British Speedway Forum

You are more than welcome to him, he was terrible at the Lions this year.

As he has said that he is happy to join a great set up at Lakeside perhaps he found Leicester not that great a set up.

I think it's more of a case that Lakeside were the only team that wanted him 😉

• Like 1

I think it's more of a case that Lakeside were the only team that wanted him

It really doesn't matter whether Lakeside were the only team that wanted him or not. I daresay Coventry were the only team that wanted Kasprzak, but that doesn't mean he wont necessarily do a decent job.

Bjarne would not have been my first choice but as I always say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.. He has a pretty unenviable recent record although that was with one club that didn't pay there riders and one club whose promoter and team manager are not, to put it politely the most people orientated promotion in the sport. Bjarne's personal problems last year have been documented in Speedway Star..

The jury is out on Bjarne but then again it is out on a whole host of other riders .. Admittedly he may prove to be well past his sell by date and a disastrous signing, but can anybody say with any certainty that Lindgren , Kasprzak, Bjerre, Schlein, Watt, Nicholls, Andersen, or half a dozen other key riders are going to recover their former sparkle ?

Although it is a weakened league it is in many ways a competitive and unpredictable one. The One thing that can be said for Bjarne is that his record at Poole and Eastbourne shows he is a very well prepared professional on top rate equipment, and he has very wide experience. His career only really fell apart when he went to two clubs that have had trouble keeping their riders happy, I would say that IF he can start gating pretty much as well as he has done then there are few riders in this weakened league with the experience to pass him. We'll have to see, but Bjarne it is and that's who the Lakeside fans now have to get behind for better or worse.. .

• Like 4

What odds on Bjarne getting double figures when they visit Leicester this year? Form is temporary but class is permanent and I think he will prove to be a great dane for Lakeside.

• Like 1

When Bjarne rode for Poole, his best away tracks were Coventry and Lakeside. Pretty sure he scored 21 points at Lakeside as well!

It really doesn't matter whether Lakeside were the only team that wanted him or not. I daresay Coventry were the only team that wanted Kasprzak, but that doesn't mean he wont necessarily do a decent job.

Bjarne would not have been my first choice but as I always say, the proof of the pudding is in the eating.. He has a pretty unenviable recent record although that was with one club that didn't pay there riders and one club whose promoter and team manager are not, to put it politely the most people orientated promotion in the sport. Bjarne's personal problems last year have been documented in Speedway Star..

The jury is out on Bjarne but then again it is out on a whole host of other riders .. Admittedly he may prove to be well past his sell by date and a disastrous signing, but can anybody say with any certainty that Lindgren , Kasprzak, Bjerre, Schlein, Watt, Nicholls, Andersen, or half a dozen other key riders are going to recover their former sparkle ?

Although it is a weakened league it is in many ways a competitive and unpredictable one. The One thing that can be said for Bjarne is that his record at Poole and Eastbourne shows he is a very well prepared professional on top rate equipment, and he has very wide experience. His career only really fell apart when he went to two clubs that have had trouble keeping their riders happy, I would say that IF he can start gating pretty much as well as he has done then there are few riders in this weakened league with the experience to pass him. We'll have to see, but Bjarne it is and that's who the Lakeside fans now have to get behind for better or worse.. .

Well said mate.

I think it's more of a case that Lakeside were the only team that wanted him

Bjarne was in discussions with 3 EL clubs!!

Bjarne was in discussions with 3 EL clubs!!

How many has the stay back home Dak been in contact with ?

• Like 1

When Bjarne rode for Poole, his best away tracks were Coventry and Lakeside. Pretty sure he scored 21 points at Lakeside as well!

Last couple of visits to Coventry he's been garbage but was excellent before that round there.

Just seen this, we will be lucky to get an away win next season. Didnt Mr Cook say that this season we needed quality back up to AJ and we sign a rider who is way past his best what a joke.

Can see crowds dwindling by the end of May as we struggle again.

• Like 1

I gotta be fair here, forget the bad 6 weeks at Leicester , he couldn't be assed with it there.

Bar a ropey year at brum he's had about 15 years riding commitedly in England which stands for a lot.

It's a crap league and if he can just ride like he did at eastie he should do a perfectly acceptable job for lakers

• Like 2

I gotta be fair here, forget the bad 6 weeks at Leicester , he couldn't be assed with it there.

Bar a ropey year at brum he's had about 15 years riding commitedly in England which stands for a lot.

It's a crap league and if he can just ride like he did at eastie he should do a perfectly acceptable job for lakers

Unfortunately those 2 ropey years (including Leicester) was 2015 and 2012 for Birmingham so that's 2 of the past 4 seasons making recent history very relevant.

Lakeside will be hoping for the Eastbourne version!

Lets hope Bjarne and Kennett get on better than when they were in the Poole team together!

• Like 1