British Speedway Forum
jrs

Crazysue And Speedway Updates Texters And Updaters

I think everybody who follows Speedway should make a posting on here for all the great work that Sue and her team do for the enjoyment of speedway fans all over the world . Before this service sometimes you never knew the results until you read the Speedway Star. I remember sometimes trying to find the results on Teletext and looking perhaps twenty time and in the end no result ever came up. Keep up the great work.Well done

Edited by mickthemuppet
  • Like 3

I'd be lost with out my Garmin! :D

i really need specsavers , first glance i thought this said "i'd be lost without my grannie"

Edited by gee jay

Thanks to Sue n the crew for all the awesome work , It makes being down under a lil bit more bearable !

• Like 1

Thanks to sue and everybody connected with speedway updates. You always do an amazing job. Thanks 👍🏻

Edited by mdmc82
  • Like 1

as i think it was mickthemuppet pointed out above without something like this in place , for a sport of speedway`s stature in the eyes of the media , fans would be unable to get results for days let alone heat updates and rider scores.

ive updated for bears matches previously but the hard work is finding people to text and to cover over 90 odd percent has to be hats off (if i was wearing one)

• Like 1

Always welcome when joining other members of the BSF MASSIF on Foxhall's back straight stand ,

The BSF MASSIF salute you and the rest of the team Sue i don't think there are enough words to echo what everyone on here thinks about the fantastic job your site does keeping us speedway followers informed of goings on at meetings .

Glad you got your mojo back for speedway !

• Like 4

Aww shucks, thanks guys....I reached my thanking quota (who knew there was such a thing!) for the moment so will thank the posts I haven't been able to when they allow me more.

March 22nd 2005 was the starting date and to be honest, my expectation was for us to be around for about 2 weeks, maybe a couple of months at most, I would never have thought we would still be here just completing our 12th season. Yes, there have been ups and downs over the years when my patience has been sorely tested but the fact we are still here is testament to the team who continue to put up with my pleading (and sometimes downright desperate) texts, my moaning at them, my weirdness plus of course, their commitment to speedway.

And it's true, I have my speedway mojo back thanks to the back straight crew in what has become the cauldron of noise and fun.

So that's where you've been. I wondered why I hadn't seen you this year!

It got just a little too lonely on the home straight and after one particularly eek night where the only person I spoke to was on the gate, I had pretty much decided I wasn't going to go again this season. A couple of days later, I got invited to try it out on the back straight where all the noise was coming from, I gave it a go and I have been over there ever since.

Bit of a trek for me and I have to rest up all day before going and all day the next day but it is very much worth the pain to get round there.

• Like 6

Last night's Glasgow v Sheffield match was one of the most gripping matches of the season - and I was 'only' experiencing it via the updates.

That should remind us all how great the service is.

• Like 4

A huge Thank you and well done to Sue and everyone on the Updates site.

I don't attend live meetings anymore either, more to do with my job as a

footie referee and just not having the time anymore.

No, us refs don't just work in the winter, its a year round job these days, so

speedway loses out,

It's fantastic to be able to keep up to date with meetings, or as I invariably do,

pop onto Updates and read the threads after the meeting has finished, due to

evening kick offs.

Keep up the good work guys and long may you continue.

• Like 3

Just like to add my thanks to Sue and her team of updaters who provide such a great service for fans who can't make it, especially for our away meetings.

Long may you continue.

• Like 1

As one of, I suspect, many people who quietly benefit from the update service for matches when they cannot attend, I would also like to add a simple thank you to those already made to Sue and her team. The service they give (FOC note) is superb and the testers who take time out of their evening watching the speedway themselves to ensure the info is quickly relayed are typical of the "speedway family" attitude that huge amounts of supporters subscribe to.

• Like 1

Without the Speedway Updates site, life as a Speedway fan would be a far poorer experience.

• Like 1