British Speedway Forum

And Sandhu selling the land has nothing to do with the current predicament. :rolleyes:

Just got up Steve ? :o:D

And Sandhu selling the land has nothing to do with the current predicament. :rolleyes:

Not really, the issue was selling to Sandhu in the first place.

Believing that he was going to build a brand new stadium was foolish.

He'd always admitted he purchased the land for housing.

When that didn't come to fruition he just sold it to an invisible business to try and build houses so it's much of a muchness really.

Brandon Estates honoured the lease for Stox & Speedway to continue for an extra 3 seasons so they haven't really done an awful lot wrong themselves.

There does need to be some serious investigative work done though to find if there is a connection between Sandhu & Brandon Estates as that would change everything.

• Like 1

WELL -- my Dad is bigger than your Dad! Please can whoever is the biggest Dad pass it on to us menials --A.K A. the fans!!!!!! :mad:

There does need to be some serious investigative work done though to find if there is a connection between Sandhu & Brandon Estates...

You can be sure that Speedway Star will be on the case with all due vigour...possibly.

As I and others have said before the root of all this stems from the winter of discontent when Sandhu and Frost realised that in Speedway the BSPA mafia reign supreme.

Reign perhaps but given the state of the sport I'd say supreme is pushing it.

When that didn't come to fruition he just sold it to an invisible business to try and build houses so it's much of a muchness really.

Brandon Estates honoured the lease for Stox & Speedway to continue for an extra 3 seasons so they haven't really done an awful lot wrong themselves.

There does need to be some serious investigative work done though to find if there is a connection between Sandhu & Brandon Estates as that would change everything.

There was a 10 year lease signed in 2013 I wonder what happened to that.

• Like 1

every body is guessing you and every other poster on here do not know any thing for certain you all think you know this and that but nobody only the ones conserned in the negotiations know the answers and I doubt they will ever come out

No one knows for certain but doesn't mean people can't base opinions what we do know and what the individuals have or have not done during this debacle.

If that's the case, what did happen to it?

Sandhu must've agreed a new lease once the stadium was sold although I don't remember a press release about it. I only remember the 10 year lease because it was on my timehop app. Edited by woz01

And why would that be do you think? Perhaps because Sandhu and/or his family are Brandon Estates. Mick Horton is offered the lease....supposedly......Sandhu causes as much mayhem as he can making it impossible to accept. Job done. What's really also diabolical in all this is the complete silence from the Coventry promoters leaving loyal fans not knowing what's going on. Worse decision ever to treat us like this whether things are 'delicate' or not. Totally peed off.

My understanding is there is a lot of circumstantial evidence to suggest that's true.

I'll await the outcome of the police investigation. I think its pretty clear whose men went into Brandon and trashed the place. If Sandhu gets done for that (as you would think he would), we'll know he has no connection or influence over Brandon Estates.

If he doesn't, you would have to ask yourself just why that was the case.

There is no doubt whatsoever that Horton is to blame here. Sandhu may regret his actions (and they may have been hasty), but Horton is firmly the reason why the Bees are in their current predicament.

I really don't get that one.

If Brandon hadn't been trashed this issue wouldn't have arisen.

It wasn't Horton who sent people in to do that.

....Halifaxtiger........I'll await the outcome of the police investigation. I think its pretty clear whose men went into Brandon and trashed the place. If Sandhu gets done for that (as you would think he would), we'll know he has no connection or influence over Brandon Estates.

Yes, I wonder how far the police investigation has got. It's a pity the local newspaper can't delve into that instead of printing inaccurate stories.

Edited by Gemini
  • Like 1

So now you are saying that Horton is NOT the root cause or the problem. Sandhu sells the land for hopefully housing, and promises to build a new stadium as a promise. Now not keeping or acknowledging his promise, he can't wait for Horton to return from the USA to sign the new lease, and decimates the stadium to wreck the agreements that are in place before Horton went to the USA. Horton returns, and Sandhu expects Horton to still sign the lease, whilst Sandhu promises to reinstate the facilities at his expense.

Pleased that you now seem to agree that SANDHU is actually the perpetrator of all the bother, and HORTON's position is now very understandable. BTW I don't like Horton.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 3

If the BSPA had actually bought the stadium instead of Sandhu then none of this would have happened, and they would have had something approaching a National Speedway Stadium years before they actually did!

• Like 3

Only 200 bees fans out of 1000 said they would go to Leicester to support there team if they couldn't use Brandon, thats 1 in 5 which is very poor

If the vast majority of those 1000 correspondents turned up at Brandon each race night then the Bees might not be in the pickle they find themselves.

• Like 1

So Sandhu by any argument is the only one to blame then.

He was the one spreading the bull that he would help find a new piece of land for the Bees.

Sandhu brought and sold the land. Nothing to do with anyone else.

Horton is no Saint either but this predicament isn't his cause.

• Like 3

saw the rumours about Sandhu having something to do with Brandon Estates a long time ago, may turn out to be a family member, but with the business conveniently registered in the Chanel Islands so no visibility on the company, it just points to something that's been in planning for some time, a way to manipulate what happens and still look like they are smelling of roses.

Horton is no saint, that's for sure, but I think in this case things are not of his doing and would have progressed normally for the start of season.