British Speedway Forum

It's interesting to see Charlie in quite a different role from the one we usually see her in ie: the trifling pit interviews to now appearing fairly regulary on heavyweight politcal programmes, raising concerns of a very serious nature for which she clearly has intellegent, articulate and passionate views.

Good for her.

• Like 3

It's interesting to see Charlie in quite a different role from the one we usually see her in ie: the trifling pit interviews to now appearing fairly regulary on heavyweight politcal programmes, raising concerns of a very serious nature for which she clearly has intellegent, articulate and passionate views.

Good for her.

I watched her appearence on This week last night talking about the Ched Evans case, thought she was excellent putting her views across.

This is the link to it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RfTrKT8Llew

She's a speedway person and it's posted in the speedway discussions bit so it's in the right section I would say

I think she's very good outside of speedway and actually gets far too much stick when she's doing the speedway.....I think she might move on from speedway now as she has plenty of other things going on...

Sophie Blake appears to be getting more air time again and she'd be a good replacement wouldn't she ?....if they need one

• Like 2

I have to say that I was very impressed with Charlie too last night. She was not frightened to disagree with some of the Political Heavyweights and put her Case very well. Obviously a highly principled Lady as she has said that she will resign her position at Sheffield United if Ched Evans signs for her Club. As I said - very impressive.

I expect Speedway on Sky Sports was very much a stepping stone for Charlie.

Not at all, she enjoys the job and is looking to continue.

She'd be much better on Eurosport and her diddies would be bigger :party:

• Like 1

Not at all, she enjoys the job and is looking to continue.

I'm just saying, I doubt very much her career ambitions were to become interview girl on Sky Sports speedway... I expect she would be very disappointed if that was the high point of her career.

I'm just saying, I doubt very much her career ambitions were to become interview girl on Sky Sports speedway... I expect she would be very disappointed if that was the high point of her career.

OR doing the graveyard shift on Sky Sports News off an auto-cue

Edited by PHILIPRISING
  • Like 1

I have to say that I was very impressed with Charlie too last night. She was not frightened to disagree with some of the Political Heavyweights and put her Case very well. Obviously a highly principled Lady as she has said that she will resign her position at Sheffield United if Ched Evans signs for her Club. As I said - very impressive.

If only she would leave her Sky Sports Role .

If only she would leave her Sky Sports Role .

Yep, she should have replaced Jeremy Paxman on Newsnight.