British Speedway Forum
Greg

Kings Lynn 2015

I think this might be a whoosh ...sorry Star Lady :oops:

Guilty as charged, my only defence is I'm shattered after the trip back from Dorset today via Ikea, Milton Keynes so blame it on the Swedish Meatballs :D

blame it on the Swedish Meatballs :D

I think blaming the Polish sausage is en vogue.

Edited by Nellie

The thing is Bjerre has always been the same - gate and he'll win races, miss the gate or get caught in traffic and he goes backwards. I've watched him over the years and nothings changed, if you don't believe me ask the Peterboro fans. Last night was appalling, no effort whatsoever when he missed the gate and as soon as he was near another rider (except Bomber) he eased off alarmingly quickly.

Not my kind of rider, never has been, never will and I think a lot of Lynn fans have now had enough. When the chips are down you expect your riders to gird their loins, tighten their backside, put their heads down and fight. Bjerre quite simply is not capable of that IMHO.

Ashley Morris might not have scored many points last night but he was reasonably on the pace and showed some fight and spirit. I'd rather watch 7 of him than one like Bjerre. There are only so many times you can make allowances for "coming back from injury".

You are quite right Bjerre is not the bravest of riders.But sometimes he does have it in his locker as he showed tonight in Poland.If only he could replicate that here for Kings Lynn.

Depending on what the club are planning to do with changes to the side and after all it's all about averages I'd still be tempted even after last nights cock up with Harris to keep Kenneth he still has the ability to beat top riders . As we speak I'd guess only 3 riders team places are safe Niels Robert and Lewis - and once Rory is fit enough I'd involve him in the team as a none riding team captain his influence in the pits is invaluable .

• Like 1

Bjerre must go, he has let KL down on many occasions when he was badly needed. The episode with Harris looked like he was just miffed at Harris being given the b&w helmet and he just wanted to prove a point. Lynn must dump him asap, this is just nothing recent he has always been the same rides good abroad and makes little effort here.

Edited by mike1944

I would get rid of Bjerre as one thing I can't stand is people who do not try and just give up. I pay good money to watch 4 riders race not just give up on the second bend if they are not in the front. I think we need to replace Bjerre, porsing and Rory and Morris a major overhaul is needed if we are to stay in the top 4. I would go for eastbournes Bradley Wilson-Dean If we are allowed that is Andre Lebedev. Emil Sayfutdinov and Zmarzlik

I think the prospects of getting any eastern European riders over here is remote. BWD won't be allowed to replace Morris so I would stick with him as there aren't really any better options around. No idea who we can get in but three new faces would freshen the team up no end.

It's funny reading all these Bjerre comments because after I suggested he was not interested when he missed the gate earlier in the year at Swindon I was given a gob full by at least 1 KL fan! Now everyone is saying the same thing!

• Like 1

You make good points ...but do remember who said this a few weeks back ?

You have probably watched KB many times before, but this could be the first since his last injury.. You say it is a joke to connect past accidents to that of their present form, Then I suggest to talk with Chris Holder. A shadow of his former self who has gone from World Champion to someone who is struggling at the moment...and that is totally down to his previous injuries....

But given time, hopefully, both will recapture their former ability....... Sorry if this sort of thing disappoints you....... but they're not robots......

I made a personal pact a few weeks ago, never to respond to your posts, as you have this, nasty attitude, giving out an impression that you're superior to others. The allegation you make above is so totally wrong, it insults my integrity. Whether it is a genuine mistake on your behalf, I don't know, but never have I thought that, let alone say it. Winning to me is nice, but not that important. I am all for giving riders time to recapture their form. I have more patience than most, and always give the riders the benefit of any doubt. So to even suggest I said that above, is farcical. Nobody has been more supportive of Chris Holder than I. and am so pleased, he is now back riding to something like the standard we have associated with him.

If you think I have said these things, then please spend some time and find any post, where I have rubbished riders recovering from injuries. I put it to you, you will have a long search.

As with KB, I have always given him total support when other have crucified him. Remembering the rider he once was, I always felt he would get back to something like his old form. But I saw a different side to him in that Poole meeting. And like I commented in the original post, he didn't even try, and that to me is totally unacceptable.

• Like 2

It's funny reading all these Bjerre comments because after I suggested he was not interested when he missed the gate earlier in the year at Swindon I was given a gob full by at least 1 KL fan! Now everyone is saying the same thing!

We've been thinking it since he signed for Lynn, such a frustrating rider.

• Like 1

I made a personal pact a few weeks ago, never to respond to your posts, as you have this, nasty attitude, giving out an impression that you're superior to others. The allegation you make above is so totally wrong, it insults my integrity. Whether it is a genuine mistake on your behalf, I don't know, but never have I thought that, let alone say it. Winning to me is nice, but not that important. I am all for giving riders time to recapture their form. I have more patience than most, and always give the riders the benefit of any doubt. So to even suggest I said that above, is farcical. Nobody has been more supportive of Chris Holder than I. and am so pleased, he is now back riding to something like the standard we have associated with him.

If you think I have said these things, then please spend some time and find any post, where I have rubbished riders recovering from injuries. I put it to you, you will have a long search.

As with KB, I have always given him total support when other have crucified him. Remembering the rider he once was, I always felt he would get back to something like his old form. But I saw a different side to him in that Poole meeting. And like I commented in the original post, he didn't even try, and that to me is totally unacceptable.

I think you got the wrong end of the stick ...Every fan who posted on the Swindon match told that Kenny was not trying you then spent post after post saying it was because he getting over injury and get off his back etc etc ...of course we now have the irony of you slagging him off for not trying only a few weeks later .

Edited by orion

I think you got the wrong end of the stick ...Every fan who posted on the Swindon match told that Kenny was not trying you then spent post after post saying it was because he getting over injury and get off his back etc etc ...of course we now have the irony of you slagging him off for not trying only a few weeks later .

I am never too big to apologise when I'm wrong, but that was not the way your post read. I have always given the Injured riders the benefit of the doubt, and would have stuck up for Kenneth bearing in mind the problems he had suffered.

Recently I had been pleased of the progress KB had made and felt he was recapturing some of his obvious talent. Not only was he gating more but was actually mixing it with other riders. So yes well pleased with his progress.

Come, Wednesday at Poole, another side of his character came into play. Bearing in mind how his form had improved, I had high hopes of him performing well, in a match against the top contenders. After a poor first race from the dreaded gate 4, he was paired with Bomber on a tactical, trying to repair a 12 point deficit. Kenneth made a blinding start, and we all know what happened after that. He fought tooth and nail to keep Bomber behind him, effort, that any rider would have been proud off.

My point is, In his next 2 races he again made both starts, and usually, that would have been enough for him to be away and gone. But he was quite happy to cruise around at the back with little or no effort applied. Not caring of the consequences to his team or the fans That's the bit that rankled me. It's got nothing to do with injuries, purely down to attitude...

• Like 1

I am never too big to apologise when I'm wrong, but that was not the way your post read. I have always given the Injured riders the benefit of the doubt, and would have stuck up for Kenneth bearing in mind the problems he had suffered.

Recently I had been pleased of the progress KB had made and felt he was recapturing some of his obvious talent. Not only was he gating more but was actually mixing it with other riders. So yes well pleased with his progress.

Come, Wednesday at Poole, another side of his character came into play. Bearing in mind how his form had improved, I had high hopes of him performing well, in a match against the top contenders. After a poor first race from the dreaded gate 4, he was paired with Bomber on a tactical, trying to repair a 12 point deficit. Kenneth made a blinding start, and we all know what happened after that. He fought tooth and nail to keep Bomber behind him, effort, that any rider would have been proud off.

My point is, In his next 2 races he again made both starts, and usually, that would have been enough for him to be away and gone. But he was quite happy to cruise around at the back with little or no effort applied. Not caring of the consequences to his team or the fans That's the bit that rankled me. It's got nothing to do with injuries, purely down to attitude...

And that it what everyone told you the other week that he was not trying ....it was you who said it was down to injuries and then telling people to get off his back ....