British Speedway Forum
Paulco

Glasgow V Berwick The Final After The Final 19/10/14 @ 3-15p.m.

We need to learn lessons from this season regarding fixtures. We will no doubt be forced to not run on the weekend of at least 1 shared event and the British GP therefore we should ensure every Sunday during the key summer period of July and August has a fixture, something that hasn't happened over recent years. I also believe we should make more use of be our alternate raceday ie Monday or Thursday when we are away to other Sunday tracks, GP, PLRC etc.

The fans have also demonstrated they have zero appetite for matches with the Monarchs. Time to bin the Spring Trophy, Scottish Cup and any other reason for running against them. I'm all for an opening season challenge before the real season begins so let's see if Worky or Redcar are up for it home and away and let's freshen things up by starting positively in 2015 and not just the usual time served opposition.

Can't disagree regarding the Monarchs would like to see a curtain opener something along the lines of the old 4TT Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday, Ourself's Sunday and Newcastle Monday you can use your full septet over the 4 day's as you see fit this i feel would create more interest for the fan's and would be different to the usual Edinburgh opener.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 8

Alot of money for the fans tho with 4 meeting in 4 days

Probably but wouldn't imagine most would go to the 4 but it was just a thought different from the norm.

Can't disagree regarding the Monarchs would like to see a curtain opener something along the lines of the old 4TT Edinburgh Friday, Berwick Saturday, Ourself's Sunday and Newcastle Monday you can use your full septet over the 4 day's as you see fit this i feel would create more interest for the fan's and would be different to the usual Edinburgh opener.

Totally agree with that..i used to love all matches with the Tiggers (and no just because 9 times out of 10 Monarchs have triumphed in recent years lol ;) ),but to be brutally honest they've kind of lost their excitement factor.A 4 team tournament challenge would do it for me as i love those fixtures..i feel that would be a breath of fresh air rather than the stale offerings served up recently..sometimes you have to go back to the future as they say!

• Like 2

Great idea. I really miss the 4TT.

• Like 1

Great idea 4tt at start of season I think many would go to all 4 after all got six months to save for them.

• Like 4

Great idea 4tt at start of season I think many would go to all 4 after all got six months to save for them.

If it was organised well in advance, then I think it would be a great season opener.

I'd save my pennies over the winter for it :)

Problem is, clubs in question would have to fund three away meetings from one home gate.

So it won't happen.

Problem is, clubs in question would have to fund three away meetings from one home gate.So it won't happen.

Could you explain what that entails regarding funding away meetings,not sure what you mean by that statement.

Application made to run Sunday 2nd November. fingers crossed. :cheers:

Ridiculous

Ridiculous

How so? It's the riders who will lose out on the money if the meetings aren't run. The supporters lose out on the chance to say their goodbyes and the riders can't thank them for their support. :cheers:

Problem is, clubs in question would have to fund three away meetings from one home gate.

So it won't happen.

Agreed. Plus all riders are on HL rates, and if used as a starter tournament, where do the other 3 riders per team get their real practice.

Why not go the whole hog and bring back the 4TT Qualifiers for Finals day at Peterborough.