British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
crescent girl

Berwick V Peterborough (on Sky) Wed, July 8th

Nobody ever has a full Team these days,that's why fans couldn't care whether they go or not.Its just 7 v 7 that might be entertaining if your not busy.

7 v 7 would be nice, often 6 v 6 over 10 heats

• Like 2

That's why I thought it was a Wednesday too.

To be honest, I don't care what night it is, pretty chuffed we are getting another Sky meeting :)

2 off the most attractive fixtures on paper at Berwick this season(Glasgow and now Peterborough)have been devalued by under strength Teams turning up.Whilst I agree that you cannot forecast what a meeting will turn out like entertainment wise ,it is really a poor reflection on the sport nowadays.How many times this season will there be 14 riders turn up for a meeting .Chuffed you may be but it is a joke IMO .
  • Like 1

Starting to get excited about this.

I always enjoy midweek meetings, especially when they are followed by a Saturday and Sunday meeting!

:)

What about Sheffield on Thursday night ?

2 off the most attractive fixtures on paper at Berwick this season(Glasgow and now Peterborough)have been devalued by under strength Teams turning up.Whilst I agree that you cannot forecast what a meeting will turn out like entertainment wise ,it is really a poor reflection on the sport nowadays.How many times this season will there be 14 riders turn up for a meeting .Chuffed you may be but it is a joke IMO .

I agree with what you say. I did enjoy the Glasgow meeting, though, and maybe that shows that we perhaps don't need all these foreign "superstars" who seem to treat the UK as just a bit of pocket money.

What about Sheffield on Thursday night ?

Would have been even better if I could make it, one of my favourite tracks.

There's no reason to suppose this match won't be a close contest -- the Sky match with Newcastle in 2013 saw an understrength Diamonds' squad take a big enough win over the full Berwick side -- and Peterborough last season turned up understrength and guest-heavy, and that was a walkover for the Panthers!

This'll be a good night too, both previous Sky Sports visits have been well-supported, and Berwick know how to put on a good show for the cameras.

• Like 1

I'm off tomorrow, so i'll be down. Mon the Bandits!

• Like 4

We have had some rain in Berwick overnight and it remains cloudy right now, forecast is for any cloud to clear over the next few hours to leave a dry day. It will be cooler than of late.

Whatever team Peterborough and for that matter Berwick are turning up with I hope tonight's meeting is a good advert for Berwick Speedway,Peterborough Speedway, PL speedway and speedway racing in general, and lets face it, right now it needs all the help it can get.

• Like 1

Just from being in the town centre at dinner time the past couple of days, I've noticed it's been busy with tourists, now the Scottish school holidays have started. Not a hell of a lot else to do in Berwick on a Wednesday night, could have been an opportunity for somebody from the club to get over to the town centre today and spread the word about the meeting tonight.

Panthers put proud record on the line in bandit country

4158869438.jpg

Adam Roynon is back in Peterborough Panthers' colours at Berwick. Photo: David Lowndes.

08:14Wednesday 08 July 2015

Peterborough Panthers supremo :rofl: Ged Rathbone insists his team will not surrender their unbeaten Premier League away record without a fight tonight (July 8)

The city racers make their second television appearance in the space of a fortnight when travelling to face a Berwick Bandits side yet to slip up at home.

It means something is likely to give in front of the Sky Sports cameras on a night when victory would see Panthers return to the top of the table.

They face a tough task though due to the absence of three riders. Captain Ulrich Ostergaard, red-hot Michael Palm Toft and new recruit Emil Grondal are all missing due to fixtures in their native Denmark.

Newcastle man Steve Worrall and Redcar ace Adam Roynon, who had been set to race for the club on a regular basis this season until injured on the opening day of the campaign, step in with the rider replacement facility also in operation.

Rathbone said: “It is an honour for the club to appear on Sky again.

“Of course it is not ideal to have three riders missing, but we have drafted in a couple of very capable guests and I am confident we can give a very good account of ourselves.

“We will be treating this meeting in exactly the same way as we treat all others. We are going there to win and continue our fine away record.”

Berwick have won four of their five home league meetings to date. They were recently held to a draw by a Plymouth side who have also won at the Showground.

They turn to a Devils man to step in at number one tonight with former Panthers ace Ryan Fisher deputising for the injured Ben Barker.

Berwick are also missing one of their two Danish riders with Claus Vissing – another ex-Peterborough man - racing in his homeland. They use the rider replacement facility to cover his absence.

TEAMS

BERWICK: Ryan Fisher (guest), Fernando Garcia, Rider replacement for Claus Vissing, Thomas Jorgensen, Kevin Doolan, Alex Edberg, Richard Hall.

PANTHERS: Steve Worrall (guest), Rider replacement for Emil Grondal, Lewis Blackbird, Adam Roynon (guest), Robert Lambert, Rafal Kopnopka, Simon Lambert.

Edited by Flyin Panther

Still bits and pieces of light rain around but it is brighter than before.

Berwick are also missing one of their two Danish riders with Claus Vissing – another ex-Peterborough man - racing in his homeland. They use the rider replacement facility to cover his absence.

Uninformed pish.

• Like 3

Just from being in the town centre at dinner time the past couple of days, I've noticed it's been busy with tourists, now the Scottish school holidays have started. Not a hell of a lot else to do in Berwick on a Wednesday night, could have been an opportunity for somebody from the club to get over to the town centre today and spread the word about the meeting tonight.

Have you ever considered that the people who run the club might just be busy with their day jobs?