British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
OveFundinFan

2015 Speedway Gp Challange

What was the basis for GB spots? Trying to work out how Newman and worrall were picked ahead of say Lambert and cook?

I can't answer the question but I can say that Cook hasn't been overlooked. He is racing in Lonigo tomorrow.

I do not think that Robert Lambert was eligible due to the licence he is operating under. In previous years hasn't the criteria for SGP qualification been taken from the finishing order in the most recent British Final. If this was still the case then Kyle Newman should not have been chosen because I do not think that he made last year's final.

Edited by barrow boy

Good result from part-timer Tobi Kroner

• Like 1

Abensberg sofar:

CZ 1 - Thomas Suchanek

GB 1 - Chris Harris

DE 2 - Kai Huckenbeck, Martin Smolinski

DK 2 - Rasmus Jensen, Peter Kildemand

FR 1

IT 1 - Nico Covatti

LT 1

AU 1

HU 1 - Norbert Magosi

NO 1

PL 1 - Grzegorz Walasek

SK 1 - Martin Vaculik

SE 2 - Thomas H Jonasson, Kim Nilsson

Walesek won't be fit will he??

Walesek won't be fit will he??

Maybe. He is supposed to try to ride at this weekend so he might ride in Abensberg.

Edited by Ghostwalker

I do not think that Robert Lambert was eligible due to the licence he is operating under. In previous years hasn't the criteria for SGP qualification been taken from the finishing order in the most recent British Final. If this was still the case then Kyle Newman should not have been chosen because I do not think that he made last year's final.

Used to be on finishing order in the previous years British Final, but so many riders turn down the opportunity, I think it just on nominations now. To be fair to Kyle he has always grasped the chance to do the qualifiers at junior level (afaik), so that may have been a factor.

http://www.bournemouthecho.co.uk/sport/speedway/piratesnews/12919804.Speedway__Newman_selected_for_Gorican_GP_qualifier/

Does anyone know if there is a link to todays meeting in lonigo ?

Here possibly,if live updates is what you mean.Not normally any livestreams from Italy and updates are also a bit hit and miss

http://www.sportowefakty.pl/zuzel/wydarzenie/35218

• Like 1

Not a great showing by the riders from the English speaking parts of the world at Gorican :neutral:

Edited by uk martin

Not a great showing by the riders from the English speaking parts of the world at Gorican today :neutral:

That is the thing though,d we have any riders(apart from Robert Lambert)who has any sort of GP future at the moment?Unfortunately I can't see any.So you just have a few riders who are going for the adventure and a bit of experience.They might get lucky,but that is unlikely with better riders in there..Might have been ok on a British track,but really they are just losing money.Kevin Wölbert pulled out of these meetings a few years back because he always got the long expensive trips while others always got the home meetings.And it sort of answers those who want to see all riders in the world able to enter the world championships.........

Edited by iris123
  • Like 2

That is the thing though,d we have any riders(apart from Robert Lambert)who has any sort of GP future at the moment?Unfortunately I can't see any.So you just have a few riders who are going for the adventure and a bit of experience.They might get lucky,but that is unlikely with better riders in there..Might have been ok on a British track,but really they are just losing money.Kevin Wölbert pulled out of these meetings a few years back because he always got the long expensive trips while others always got the home meetings.And it sort of answers those who want to see all riders in the world able to enter the world championships.........

While I would agree with that, I think it better to encourage ambition than stifle it.

• Like 1

Cook + King making hard work of it so far.......

Cook + King making hard work of it so far.......

And the points they've got are against rider's of no pedigree. Very poor