British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
racers and royals

Danish Gp Horsens 11th June 2016

Good GP in Denmark tonight,some hard riding,

Just one gripe, why when the racing is so good , does no one in the stadium look excited, unless its one of the home riders winning or its Pedersen passing a helpless Greg Hancock

Find the Danes totally partisan.Only really interested in their own riders

Even the report today calls the meeting a "fiasco" for Denmark.Mostly concentrating on how poor the Danish riders were and how slow Nickis bikes seemed

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/motorsport/speedway/dansk-speedway-krig-og-roed-hvid-fiasko-i-horsens/6133594

Find the Danes totally partisan.Only really interested in their own riders

Even the report today calls the meeting a "fiasco" for Denmark.Mostly concentrating on how poor the Danish riders were and how slow Nickis bikes seemed

http://ekstrabladet.dk/sport/anden_sport/motorsport/speedway/dansk-speedway-krig-og-roed-hvid-fiasko-i-horsens/6133594

WHY is that surprising? The beginning of the end of substantial national newspaper coverage of speedway in Britain came about because of the dominance of Denmark through the 1980s.

I can still remember calling back to the Daily Express (the paper I worked for) after yet another Denmark win and asking how much copy they wanted to be greeted by: "Not the bloody Danes again. Four pars will do." The writing was on the wall.

Of course Ekstrabladet will concentrate on the performance of the Danish riders.

• Like 2

WHY is that surprising? The beginning of the end of substantial national newspaper coverage of speedway in Britain came about because of the dominance of Denmark through the 1980s.

I can still remember calling back to the Daily Express (the paper I worked for) after yet another Denmark win and asking how much copy they wanted to be greeted by: "Not the bloody Danes again. Four pars will do." The writing was on the wall.

Of course Ekstrabladet will concentrate on the performance of the Danish riders.

OF course Philip.I am just trying to show the difference between countries that are very partisan and the British scene where many fans will support foreign riders and are fair in their support for a good race.Being in the crowd at Vojens or Parken you see the people are just interested in their guys bashing the rest of the world :P

British speedway wont gain from it as he doesnt ride here. May as well be any jonny foreigner it will have the same effect. Ziltch.

Yes i can see the newspaper reports and sky sport news writing all about Janowski or Holder winning the World title.

Or just maybe if a British rider wins it for the third time thus making him a legend of our sport, there might actually be some big write ups in all the national papers, and there might actually be quite a big focus on it on sky sports???

No i see what you mean.....lets hope Janowski wins it so nobody reports on it!

Got to laugh you have one person liking your post and thats Robert72 the forums biggest idiot, must make you happy when he likes what you write

• Like 1

Another superb gp, it just gets better!

Someone mentioned earlier that temporary tracks seem to have got better. Havnt they now decided to use 2 weeks to prepare the track - ever since Warsaw 2015 I think.

Danish GP last night was really good. Lindback and Zagar started off really well but tailed off, especially Zagar 2 wins, 2 lasts, what was that about?

Freddie not up to scratch last night either after two really good gp's - shame, Jason Doyle not really on it either. Shame.

Prague next. Not too sure about this one. It seems if its one of Tais really good tracks, but is the track really good..... not convinced yet. Lets hope some good racing their as well.

Another superb gp, it just gets better!

Been brilliant so far. Downside is Prague next. A dreadful track that is usually a gaters paradise and bald as Kojak.

Fantastic to see Holder getting back to where he was before his injury at Coventry. He had the word at his feet then and now its time to get back there. He could have won last night but he is a fair racer who always leaves room for his opponent, even if it means losing out on a gp win. Other riders might not have been so allowing.

Tai obviously goes to Prague full of confidence now he is back on top.Not a track Holder has a great record at,so Tai must be thinking he can pull out a bit of a lead from the rest.Janowski looks for me to be the possible main threat,although Hancock was surprisingly fast and going past people yesterday.The old boy keeps on surprising me

Yes of course but what I mean is he beats those same riders he's against in the GP in the EL, e.g, Doyle, Holder, Magic, Kildemand, NKI, AJ, Lindgren.

However in the GP he doesn't always mix it with them.

Those guys won't have the same standard of equipment as they do in the GP's and or Poland.

Poland is a good indicator of where riders are, those guys are in the Polish top league while Harris has been binned off by a Polish 2nd division side

Been brilliant so far. Downside is Prague next. A dreadful track that is usually a gaters paradise and bald as Kojak.

Fantastic to see Holder getting back to where he was before his injury at Coventry. He had the word at his feet then and now its time to get back there. He could have won last night but he is a fair racer who always leaves room for his opponent, even if it means losing out on a gp win. Other riders might not have been so allowing.

Especially good for Chris Holder - able to keep his focus despite his young son Max being taken off in the ambulance. He apparently suffered some sort of allergic reaction (probably got too close to Pedersen :D:wink: ) but is expected to be released from hospital today!! :t:

• Like 1

A decent Gp with some good racing, pleased Holder is getting back to be where he belongs .Pawlicki/Zagar having strange meetings but i was very impressed with Thomsen a really neat and tidy rider mixed it well Harris also looked quicker later on.

Well done to Hancock. Not my Fav rider but he is adding to a superb 2016 series. The racing is top class, no one is safe in any race and we have the prospect of having half a dozen riders being able to win the title with a couple of GP's left.

With the odd exception we have the top 15 riders in the world competing and it makes for great racing in nearly every heat. Wild cards for 2017 could be a tricky process as some big names will finish out the 2016 top 8. The selection system may dilute the quality for 2017 ?.

thats Robert72 the forums biggest idiot,

Has anyone told Starry he's been deposed?

• Like 1