British Speedway Forum
Daniel Smith

King's Lynn Stars 2017

Nothing to do with bitter and being vindictive - it was a pure foolish move by Mart Ford allowing Kasprzak to go to one of your rivals.

I don`t think for a minute Ford expected anybody to take Kasprzak on, but am sure Ford and all the Poole followers were gutted when they heard he had gone to Rye.

What is the individual averages of the team now are we weaker or about the same as before ?

Team is weaker but more commited to ride.

What is the individual averages of the team now are we weaker or about the same as before ?

I think there 39 and a little bit.So weaker.

Robert Lambert 7.52

Thomas Jorgensen 6.08

Michael Palm-Toft 6.33

Kai Huckenbeck 6.09

Thomas H Jonasson 5.69

Josh Auty 4.90

Simon Lambert 3.00

Edited by Bald Bloke
  • Like 1

I've had an explanation and it does stack up

Buster had approval from Ford to speak to Gomolski & Jonasson and also Palm-Toft

In return Batchelor & Holder WERE going to Poole but approval had to be confirmed.

King's Lynn team could have been

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

Ave: 41.91

This team was rejected as there wasn't 2 Brits in the team at all times.

The intention was to run a 3rd reserve (Simon Lambert) for when a rider was missing but this isn't covered within the rules.

Buster was in a last minute scramble to find a Brit replacement for 1 of the new 3 riders.

Auty was then submitted in place of Gomolski very late on the Friday.

Due to how late the new team was submitted the BSPA only gave the approval on the Saturday.

Ford couldn't seek approval to have Holder & Batchelor included because they weren't released by King's Lynn.

King's Lynn couldn't release riders until approval was issued (you seen what happened at Ipswich).

• Like 1

I don`t think for a minute Ford expected anybody to take Kasprzak on, but am sure Ford and all the Poole followers were gutted when they heard he had gone to Rye.

Sacking him was a bad decision, stuck with him until his average dropped and then sack when he could have kept him as a second string with easier races to get his confidence back.

Buster had approval from Ford to speak to Gomolski & Jonasson and also Palm-Toft

In return Batchelor & Holder WERE going to Poole but approval had to be confirmed.

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

The intention was to run a 3rd reserve (Simon Lambert) for when a rider was missing but this isn't covered within the rules.

Buster was in a last minute scramble to find a Brit replacement for 1 of the new 3 riders.

Due to how late the new team was submitted the BSPA only gave the approval on the Saturday.

Ford couldn't seek approval to have Holder & Batchelor included because they weren't released by King's Lynn.

King's Lynn couldn't release riders until approval was issued (you seen what happened at Ipswich).

It could stack up apart from one thing- Matt Ford. All ready to sign the 2 riders released and then told sorry due to circumstances you have missed out. And he said what " Ok what a shame" I don`t think so !!!!!!!

Edited by racers and royals
  • Like 2

It could stack up apart from one thing- Matt Ford. All ready to sign the 2 riders released and then told sorry due to circumstances you have missed out. And he said what " Ok what a shame" I don`t think so !!!!!!!

Plus how could Poole sign Holder given the rules that prevent a club signing a last season rider (or something along those lines).

That apart the explanation of the rest seems credible.

• Like 2

No it is the decent thing to do! If all promoters stopped riders from earning a living there would be no British speedway.

And if riders were allowed to to conduct themselves in the manner that these two guys did without repercussion, you would have the same end result.

• Like 3

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

Not far out with those proposed changes i think.

No it is the decent thing to do! If all promoters stopped riders from earning a living there would be no British speedway.

There is always riders stopped from earning a living in British speedway.Look at the number of riders dropped from teams this season.Just because they have a week,a month or maybe more to get another team it doesn't mean they are going to get employed again.

Say Lynn let Holder and Batchelor go with a day spare.Poole then sign them,where would this leave someone like Kennett and Andersen.It's got to end somewhere and this season it was at Lynn.

They have not been stopped from earning a living,i take they are still earning decent money in Sweden and Poland,unless they have been dropped there too.

Maybe The BSPA should come up with a rule that the team you start with at the beginning of the season should be what you end with also.This would stop all arguments concerning these sort of situations.Barring long terms injuries of course,of which then you could have a replacement.But hiring and firing riders at will is a common thing now in speedway.Being a Poole fan you should know this anyway :P

• Like 2

Not far out with those proposed changes i think.

There is always riders stopped from earning a living in British speedway.Look at the number of riders dropped from teams this season.Just because they have a week,a month or maybe more to get another team it doesn't mean they are going to get employed again.

Say Lynn let Holder and Batchelor go with a day spare.Poole then sign them,where would this leave someone like Kennett and Andersen.It's got to end somewhere and this season it was at Lynn.

They have not been stopped from earning a living,i take they are still earning decent money in Sweden and Poland,unless they have been dropped there too.

Maybe The BSPA should come up with a rule that the team you start with at the beginning of the season should be what you end with also.This would stop all arguments concerning these sort of situations.Barring long terms injuries of course,of which then you could have a replacement.But hiring and firing riders at will is a common thing now in speedway.Being a Poole fan you should know this anyway :P

But at least other riders were given a chance of getting a team place, Holder and Batch had zero chance. I'm not bothered about them being sacked but they should be allowed a shot at another team place (I know it sounds like I'm saying this cos it's likely they would have come to Poole but I would say the same if they were off to Leicester!) that's the bit that I don't like.

1. Lambert 7.52

2. Huckenbeck 6.09

3. Palm-Toft 6.33

4. Jorgensen 6.08

5. Jonasson 5.69

6. Gomolski 5.51

7. Porsing 4.69

So Poole were gonna sign Batch and Holder yet said riders knew nothing about it! Pretty sure they'd have to agree!

Plus - these two riders rant a lot on social media if that was going to happen they definitely would have gone on about it!

Edited by lisa-colette

This is what happens when you have a transfer deadline. Nothing new in that, except it is a month earlier.

I am sure many of you played Musical Chairs as a child.

On this occasion, there were no seats left for Holder and Batchelor when the music stopped.

• Like 2

Plus - these two riders rant a lot on social media if that was going to happen they definitely would have gone on about it!

Regarding their rants, Lewis Bridger was fined for something he said, I'm assuming as those two don't ride on British licences the SGB cannot do the same to them. Anyone know the answer?

This is what happens when you have a transfer deadline. Nothing new in that, except it is a month earlier.

I am sure many of you played Musical Chairs as a child.

On this occasion, there were no seats left for Holder and Batchelor when the music stopped.

This is pretty much what i was going to put in reply to lisa-colette.There's a transfer deadline so you can up to that point.You can't put a transfer deadline at July 31st but the changes must be notified a week earlier because you would still have the same scenario,just a week early.

Yet we let KK go to Rye House which could put us out of play offs! But hey I guess we are not that bitter and vindictive.

I thought the two things (KK going and subsequently finding a place elsewhere) were totally independent of each other.

But at least other riders were given a chance of getting a team place, Holder and Batch had zero chance. I'm not bothered about them being sacked but they should be allowed a shot at another team place (I know it sounds like I'm saying this cos it's likely they would have come to Poole but I would say the same if they were off to Leicester!) that's the bit that I don't like.

So Poole were gonna sign Batch and Holder yet said riders knew nothing about it! Pretty sure they'd have to agree!

Some cynical people might even suggest that the fiasco in the KL v Poole fixture was a premeditated and deliberate act designed solely to bring about the move mentioned above. Personally, I couldn't even consider such a thought! :wink::rofl:

• Like 2