British Speedway Forum

Is it though? Or is his current average his level?

We have a few on the Ipswich thread that for some reason seem to love him, but I remain unconvinced.

I'm not saying he's a bad rider because he isn't, but I'm not convinced he continues to be on a "bargain" average after his average has now dropped two season's running.

He had a real purple patch and a breakthrough year in 2013 with Newcastle, but then flopped at Ipswich in 2014 where he shed nearly a point and a half off his average which led the Somerset mob to declare they'd signed him on that "bargain" average this year.

But he also shed another half a point again and continues to go backwards.

So is he still on a bargain average? or will his average continue in the same direction it has for the last couple of season's?

Having said that, the way Glasgow have built their team Worrall is likely to have three riders ahead of him this season and I'm not sure anyone else will have a better fourth rider!

Long tail which goes with the territory when you build in this way, but still the team to beat and will no doubt start favourites.

I think you are right about Worrall. There's a chance he'll improve but its by no means guaranteed.

Barker will go up. At Sheffield in play offs he never looked like being beaten so 7.5 is a bargain average.

Lunna is a shrewd signing, and I agree with Albert's comments above. Ayres will be one of the better 3.00 picks and if Garcia is on better machinery he'll improve considerably.

Its a good team.

I think you are right about Worrall. There's a chance he'll improve but its by no means guaranteed.

Barker will go up. At Sheffield in play offs he never looked like being beaten so 7.5 is a bargain average.

Lunna is a shrewd signing, and I agree with Albert's comments above. Ayres will be one of the better 3.00 picks and if Garcia is on better machinery he'll improve considerably.

Its a good team.

It is, and it's very difficult to look beyond that top four, which looks mouthwatering!

Niike will be fine been everywhere and was settled into the British speedway as the season ended would expect him to put 1 point on his average

that will be me telt then. :rolleyes:

that will be me telt then. :rolleyes:

That's funny, they are not interested in your opinion Mr Blobby, but they make plenty comment about it......lol

• Like 2

Good team. Lunna will add at least a point on that average

Ah, another duff foreigners (Garcia) given another chances. Yay! Not sure Luna is a very good signing either - why sign him rather than keep Sarj? I'll admit I've not look to see if he fits but even so, Luna in the 1-5, eeek.

Very good top 3, Worrall is not bad, Ayres is ok but Luna and Garcia seem like plugging a very tight gap sort of signings.

Coty only came into the Berwick team halfway through the season and despite not having his own bikes available became a fan favourite due to the fact he gave 100% effort for 4 laps. 2016 will see him starting the season from the beginning plus will be on his own bikes. More than capable of raising his average to 4-5 / 5-00 I hope he has a really good season
  • Like 4

I am always intrigued by people's obsession with averages - what do they mean green sheet (which doesn't include bonus points and is based on last 20matches) or speedway star which uses the traditional method, etc. Richard could score a paid max in every meeting - 8 plus 4 from 4 yet his greensheet average will go down to 8. is that a disaster? if danny ayres gets three third places beating the opposition in every ride that to me is better than him getting 4 third places beating his team mate yet in case one he has a 3point average and in case two a 4 point average. So averages are important but not the be all and end all.

• Like 2

Pretty pleased with this team, a team of racers who are exciting to watch, could be a bit scary watching them fly round bend 3 and 4 though. Stewart has work to do to match up pairings, don't want them getting in each other's way.

Pretty pleased with this team, a team of racers who are exciting to watch, could be a bit scary watching them fly round bend 3 and 4 though. Stewart has work to do to match up pairings, don't want them getting in each other's way.

Gotta be Worrall/Summers surely ;)

• Like 1

Looking like a handy team if tail wags a bit.

Looking like a handy team if tail wags a bit.

does look handy, but I can't see the tail wagging the dog ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond

The top 4 will see them through many matches with 40+ points meaning each of the others only need 2 a piece.

A poor night from the top 4 would still likely mean at least 32 .

Lunna the key to being a really formidable side. If he can be at 5+ then any team that beats them will be right up there.

The main weakness will be if and when r/r has to be used for the rider at 3 or 4 in the averages.

• Like 1