British Speedway Forum

What a cracker that was, fantastic stuff. Well done Sweden, however Bjerre instead of MJJ has cost the Danes big time imo..

Possibly, they will never know.

Dreadful meeting. The racing today will put the multi 100's of fans from attending meetings ever again.

I hope the BSI realise this is now 2015, not 1985. Us fans are desperate for FTG's, follow the leader racing we normally see week in week out.

All this overtaking is ridiculous, pathetic and very dangerous.

I could never watch that week in week out

• Like 1

Trying to remember the last meeting that was as good as this one tonight, awesome meeting.

It was a good meeting in terms of being very close, but it was hardly a classic in terms of racing.

The World Cup format always throws up these very close results. Last year was decided on the final turn of the final heat and the year before was a last heat decider.

There was actually a lot of good racing today.

It was a very, very good meeting, and much needed after some of the televised disasters earlier in 2015.

I'm not entirely sure if I'd agree with MickTheMuppet's verdict of best televised meeting ever. I would say the 2007 World Cup Final at Leszno (last-heat decider and more than 100 passes within a single meeting) is still the best of terms of racing, while for sheer drama, there's the 2006 and 2010 Play-Off Final second legs, and for controversy, the 2004 World Cup Final.

But withstanding all that, it was a mighty fine meeting today.

All the best

Rob

Edited by lucifer sam

Trying to remember the last meeting that was as good as this one tonight, awesome meeting.

I think the one this afternoon comes very,very close :wink:

Out of the top drawer!

Whooah x20 :D

They were right though.,stonking meeting. The reason we watch Speedway was displayed today... :approve:

Cut throat, hard moves and entertainment :t:

Well done Sweden, who'd have bloody thunk it? :o

There was actually a lot of good racing today.

It was a very, very good meeting, and much needed after some of the televised disasters earlier in 2015.

I'm not entirely sure if I'd agree with MickTheMuppet's verdict of best televised meeting ever. I would say the 2007 World Cup Final at Leszno (last-heat decider and more than 100 passes within a single meeting) is still the best of terms of racing, while for sheer drama, there's the 2006 and 2010 Play-Off Final second legs, and for controversy, the 2004 World Cup Final.

But withstanding all that, it was a mighty fine meeting today.

All the best

Rob

My sentiments too (though you had to spoil it by mentioning the 2006 playoff final).

A much needed break of the Danish/Polish domination of this event in recent years.

Tonight's SWC was a terrific Meeting. It is probably among the best televised Meetings that I have seen. It had Passing, Incident, Controversy, superb Racing and a VERY close and exciting Finish.

I felt that Sweden were worthy Winners - but tonight I reckon that could have been said whichever Team had won, as they all contributed to a very fine Contest.

Only down side for me, as ever, was the bloody 'Joker'.

I did thoroughly enjoy it though.

I think the one this afternoon comes very,very close :wink:

Seeing I watched it tonight it's tonight's meeting for me

I thought holder did well to get off his bike quickly.

Well done to all the teams today for a great meeting

I recorded it at 7 pm as I was out this evening till 9 and fully expected to see a 75% meeting with heats missed out, but no, thanks Eurosport, just watched it and I was able to see every heat in what was probably the very best speedway meeting I have seen in years.

• Like 1

Only down side for me, as ever, was the bloody 'Joker'.

As it happened it did not benefit the Aussies. But I agree,that needs to go and in comes a fifth rider reserve next season.

• Like 2

I could not agree more that the Joker has to go, not just in the World Cup Final but in all speedway meetings. I have never liked it, and never will. It may tighten up the meeting but if a team gets behind then so be it, as using it just gives a false result.

• Like 2

That was a fantastic speedway meeting,had everything.The riders showed fantastic skills in tight situations.

I also watched it this evening, as live, having been out for the afternoon and successfully avoided any knowledge of the result. It was indeed a great speedway meeting, had everything you could wish for on a fair and decent track, take a bow Phil Morris.

I was also thinking it was amongst the best meetings I've seen but I'm also wondering if the fact that it was condensed into a 2 hour slot that made it seem better, we were spared all the ridiculous delays between heats and when exclusions and falls occurred, it just flowed so nicely.

Either way it's good to read all the positive comments in this thread, makes a nice change for us to have something to praise about our sport.

At least the Falubaz fella has been quiet after last night's rant.