British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
bigcatdiary

Tactical Ride - Premier League Cup

After making enquiries it appears this rule is unchanged from last year and TR are allowed in the group stages.

I am we aware that the rulebook states different (and apparently that's another cock up) having been changed for this year but the SCB have already sent out a circular to promoters and referees etc to advise them, just a shame they don't feel it's necessary to let the paying public know.

The words piss up and brewery spring to mind.

• Like 4

So this is the gist; agree a rule change at the AGM no Tac Ride in League Cup. Someone prints rule books including the Tac Ride and instead of going with the decision at AGM we go with whats printed errorneously in the rule book. Yeap rearrange this organise up brewery a pi** in couĺdnt

I hope I am wrong.

Clearly the problem was a referee could not read and adhere to the rulebook. That is where the problem arose.

So this is the gist; agree a rule change at the AGM no Tac Ride in League Cup. Someone prints rule books including the Tac Ride and instead of going with the decision at AGM we go with whats printed errorneously in the rule book. Yeap rearrange this organise up brewery a pi** in couĺdnt

I hope I am wrong.

No the rule book is crystal clear that there are no TR rides in the League Cup, so no that's not wheat has happened.

Why not just scrap the the stupid double point rule and go back to being 6 points behind and putting anybody in.It worked for years and gave the team manager the chance to plot changes and use his tactical nounce.Today all he has to do is pick an easy race for one of his better riders to go out and beat lesser riders.Its a joke rule and wants scrapping.

• Like 2

As I've stated elsewhere, you can't rely solely on the rule book. You have to also consider the supplementary regulations, one of which no doubt states that TRs are allowed in PLC group matches.

I well remember in my announcing days a referee pulling out the rule book then showing me the sheaf of supplementary regulations that were filling the rest of his briefcase.

Why not just scrap the the stupid double point rule and go back to being 6 points behind and putting anybody in.It worked for years and gave the team manager the chance to plot changes and use his tactical nounce.Today all he has to do is pick an easy race for one of his better riders to go out and beat lesser riders.Its a joke rule and wants scrapping.

Because it was getting too expensive to give certain star riders extra rides. Alarm bells should have rung at that point. The Polish and Swedish leagues still use the old TS rule - only we have this farcical compromise.

Will Somerset vs Rye House be rerun then? As Rye House have lost out if not.

As I've stated elsewhere, you can't rely solely on the rule book. You have to also consider the supplementary regulations, one of which no doubt states that TRs are allowed in PLC group matches.

I well remember in my announcing days a referee pulling out the rule book then showing me the sheaf of supplementary regulations that were filling the rest of his briefcase.

Because it was getting too expensive to give certain star riders extra rides. Alarm bells should have rung at that point. The Polish and Swedish leagues still use the old TS rule - only we have this farcical compromise.

Irrespective of supplementary rules, IMO the less there is the better, to say you cant solely rely on the rule book probably sums why speedway is in the mess it is. Surely the rule book should be enforced at every meeting at every track in the Country.

• Like 1

Surely not confusion regarding rule book!!!! Never!

Nothing confusing about the rule book, it's what's not in the rule book....

Nothing confusing about the rule book, it's what's not in the rule book....

Plus Referees interpretation of what's not in it.!!

Will Somerset vs Rye House be rerun then? As Rye House have lost out if not.

Technically no rules were broken, so I see no reason as to why it should.

It's bloody stupid having double points in one competition and not in the next though! It either has to be all or nothing!

Edited by Najjer

If I am not mistaken, wasn't the TR (Joker) (Mickey Mouse) rule one of the pet hates of fans which came up in a questionnaire in the Star last year.

But you wouldn't expect the Promoters to take any notice of the paying public. They never have done and never will

• Like 1