I,m saying .

I do know Lewis was happy to sign for Swindon as he still has family done that way (Reading area) and also his engine tuner is down there too

Now back to the darts 🎯

Edited by lynnboy