British Speedway Forum

Inevitably in landlord / tenant disputes the tenant who refuses to pay their rent as due will be kicked out after a legal process ( sometimes lengthy sometimes not ) butt he end result is always the same. The tenant is kicked out. In this case the tenants own association stepped in promptly in order that the sport didn't lose the use of the stadium. Ergo Gordon and Morton failed in their obligations as tenants. I don't believe that G&M had absolutely no say in the design and building of the track - how else would Bob the Builder know what to do? They might haver watched videos of Kirky Lane and then what would you have ended up with as a supposed NSS?

They did design the shape of the track but had no say in the construction that was between the council, the builders and apparently their sub contractors.

Are Speedway Star any closer to issuing their Manchester City Council Press Release that doubles up as the "in depth account" of the shenanigans at the NSS over the last 12 months?

Why would other clubs sell tickets? If you want a ticket before the event go to the bv website. It was never going to be a sellout so why print tickets in the first place? Just turn up and pay on the night.

You miss the point. Tsunami is telling us that some promoters refused to sell them apparently, because of what they knew, whatever that was. That implies that they were requested to do so, you can't refuse if you haven't been asked. We know that anybody could have bought them online from Belle Vue but I suspect that some fans would prefer not to do that and instead be able to buy them at their local track rather than on the night, particularly so if they wanted particular seats.

Edited by Aces51

I assume from the sudden appearance of the Dorset propaganda machine that Lord Ford was one of them :D

• Like 1

Not Poole. Final tickets were available - especially after buying all those bricks!!

Gordon and Morton always spoke well of Matt Ford, not sure why. :lol:

Maybe that was their downfall. :lol:

Edited by Aces51

Why would other clubs sell tickets? If you want a ticket before the event go to the bv website. It was never going to be a sellout so why print tickets in the first place? Just turn up and pay on the night.

Exactly. Some people on here are going into overdrive at a potential dig at the BSPA, individual promotions, etc. BSF at it's usual best. :D Nobody has to sell tickets for others events, hence the reason all the advertising and info gathering, was being concentrated on the organisation awarded to run the event. In the past, promotions have taken tickets to sell for big events like Telford, and get a set ratio of free tickets depending on how many they sold. Perhaps this time there was no incentive, I don't know, given that the main direction for tickets was BV who could sell them direct online. I am aware of some concerns, and other promotions might have elected to keep out of it, given what had gone on before it. That is for others to consider.

Are Speedway Star any closer to issuing their Manchester City Council Press Release that doubles up as the "in depth account" of the shenanigans at the NSS over the last 12 months?

Try reading post #1514 and be informed.

• Like 1

Exactly. Some people on here are going into overdrive at a potential dig at the BSPA, individual promotions, etc. BSF at it's usual best. :D Nobody has to sell tickets for others events, hence the reason all the advertising and info gathering, was being concentrated on the organisation awarded to run the event. In the past, promotions have taken tickets to sell for big events like Telford, and get a set ratio of free tickets depending on how many they sold. Perhaps this time there was no incentive, I don't know, given that the main direction for tickets was BV who could sell them direct online. I am aware of some concerns, and other promotions might have elected to keep out of it, given what had gone on before it. That is for others to consider.

Try reading post #1514 and be informed.

So when you said "Remember that some promotions refused to sell tickets for the British Final because of what they knew" what you meant was " I am aware of some concerns, and other promotions might have elected to keep out of it, given what had gone on before it. That is for others to consider." Then you have the temerity to criticise those who thought you meant what your original words actually said. Edited by Aces51
  • Like 1

So when you said "Remember that some promotions refused to sell tickets for the British Final because of what they knew" what you meant was " I am aware of some concerns, and other promotions might have elected to keep out of it, given what had gone on before it. That is for others to consider." Then you have the temerity to criticise those who thought you meant what your original words actually said.

That statement is true because of the concerns they had and knew. They were not compelled to sell tickets and didn't.

Hi KevH, still on the case I see. Saaad.

Edited by Tsunami
  • Like 1

That statement is true because of the concerns they had and knew. They were not compelled to sell tickets and didn't.

So why not name them then. If the facts are true, and I have no reason to think they are not, simply name them. As you say it was not compulsory so they have done no wrong.

• Like 1

Would you sell tickets after the shambles of the opening meeting after they were told the track was not fit for racing but still went ahead. My answer to any fan of my club would be contact Belle Vue direct at your pearl

Would you sell tickets after the shambles of the opening meeting after they were told the track was not fit for racing but still went ahead. My answer to any fan of my club would be contact Belle Vue direct at your pearl

I know there has been 1533 posts on this thread before yours, but have you been following along at all?

Wrong 1534 . Sorry will ask your permission the next time i would like to make a comment

• Like 1

They do Oyster cards?

• Like 4