British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Shale Searcher

Craig Cook Signs For Peterboro' In Prem League (double Downer)

maybe next year CC might qualify as a FTR .... :rofl:

surely he's not old enough yet ......

• Like 2

surely he's not old enough yet ......

Perhaps Kennett,Lawson and Bridger will be on the draft list next year..... :rofl:

Perhaps Kennett,Lawson and Bridger will be on the draft list next year..... :rofl:

aye gordon and steve :)

Trees, I thought you are enough experience member of this forum to know that things in Poland are not the same as in the UK.

Polish League's teams don't have reserves. Their teams are Not restricted by accumulated CMA. They usually have a pool (squad) of riders from which they pick and chose.

So Zmarzlik, Drabik, Przedpelski, etc. will occupay nos. 6 and 7 as lomg as they are U-21.

I, of course, know the Polish rule for under 21 riders. You do have two young riders at 6 and 7 though however good they are and generally they are the weakest riders in the team because of their age. They also race one another in heat 2 as the number 6 and 7 do here. I am just surprised that particularly good under 21 riders are kept at 6 and 7, gives those teams unfair advantage?

Trying to keep our teams of equal strength causes British Speedway lots of headaches but at least all teams "should" have an equal chance of winning the league each year which is preferable to me than the Polish model ....

Can see why MC has not allowed this...

Enough clashes already scheduled with no doubt more to come...

Peterborough "happy to run with guests"....

I bet they are...

Probably the No1 rider jn the league so they can have the pick of the League to replace him on a 'horses for courses' basis when he isnt available...

Fair play to Rob Godfrey too for explaining the reasons for the decision...

Can see why MC has not allowed this...

Enough clashes already scheduled with no doubt more to come...

Peterborough "happy to run with guests"....

I bet they are...

Probably the No1 rider jn the league so they can have the pick of the League to replace him on a 'horses for courses' basis when he isnt available...

Just to pick up on a bit of Rob Godfrey's statement:

"You simply cannot sign a rider when he already rides for a club on your racenight. King's Lynn switched from a Wednesday to a Thursday and as a consequence they had to lose Lewis Kerr from their team as he was already signed to a Thursday night track."

This decision was made by the club and the rider jointly. This had absolutely nothing to do with BSPA directive that you can't have a home track on the same night. This came about because Lewis would have to priorities King's Lynn over Ipswich and would damage his earning potential.

So Rob, don't add things to statements that you have factually wrong just to back your argument.

As already stated, Dan Bewley rides for Belle Vue Colts & Edinburgh Monarchs. He missed the Scottish derby tonight to ride at the National Stadium.

Double standards

• Like 1

You forgot the word eventually at the end of that sentence

• Like 1

You forgot the word eventually at the end of that sentence

To be fair, it was quicker than usual...

('Usual' being never)...

Good to see someone from the MC actually made a public comment explaining a ruling!

As always though, given no independent body you will always have 'vested interest' accusations thrown about...

As it appears Promoter's wont accomodate a notion of 'someone else' running 'their' sport, then none should really complain when an MC decision doesnt go their way..

Made your bed so lie in it.....

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

BSPA MC are bang on the money with stopping the move IMO.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

But that is not the reason the change has been rejected and i fully expect Cook to ride in a PL team this season just not Peterborough

Came onto this threading thinking just how stupid it is for Cook to be riding in the PL, considering he is an EL heat leader. In no way should he be dropping down.

Now reading a few pages in, common sense has been used by the MC to block the move. It has upset the Peterborough promotion but tough. An EL heat leader should be nowhere near a PL team berth. Easy pickings and to make easy money. That's all this was.

Cook hasnt yet been picked to ride for his Polish club. They would never give him a berth if they see is after easy money.

BSPA MC are bang on the money with stopping the move IMO.

Absolutely agree. No place for Cook in the PL. can't see why some are moaning at the MC who have made the right call IMO.

It has nowt to do with Craig being an EL heat leader, it's purely because P/Bourgh and Belle Vue are both Friday night tracks. Craig will miss 3 home fixtures for P/Bourgh but rules are rules.

Perhaps S Stead could sign for P/Bourgh and Cookie sign for Sheffield. Simples :wink:

But that is not the reason the change has been rejected and i fully expect Cook to ride in a PL team this season just not Peterborough

It might not be the reason, but it should be.

Again, the race formula is throwing out averages that make heatleaders able to drop down. That, to me, should not be allowed.

You could never have had, say, Chris Morton dropping down to the second division.

Also, of course, we have the likes of Charles Wright and Adam Ellis on 'heatleader' averages, yet there is a clear distinction between them and Craig Cook.

The PL is a lower league for a reason. It's crazy to start allowing top line riders in just because the averages are messed up.

Anyway, no doubt Cook will soon drop down and then maybe the floodgates will open just as they did with overseas riders when Jens Rasmussen signed for Rye House.

And a lot of PL sides can't compete with that which is why they are in the PL.

If teams can afford international quality riders they should be riding in the top division. That's my opinion anyway.

• Like 1

It has nowt to do with Craig being an EL heat leader, it's purely because P/Bourgh and Belle Vue are both Friday night tracks. Craig will miss 3 home fixtures for P/Bourgh but rules are rules.

Perhaps S Stead could sign for P/Bourgh and Cookie sign for Sheffield. Simples :wink:

There is no rule though. It's just a directive in the rule book that say the MC can decide what ever they wish to suit their need at the time regardless of regulations.

There is no rule about D/U on the same race night.

Just to pick up on a bit of Rob Godfrey's statement:

"You simply cannot sign a rider when he already rides for a club on your racenight. King's Lynn switched from a Wednesday to a Thursday and as a consequence they had to lose Lewis Kerr from their team as he was already signed to a Thursday night track."

This decision was made by the club and the rider jointly. This had absolutely nothing to do with BSPA directive that you can't have a home track on the same night. This came about because Lewis would have to priorities King's Lynn over Ipswich and would damage his earning potential.

So Rob, don't add things to statements that you have factually wrong just to back your argument.

As already stated, Dan Bewley rides for Belle Vue Colts & Edinburgh Monarchs. He missed the Scottish derby tonight to ride at the National Stadium.

Double standards

That's an excellent point and upon checking the GSA for both teams he was in both teams starting team declaration for this year.

As some others have said it sets a precedent.

It might not be the reason, but it should be.

Again, the race formula is throwing out averages that make heatleaders able to drop down. That, to me, should not be allowed.

You could never have had, say, Chris Morton dropping down to the second division.

Also, of course, we have the likes of Charles Wright and Adam Ellis on 'heatleader' averages, yet there is a clear distinction between them and Craig Cook.

The PL is a lower league for a reason. It's crazy to start allowing top line riders in just because the averages are messed up.

Anyway, no doubt Cook will soon drop down and then maybe the floodgates will open just as they did with overseas riders when Jens Rasmussen signed for Rye House.

And a lot of PL sides can't compete with that which is why they are in the PL.

If teams can afford international quality riders they should be riding in the top division. That's my opinion anyway.

Yes but apart from this season Cook has always ridden in the PL. it was only his ambition that forced him to look to Poland and therefore drop PL from his schedule - I'm sure Edinburgh fans were gutted! However, it hasn't worked out in Poland so I cannot see anything wrong with him rejoining the PL. Good luck to him I say.

• Like 3

Yes but apart from this season Cook has always ridden in the PL. it was only his ambition that forced him to look to Poland and therefore drop PL from his schedule - I'm sure Edinburgh fans were gutted! However, it hasn't worked out in Poland so I cannot see anything wrong with him rejoining the PL. Good luck to him I say.

And, if he'd of remained in the PL rather than try and break Poland there's no doubt Cook would have lined up for Edinburgh and Belle Vue