British Speedway Forum
hyderd

2016 Swc Semi's And Final 29/30/july 2016

If you can't make reference to other meetings then you shouldn't be claiming this track has failed to deliver on its promise. That is out of order.

And if you could please enlighten me on said statement about track delivering on Friday because it certainly didn't come from me.

I'm out.

You called me out so I was asking you for you're opinion on if the track and stadium delivered on its promise on Friday. Don't go hiding and making excuses now.

Just answer the question.

I can only make reference to meetings I've watched (live or on TV).

I'm only commenting on Friday and Saturday. Friday didn't deliver, Saturday it did.

Feel free to ignore my comments on the stadium and track being something to be proud of to (fail to) prove the point.

Your honest thoughts on Friday then please.

Seeing as you ask the same of me.

You called me out so I was asking you for you're opinion on if the track and stadium delivered on its promise on Friday. Don't go hiding and making excuses now.

Just answer the question.

I can only make reference to meetings I've watched (live or on TV).

I'm only commenting on Friday and Saturday. Friday didn't deliver, Saturday it did.

Feel free to ignore my comments on the stadium and track being something to be proud of to (fail to) prove the point.

Your honest thoughts on Friday then please.

Seeing as you ask the same of me.

Cool.

I thought the track on Friday was prepared beautifully. It was smooth. It was grippy. It was stupidly fast. Hence why it took 2 seconds of the track record.

But it wasn't conducive to good racing.

An excellent performance from the Poles to win and congratulations to them.

Pity about their supporters, or at least one. It's often said that you can judge someone's character on how they handle success. I take it we're all supposed to apologise for daring to be British. Over the years there's been a huge respect for Polish riders over here. Shame the Falubaz troll's undoing most of that. No wonder Zielona Gora's emblem is Mickey Mouse.....

Time to show him the door Phil.

Delighted to see GB going close and that the NSS showed exactly how great a race track it's going to be.

Edited by rmc
  • Like 2

You did not say that. You saidif a stadium has ever failed to deliver on its promise step forward the National Stadium. That was a broad generalisation and now you are throwing Friday in to back out of an apology.

Soft

Soft, mmm ignoring a question asked is soft. I asked for your opinion on Friday and you choose to ignore that.

Friday didn't deliver. Saturday did. It gave everyone a great track and a full stadium and is something to be proud of. I certainly am and will continue to be.

so to summarise in case you yet again miss my point. Saturday was outstanding , Friday was a damp squib.

We can finally say the stadium and track delivered on its promise tonight and hopefully will prove to be our finest stadium for years to come.

any chance of answering the question?

Cool.

I thought the track on Friday was prepared beautifully. It was smooth. It was grippy. It was stupidly fast. Hence why it took 2 seconds of the track record.

But it wasn't conducive to good racing.

Thanks for the information.

• Like 4

Better meeting tonight than lastnight, however BSI have some serious answering to do charging the prices they did for a very poor presentation. The temporary stand was absolutely pathetic with the excited Pole contingent we could hear nothing at all. Sorry Belle Vue won't be visiting again for a major event!!

Pathetic post.

I think the track tonight turned out to be what most of us were hoping for , fantastic racing right from the first race to the last and despite the Aussies best attempts nobody wound up in the ambulance .

• Like 4

Not long home from an absolute belter of a night at the National Speedway Stadium.Wonderful atmosphere,superb speedway racing and every rider busting a vein for their representative countries.

After Fridays poor race off meeting,my ex-serviceman buddy and myself were prepared to give it a miss(even though we only live 30 miles away!!).A massive credit to all involved for making the night a very,very special one indeed!! :t:

Edited by bluejam
  • Like 4

the troll spoils this Forum. how can we get rid of him?

there is a silence option in the forum.

Click on your profile -> Manage Ignore Prefs -> write into the member's name box: "tr3mm0r" -> tick all the boxes -> Save changes

• Like 1

Better meeting tonight than lastnight, however BSI have some serious answering to do charging the prices they did for a very poor presentation. The temporary stand was absolutely pathetic with the excited Pole contingent we could hear nothing at all. Sorry Belle Vue won't be visiting again for a major event!!

Really?

Am I being 'whooshed' as you must be making an obvious wind up?

A truly GREAT Speedway meeting that cost me £45 in total (including race off!) for me and my 13 yr old lad...

Watched the sport for over 40 years and watched thousands of races.....

One of the best meetings I have ever attended..

No 'follow the leader till the track comes to them' nonsense...

Great racing from heat one..

Loads of Poles generated a fantastic atmosphere, good natured but patriotic and we all congratulated each other at the end. Atmosphere and noise at a Speedway meeting? Whatever next?

A truly GREAT night for Speedway in this country....

Lucky to have this fantastic track on my doorstep...

Privileged to be there to watch sixteen riders use every inch of it trying to become World Champions..

PS

(Shame we cannot bottle it and watch this every week in the EL. You would sell out the venues every time)....

Edited by mikebv
  • Like 9

Just got back to Poole and have to say it was much better coming back than going by 3 hours!

Superb performance from Woffinden who led from the front. King eventually came to the party as did Cook. Lambert found out what hard first bends were but the experience did him good. Rosco spot on with his tac moves.

Silver is a fantastic result considering Sweden and Australia looked stronger.

Great crowd, great racing, great result, farcical light show. Needed some fireworks. A joke health and safety said no.

Well done to Poland who deserved their crown.

Off to get some zzzzzzzzzz. Happy days.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 2

Some fabulous racing, but . . . .

Joker wins silver medal

• Like 2

Fantastic meeting and well done to Poland on the win, team GB did us proud with silver. Now getting ready for the long drive back to Poole.

Thought the ref made a few mess up's last night if you follow the rules in the programme - only 1 tac and 1 joker permitted per team - Aussie ht 12 Masters replaced Josh then heat 15 Holder replaced Josh with Doyle on a joker in heat 16, so I make that 3!!

No tacs permitted between seats 17-20 - Sweden make a late change and Put Freddie in ht 19 as a tac in place of Antonio.