British Speedway Forum
crescent girl

Berwick V Sheffield - August 15th

Cookie's tweets look pretty innocuous to me and certainly not worth multiple pages of rants, most from people not there to see for themselves what the track was like.

Ian Rae's tweet on the other hand, was incredibly lacking in class, especially since I assume he is part of their management team.

And it all deflects from the riding deficiencies of Garrity & Bates. Both are amongst the more wild in the PL.

• Like 2

did big john n happy give back hand to bellgrow mmmmmm

no cause Bellgrow wasn't there last night

However David 'Bellego' was there and was awful

Didn't see 'Happy' there either although 'Dopey' was seen around the pits area

Edited by Goodiepatchie

also good to see Ben Barker back at Berwick last night, looked to be busy helping the team out in the pits

• Like 1

We were always up against it after the most atrocious move by Bates, who tried to put Liam out the stadium, never mind through the fence.

He should have been put out of the meeting for that.

You should have been at Sheffield when Vissing turned right on Paul Cooper just entering the third bend, after watching for him for the length of the back straight

Pitch forks out. He went fishing last night and caught a fair few on twitter and on here from the usual lot. Rae showing his class no wonder nobody goes to Berwick.

• Like 1

Pitch forks out. He went fishing last night and caught a fair few on twitter and on here from the usual lot. Rae showing his class no wonder nobody goes to Berwick.

Looks like you could be on a fishing trip also, but I agree with you about comments from a Berwick official, his comments have done himself or the club few favours.

• Like 1

So it's perfectly acceptable for a rider to slag of the club and the track (which he broke the track record)

Got what he deserved imo

• Like 4

Professional sportsman!!

Good to see someone tell it as it is to Cooknotchef.

Kev Doolan is our hero

Going by your name your not Alex Edberg by any chance?

• Like 6

Total over reaction to Cook's tweets.

When are the people of Berwick going to learn that if you bite, the man will fish even more.

You should have been at Sheffield when Vissing turned right on Paul Cooper just entering the third bend, after watching for him for the length of the back straight

Or Makovsky in 2009 bouncing of the fence all over the track pulling lockers in front of Chris Mills.

Not content he then wiped out his team mate Franchetti in the next race.

Edited by spin king
  • Like 2

Touch a nerve?Nah..You just never waste any time in wading into Edinburgh Monarchs Gaz..and i dont really see how you can justify it in your post on this topic/thread to be honest.All must be rosy in the Weegie garden huh Faither Superior?As for rants about Cookie..well,what did he actually say that was wrong on twitter?Ian Rae is the one lacking in class here surely?After a difficult end of season in Craigs first year with us,which was down to heavy goings on in his personal life,he has not only been brilliant on the track,but also brilliant with the fans and always has time for them and never refuses photos autographs etc.I feel he has been a very good ambassador for our club indeed.True he had a public spat with Ben Barker and toilet heater (not the first and probably not the last rider to do so in Ben's case),but then even St Greg Hancock himself has a 'tipping point' and it's part of the sport after all.Nobodies perfect..to be honest..i dont really know what else you base this 'having no class' cobblers on?Ps By the way,did any good speedway racing break out at Shielfield last night? ;)

Credit were credit is due he was imperious today fantastic in the Final against Rich who gave him the room to carry out his outside swoop on the last bend and a deserving winner i have nothing against him personally i just think he let's himself down sometimes with his off track comments on social media he should maybe leave it a few hours to take stock and he might post different.

But as i say can't fault him on track as he is by a long distance the top rider in this league and today proved it if anyone had any doubt's.

Going by your name your not Alex Edberg by any chance?

Well if we use that anaology who are you impersonating.

• Like 2

Not that fussed re trolling, bites or what's written on social media, Cook evidently is a prat and more play to Rae for saying it

Given you can say what you like on here and caveat it with IMO it's slightly Gestapoish to attempt to handcuff the opinion of anyone irrespective of their role

As a fan of Berwick it's great seeing someone stick up for the club while some bell end attempts to take pops at it

Edited by sparkafag
  • Like 6