British Speedway Forum

I remember dear old Frank Bruno in his pomp...

Came through as the next big thing for British Heavyweight Boxing...

Got fed carefully picked 'journeymen bums' so he could dispatch them within seconds to build his reputation....

Every fight on BBC generated the required hype and publicity. .,

First time he fought anyone with an ounce of ability he got handed his arse...

Our lads are in a similar comfort zone over here which they need to find a way of breaking out of..

Beating NL riders in both leagues when they double up is no preperation for International Speedway for Team GB riders.

How they get that exposure to racing against the best regularly though is the big question...

Especially when, dont forget, this is a Sport ran by people in this Country who replace young British riders in teams because they have upped their average and improved....!!

Bit unfair on old Frank - was the first I remember to knock Tyson on his backside and could easily have won that, so think he did deserve the chances he got.

I thought the final had a few good races but many didn't. As expected Poland were dominant by the end although Lindback did really well to keep Sweden in it. GB did as expected really. Riding on that track gives a great advantage, just as riding at Lakeside may not favour the Poles. Horses for courses but it doesn't make the GB boys bad riders, just had a worse set up - which really shows on a big track and not enough experience to adapt quickly enough.

I expect Poland to continue to dominate events in their own country and they have a good crop of young riders - but if Doyle does the business in the Grand Prix this year they will still have only produced two world champions which says something about their ability on tracks outside of PL. The best team won, I'm not disappointed with the Brits as they did their best, Steve Worrall the best of them, roll on next year.

Edited by SPEEDY69

Cook tries not to show it but is a bag of nerves on a big occasion. Needs some sports psychologist.

I should think that it finally sunk any hopes he has of riding in Poland in the future. They expect much more zip for their money.

Neil Middleditch said this years ago. whoever took over won't do any better. And he's been proved right. We do not have the riders in this country.

if he did say that he was wrong as we done much better .
  • Like 2

While NIGEL was a great rider but he also liked hospital food ask Eric ?? get a life speedi think before you speak maybe if you feel that strongly tell Doyle to his face ????? Nah you wont because you ent got the BALLS whether you like Doyle or not he deseves a bit of respect and if he is the 2017 world Champion i will mug you off with every opportunity .

Not long to wait , TBH , I been getting a bit bored with BSF lately , so a nice little holiday will come in handy , if you get your wish and it becomes world chump , on your first post extolling his virtues I shall more than earn my holiday , :lol:

Edited by speedibee

Nobody will be more disappointed with his performance than Cookie, just imagine his frustration .....

Imagine hes used to it the amount of times he fails against top class opposition

Nobody will be more disappointed with his performance than Cookie, just imagine his frustration .....

Yeah, brand new contract with Polonia Bydgoszcz and then he fails to impress his new bosses like that.

He was given a chance by Stal Gorzow a couple of years ago, and failed to perform, and gave-out a really negative attitude, and now he's failed again on Polish shale. The Polonia bosses must be wondering what they have let themselves in for. I bet Captain Cook'll be wondering if he'll ever get a booking from them. Mind you, Polonia Bydgoszcz are desperate.

Yeah, brand new contract with Polonia Bydgoszcz and then he fails to impress his new bosses like that.

He was given a chance by Stal Gorzow a couple of years ago, and failed to perform, and gave-out a really negative attitude, and now he's failed again on Polish shale. The Polonia bosses must be wondering what they have let themselves in for. I bet Captain Cook'll be wondering if he'll ever get a booking from them. Mind you, Polonia Bydgoszcz are desperate.

was he not making his debut for them today?

Originally reported that he was though not named in side- riding for Workington next Sunday which might not have gone down too well

Not in the Bydgoszcz team today.

• Like 1

Originally reported that he was though not named in side- riding for Workington next Sunday which might not have gone down too well

Either that or he might not have been able to afford the petrol to get there, a bit like when he pulled out of riding for GB in a test match against Australia, saying that he couldn't afford to make the trip to Ipswich...

Bit unfair on old Frank - was the first I remember to knock Tyson on his backside and could easily have won that, so think he did deserve the chances he got.

I thought the final had a few good races but many didn't. As expected Poland were dominant by the end although Lindback did really well to keep Sweden in it. GB did as expected really. Riding on that track gives a great advantage, just as riding at Lakeside may not favour the Poles. Horses for courses but it doesn't make the GB boys bad riders, just had a worse set up - which really shows on a big track and not enough experience to adapt quickly enough.

I expect Poland to continue to dominate events in their own country and they have a good crop of young riders - but if Doyle does the business in the Grand Prix this year they will still have only produced two world champions which says something about their ability on tracks outside of PL. The best team won, I'm not disappointed with the Brits as they did their best, Steve Worrall the best of them, roll on next year.

He rocked Tyson in 89 but never put him on his backside.

Imagine hes used to it the amount of times he fails against top class opposition

He ent done to bad in the Gp qualifiers this year.?..

He rocked Tyson in 89 but never put him on his backside.He ent done to bad in the Gp qualifiers this year.?..

GP Challenge is the biggy though!!

Bydgoszcz newspaper is claiming that Cook is trying to get out of the Bydgoszcz deal to sign for Rybnik as a replacement for Laguta. http://www.expressbydgoski.pl/sport/a/polonia-bydgoszcz-bez-cooka-w-rzeszowie,12252351/

Cook tries not to show it but is a bag of nerves on a big occasion. Needs some sports psychologist.

Dear me, what did we do before sports psychologists.. :rofl:

Edited by Starman2006

Poland, Poland, Poland, so easy to support something going good, why don't ya move out there, you won't have to miss a meeting then!!