British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SCB

Kent Kings 2016

I just wish the Mr Silver was NOT involved in the process for lots of reasons.

Agreed. He made a valuable contribution to the sport in the past but he is well past his sell by date and seems to cause trouble and dissent wherever he goes these days. Time to retire gracefully.

• Like 1

Agreed. He made a valuable contribution to the sport in the past but he is well past his sell by date and seems to cause trouble and dissent wherever he goes these days. Time to retire gracefully.

Agree 100%.

The things that have happened at Kent has held the Club back.

Surely he can see that time has come to bow out and let the Club join the modern era.

If he has a say in team selection for the Elite League then it will be a struggle.

Kent are going to finish bottom of the National League and Rye House are hardly big hitters in the Premier League.

There was a rumour that Birmingham were offered BIG money to re-join the EL. However, sanity has broken out; once bitten, twice shy!

Birmingham was the classic example of buyer beware, go back a decade and you could say almost the same thing about Arena Essex, doing quite nicely in the second tier, big Ron gets the invite to take the club up with promises of help which never came, what followed was the worst few seasons the club has ever had in its history.

Agree 100%.

The things that have happened at Kent has held the Club back.

Surely he can see that time has come to bow out and let the Club join the modern era.

If he has a say in team selection for the Elite League then it will be a struggle.

Kent are going to finish bottom of the National League and Rye House are hardly big hitters in the Premier League.

Kent will be welcomed with open arms by the EL, yet another team that will be cannon fodder for teams like Poole and will clearly take some pressure of Leicester, Wolves and Lakeside as its yet another team to compete for the wooden spoon.

• Like 1

Kent will be welcomed with open arms by the EL, yet another team that will be cannon fodder for teams like Poole and will clearly take some pressure of Leicester, Wolves and Lakeside as its yet another team to compete for the wooden spoon.

I think that with the current set up as it is, all teams bar one understand that they are team building for second place at the very best.

Nothing else is a consideration.

• Like 1

There was a rumour that Birmingham were offered BIG money to re-join the EL. However, sanity has broken out; once bitten, twice shy!

Maybe Cradley then??? Perhaps that's why Sky are grooming Simon Stead as an alternative Presenter/commentator?? :D:shock::wink:

I think that with the current set up as it is, all teams bar one understand that they are team building for second place at the very best.

Current set up?, second best ? Thats why you don't win leagues. Very negative.

Edited by Starman2006

Maybe Cradley then??? Perhaps that's why Sky are grooming Simon Stead as an alternative Presenter/commentator?? :D:shock::wink:

think Nigel does a great job on sky very informative and loves the sport but unfortunately always a spoon

Absolutely zero chance of Cradley going Elite. Think Pearson said this in his programme notes a few weeks ago.

I have my doubts about that statement!

I have my doubts about that statement!

:D It was more of an opinion than a statement.

However any right minded person can see that Ford has an unhealthy influence in the corridors of power , is a person who has his own methods of dealing with any serious competition, and has no morals.

• Like 1

:D It was more of an opinion than a statement.

However any right minded person can see that Ford has an unhealthy influence in the corridors of power , is a person who has his own methods of dealing with any serious competition, and has no morals.

Each to their own - however misguided it may be!!

What I don't understand is the relevance to Kent Kings 2016.

I really can't believe the amount of negativity about the possibility of the EL having extra teams?!

I would like to know where this is money is coming from?