British Speedway Forum
Skidder1

Bspa Meeting With Ukv&i?

While some might argue that speedway (or perhaps more accurately, the BSPA) have reaped what they have sown I think that the UK V&I are being unreasonable in taking this action at this point.

Just to correct this post.......

I am advised that this is a matter between employer and migrant, not the BSPA. Indeed, they have been proactive in trying to sort this issue out.

I am further advised that the difficulties are not insurmountable.

Fingers crossed, then.

I am advised that this is a matter between employer and migrant, not the BSPA. Indeed, they have been proactive in trying to sort this issue out.

Fingers crossed, then.

Pleased about that, but it will not appease the usual suspects who have already he'd their day on this, and other threads. Normal day then.

• Like 1

Fingers crossed, then.

As the employers are the clubs and the clubs belong to the BSPA , to me the BSPA do not get off the hook that easily!

• Like 5

Fingers crossed, then.

But it's the men in charge at individual clubs that have made mistakes with paperwork, along with unlawful guest, loan and doubling-up rules, which is the BSPA, as I understood it. Edited by Islander15

As the employers are the clubs and the clubs belong to the BSPA , to me the BSPA do not get off the hook that easily!

Some of the clubs might belong to UKIP or be Freemasons, you're right let's hang anybody we want to blame

Pleased about that, but it will not appease the usual suspects who have already he'd their day on this, and other threads.

I think the complication is speedway is that the points limit means riders move around teams quite often, whereas sponsored visas are linked to single employers. The guest system and riders taking open bookings possibly further complicates matters.

A sporting body does have some responsibility to liaise with the authorities, and ensure its members are correctly advised and follow the rules so that complications for everyone don't arise because some don't do things right. I haven't looked at them for a while, but the work permit qualifications used to be an absolute joke, and maybe someone finally cottoned-on to the fact that finishing fourth in Australian State title does not a world class rider make... :rolleyes:

A sporting body does have some responsibility to liaise with the authorities, and ensure its members are correctly advised and follow the rules so that complications for everyone don't arise because some don't do things right. I haven't looked at them for a while, but the work permit qualifications used to be an absolute joke, and maybe someone finally cottoned-on to the fact that finishing fourth in Australian State title does not a world class rider make... :rolleyes:

Riding in the Premier League doesn't make a rider "World class" either. It amazes me that Mason Campton is potentially going to get a 3rd season in the UK and has yet to hit a 5 point PL average. There are Brits who could do what he's doing who don't have a job.

Riding in the Premier League doesn't make a rider "World class" either. It amazes me that Mason Campton is potentially going to get a 3rd season in the UK and has yet to hit a 5 point PL average. There are Brits who could do what he's doing who don't have a job.

name them!

Here's something substantial;

http://scunthorpescorpions.co/?p=2383

Wihilst I think Alex has made a very sensible and adult post , why are the UKV&I applications being processed in Manilla ?? out sourcing a la insurance call centres ?? or maybe it is just in a Manilla envelope somewhere else in the world ?

name them!

Adam Ellis. He could do Campton job. Average is 0.01 higher too so is the same standard of rider. Bunyan has an identical average (4.66), Joe Jacobs only half a point lower. Ben Wilson 0.2 higher.

So thats 4 rider I have just used to replace one Aussie.

Edited by SCB

Id be more worried about guys like atkin, mason and all the other riders that are 30yrs plus in the naitional league taking spots from the riders it was created for.

Adam Ellis. He could do Campton job. Average is 0.01 higher too so is the same standard of rider. Bunyan has an identical average (4.66), Joe Jacobs only half a point lower. Ben Wilson 0.2 higher.

So thats 4 rider I have just used to replace one Aussie.

We are looking for 22 not 1. The reason why we have D/U and D/D is there is a shortage of British riders, hence the vast efforts that is going on at youth level to solve the problem. Although there will be the odd exception, if a Brit was good enough, and didn't have any baggage, he would get a team place generally. Full employment of ALL British riders is not practical, because employers would not want to sign certain riders for very good and obvious reasons. Adam is, I agree, a bit unlucky this year, but when the season starts I am sure he will get a place, father permitting of course.

• Like 2

We are looking for 22 not 1. The reason why we have D/U and D/D is there is a shortage of British riders, hence the vast efforts that is going on at youth level to solve the problem. Although there will be the odd exception, if a Brit was good enough, and didn't have any baggage, he would get a team place generally. Full employment of ALL British riders is not practical, because employers would not want to sign certain riders for very good and obvious reasons. Adam is, I agree, a bit unlucky this year, but when the season starts I am sure he will get a place, father permitting of course.

Alot of the Aussies are good enough to be here, and deserve a team place on merit - people like Campton for example, don't.

Alot of the Aussies are good enough to be here, and deserve a team place on merit - people like Campton for example, don't.

I can agree with that, but if we don't have a decent Brit to replace him, Promotions are then going to employ under achievers like Campton. I have seen Campton ride regularly, and in some races can be very good. Sometimes it can be worthwhile to continue with him for a period of time, in case he suddenly clicks. As I said, if he is very bad why would a promotion sign him if a cheaper Brit wanted the ride.

Edited by Tsunami

Some of the clubs might belong to UKIP or be Freemasons, you're right let's hang anybody we want to blame

On that point what do your reckon the political landscape of speedway actually is; its authority; promoters, riders and supporters. What would speedway vote if it could vote in May. My educated guess is that speedway would vote UKIP or Conservative. No chance Liberal, not an earthly for Green, may be an odd left leaner (to be expected in this game) but not enough for a Liebore majority, not enough Scottish Nastis in it.

So for me defo Speedway will vote Conservative or UKIP at the election.