British Speedway Forum

I dont think you can be in gp and ride for a pl side. Will this be harris last year in gp's, maybe we will see him next year.

can a gp rider double down?

riders havnt been able to double down for a few years now

and also there was a rule that a current gp rider couldnt ride prem league

i think if the rider was allready riding prem league and qualiffied that was different

riders havnt been able to double down for a few years now

and also there was a rule that a current gp rider couldnt ride prem league

i think if the rider was allready riding prem league and qualiffied that was different

Given the currant paucity of riders there are available for any leagues, perhaps the rules need to be looked at. Were they brought in on cost cutting grounds or to stop the richer clubs from 'buying' the title for example.

personaly i dont think the title can be bought not as in riders maybe in the influance of some team owners/promotors with the bspa

obviously some riders will be influanced byt richer clubs but it doesnt garuntee sucsess on track

personaly i dont think the title can be bought not as in riders maybe in the influance of some team owners/promotors with the bspa

obviously some riders will be influanced byt richer clubs but it doesnt garuntee sucsess on track

Currant promotion are doing their best to prove it either way, but would still like to know the original thinking behind preventing GP participants from riding PL.

Currant promotion are doing their best to prove it either way, but would still like to know the original thinking behind preventing GP participants from riding PL.

Berwick were originally not allowed to sign Michal Makovsky back in 2000 as he was a GP rider (wildcard only).

Can certainly remember us at Brough hanging around for two 7pm starts to give time for both Pepe Franc and Mattie Kus to return from GP wild card births. Around 2011-13ish.

• Like 1

Anyone else fancy guessing the riding order, should be straight forward though due to having such a decent top four:-

1. Lawson 9.12

2. Lunna 4.5

3. Barker 7.56

4. Worrall 6.84

5. Summers 8.37

6. Garcia 3

7. Ayres 3

And could maybe swap Nikka and Richie round away from home, depending on opposition and their team order?

Really excited about this year in terms of the team and the changes - hoping to get along to Ashfield at some point this year! :)

• Like 2

Anyone else fancy guessing the riding order, should be straight forward though due to having such a decent top four:-

1. Lawson 9.12

2. Lunna 4.5

3. Barker 7.56

4. Worrall 6.84

5. Summers 8.37

6. Garcia 3

7. Ayres 3

And could maybe swap Nikka and Richie round away from home, depending on opposition and their team order?

Really excited about this year in terms of the team and the changes - hoping to get along to Ashfield at some point this year! :)

Aye time you came back , bring the wean :drink:

• Like 2

It may have already been announced on this thread, but will Glasgow continue to race on Sundays in 2016? I believe there was talk of switching to Fridays.

It may have already been announced on this thread, but will Glasgow continue to race on Sundays in 2016? I believe there was talk of switching to Fridays.

Still Sundays. Best not talked about still a touchy subject in the west.

Glasgow will race on Sundays, I believe there were objections to Fridays from the east

Glasgow will race on Sundays, I believe there were objections to Fridays from the east

I would have thought Vladimir Putin had more pressing matters to deal with.

• Like 5

That was always going to happen for 2016 , how long we put up with it remains to be seen .

• Like 1