British Speedway Forum

I see the most unsuccessful professional football club in the land, Hartlepool have now said they don't want him there, so it probably means the end of his footballing career in this country.

At the end of the day, if you are a public servant , in the broadest sense of the word , which Evans is (or was) you are subject to the whims of public opinion, rightly or wrongly, but I do find it a bit incongruous that footballers who have killed people through drunk driving are back playing without a whimper from the same public that object to Evans. Still, as the old saying goes there's know't so queer as folk.

I see the most unsuccessful professional football club in the land, Hartlepool have now said they don't want him there, so it probably means the end of his footballing career in this country.

At the end of the day, if you are a public servant , in the broadest sense of the word , which Evans is (or was) you are subject to the whims of public opinion, rightly or wrongly, but I do find it a bit incongruous that footballers who have killed people through drunk driving are back playing without a whimper from the same public that object to Evans. Still, as the old saying goes there's know't so queer as folk.

It could be of course, be that the others that you mention have either showed remorse or pleaded guilty.

As an aside. Hartlepool were once very famous and successful. Under what Manager ?

Not sure she qualifies as a "Sports Personality"

Her appearance is a matter of taste - can't say I find her very attractive

As far as being good at her job (pits reporter) I think she has, if anything, got worse than I remember her to be originally - her standard of questioning is puerile and has not improved with experience, and her interviewing of the younger foreign riders who have less of a grasp of English is usually a total embarrassment

The reappearance of Mrs Nicholls has really shown her up!

As far as the Ched Evans case is concerned, I really hope he is found to be the recipient of a miscarriage of justice, for his sake and that of his family

Then, it would be interesting to hear what Charlie, and that athlete woman, have to say for themselves

That's a shame. I hear she finds you very attractive indeed and is a huge fan of your postings on this forum. She must be absolutely gutted to read this.

What a strange standpoint you take, taking sympathy with a convicted rapist. Either you put your faith in the British Justice System or in a man who chose take full advantage of a vulnerable teenage girl and got his 'mates' to film him getting his own disgusting selfish way, then sneaking off all behind his partner's back. Personally, I'll put my faith in our system.

Although we still have some way to go, I think we are increasingly living in a society where more victims feel they can speak out against sexual abuse and they will get the overwhelming support of others. Perhaps some people would prefer we go back to the 1970s?

Edited by falcace
  • Like 6

At this rate, he'll not be able to be employed anywhere and will end up on benefits. Unless some do-gooder starts a new campaign to stop 'his sort' claiming them too. Where will it end?

• Like 1

It could be of course, be that the others that you mention have either showed remorse or pleaded guilty.

if you knew or beilved you were innocent you wouldnt though, neither would i... Never in a million years would i, convicted or not.

I see that its also been reported that one of Evans' family members is pleased and fully supportive of Hartlepools' decision!!! :t:

if you knew or beilved you were innocent you wouldnt though, neither would i... Never in a million years would i, convicted or not.

Given that from the evidence he appears guilty, the proceedings found him guilty and the appeal judge said the decision should stand, how guilty does he have to be before he really is guilty.

Drunken women please do not reply.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

The Yorkshire Ripper believed he was innocent. Doesn't mean he was.

• Like 2

Given that from the evidence he appears guilty, the proceedings found him guilty and the appeal judge said the decision should stand, how guilty does he have to be before he really is guilty.

Drunken women please do not comment.

so if you knew you were innocent, even though convicted, youd just admit it because youd exhausted all avenues?? Not a chance, doesnt matter what the courts say etc, if he thinks hes innocent or knows hes innocent he should never show remorse imo.

If a young lass went to police and made allegations against you, that you knew were false and you were tryed and convicted, would you show remorse because youd been found guilty or because the verdict was found to be reached within the law on appeal?? Surely you wouldnt? The law is an ass and a conviction is a jurys opinion based on supposed facts.... Facts in this case that couldnt be proven unless you were there.

The Yorkshire Ripper believed he was innocent. Doesn't mean he was.

im not saying he was, im saying if i knew i was or thought i was i wouldnt show remorse and nor would most folk.... Why should Evans or Sutcliffe be any different??

Btw sutcliffe confessed but pleaded not guilty on grounds of diminished responsability.

Edited by Arson fire

so if you knew you were innocent, even though convicted, youd just admit it because youd exhausted all avenues?? Not a chance, doesnt matter what the courts say etc, if he thinks hes innocent or knows hes innocent he should never show remorse imo.

I take your point but even in those circumstances a statement that he was foolish to put himself in that position would be a good move and add that young men should treat young women with respect. I assume you would agree he didn't treat the female in question with respect.

• Like 2

I take your point but even in those circumstances a statement that he was foolish to put himself in that position would be a good move and add that young men should treat young women with respect. I assume you would agree he didn't treat the female in question with respect.

yes i do agree, maybe he should have said somrthing along those lines, but very much doubt his lawyers advised it.

I also feel the lady in question must have had no self respect to go to a hotel room to have sex with a stranger, if that was my daughter shed get both barrels regardless of what ensued later..... Young women should also treat young men with respect, not in this case but it works both ways!!.

I

Although tragic and irresponsible,i don't think anyone intentionally goes out to have an accident and kill or main someone.The same can't really be said about someone who rapes a person,imo

Totally agree. Men AND women should not only respect each other but themselves as well.

• Like 1

yes i do agree, maybe he should have said somrthing along those lines, but very much doubt his lawyers advised it.

I also feel the lady in question must have had no self respect to go to a hotel room to have sex with a stranger, if that was my daughter shed get both barrels regardless of what ensued later..... Young women should also treat young men with respect, not in this case but it works both ways!!.

I understand it was the fact the lady 'got both barrels' that proved him guilty!!!! :mad: