British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

No doubt, we all like to think that Lambert would put preference to this club when compared to the others he ride for, and any decision he made about racing would be directed this way. When injuries require time off to recuperate we want him to forego his other commitments and rest ready for our next match. After all, the other clubs are not as important as ours.

Probably it is us with our head in the sand and Robert see all the clubs as equal and rides the meetings that suits him.... :t:

Riders have always missed meeting for a variety of reasons. Food Poisoning seems to be the in vogue one. I seem to recall the Great Ivan Mauger went a whole season without riding an away match, cant think which club it is was for now. He struck a deal that he would only to do home meetings, and the BSPA allowed it.. Now if you want to point the figure about riders missing meetings for whatever reason, and being allowed to get away it then look no further to who's door to lay the blame. The tail has wagged the dog for many years, and its getting worse.

Mauger Exeter did home meetings only in 1984.
  • Like 1

Mauger Exeter did home meetings only in 1984.

Shhhh! Don't tell the BSPA or they will try to entice GP riders that way and cut a deal with Poland for it to happen as another "great sport saving idea". It would put thousands on the gate at PL clubs! A la Gerhard engines which by mid season seems to have been forgotten as "the way forward".

No doubt, we all like to think that Lambert would put preference to this club when compared to the others he ride for, and any decision he made about racing would be directed this way. When injuries require time off to recuperate we want him to forego his other commitments and rest ready for our next match. After all, the other clubs are not as important as ours.

Probably it is us with our head in the sand and Robert see all the clubs as equal and rides the meetings that suits him.... :t:

I wish it were that Robert would do that and put the Stars first but sadly the way of the world is that KL pays the same as most other clubs would for his services and it is not far from home. Plus he knows the track well enough to be able to do the business more often than not from the back.

We should be grateful Robert chooses to ride for Lynn, no doubt he could make more £££ elsewhere.

His entertaining riding is one of the few reasons many people like myself still go along on a Wednesday night.

Give the kid a break blimey!

No pun intended.

• Like 3

I'm not Robert's biggest fan and I don't think he'll be one of the world's greats some big him up to be.

I've said it many times, he's just a carbon copy of Chris Harris.

One thing that can't be questioned though is his willingness, commitment and desire to race for King's Lynn.

There's so many possible reasons why he didn't ride Monday but 'can't be bothered' isn't one of them.

Edited by Danny Smith

He will ride where its most lucrative for him, this after all is his living

He will ride where its most lucrative for him, this after all is his living

I think he will, but up to now but being loyal to Lynn.With all his merchandise he sells on FB he is looking to get money in,no doubt.

Think he may be on his way next season.

I think he will, but up to now but being loyal to Lynn.With all his merchandise he sells on FB he is looking to get money in,no doubt.

Think he may be on his way next season.

Would put money on it, you will not see him at Lynn next year

• Like 1

I'm sure we hear this every year, wouldn't be surprised if he moves on one day or drops Britain but speculation always seems to be incorrect.

• Like 1

Who knows where any rider will be next season. Its a numbers game after all. However most of the numbers have £/€ sign in front of them.

so yet another team (rye) strengthens up and still Lynn sit on their hands

would be somewhat annoying though if kennett was signed .... :nono::o

Well i've just seen the real Chris Holder tonight.I expect him to turn up for all the remaining Lynn matches now.

• Like 1

Well i've just seen the real Chris Holder tonight.I expect him to turn up for all the remaining Lynn matches now.

Yes he seems to have turned the corner(pun intended)