1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

So

Nilsson

Auty

Kylmakorpi

Gomolski

Who else

Gomolski`s signing seems dependant on sponsorship, must admit I`d be steering well clear of signing a rider where there is every chance he will miss meetings.

So

Nilsson

Auty

Kylmakorpi

Gomolski

Who else

I reckon Todd Kurtz may feature.

Wouldn't surprise me if Rory Schlien is in the side also

So

Nilsson

Auty

Kylmakorpi

Gomolski

Who else

Well they need a number one and two. Got the third heat leader, a reserve and second strings.

Well they need a number one and two. Got the third heat leader, a reserve and second strings.

Gone fishing again i see ;)

• Like 3

Gomolski would seem an odd signing, with Saturday night racing & him riding in Poland on Sundays. We had bad experiences with that last season with Wozniak suddenly having his permission to race in this country being removed by his Polish club, because he was needed to practice on the Saturday ( I think the reason given was).

• Like 1

I can only see eight riders with averages higher than Nilsson who are likely to be riding in the PL so I guess that makes him number one! Kylmo will probably be second heat leader, leaving Lions looking for a third heat leader and two reserves.

At this stage choices are limited so the best that Leicester can hope for is a competitive team. Will they get one? The jury is out.

I can only see eight riders with averages higher than Nilsson who are likely to be riding in the PL so I guess that makes him number one! Kylmo will probably be second heat leader, leaving Lions looking for a third heat leader and two reserves.

At this stage choices are limited so the best that Leicester can hope for is a competitive team. Will they get one? The jury is out.

Shovlar's got one hooked already :wink:

I think Josh Auty could have his best season yet...

Was hoping to see Ludwig Lindgren on the Lions teamsheet as well. Looked really good at times, and seemed to bounce well as well!

So

Nilsson

Auty

Kylmakorpi

Gomolski

Who else

Is it likely Kylmakorpi will sign? If so I'll be very pleased as I was hoping he would ride for Coventry this season but sadly not.

You may have noticed that I've been a fan of Kim Nilsson for the past few years - and said recently that with the sad demise of professional Speedway at Lakeside, he'd be an excellent signing for Leicester.

Therefore, I was delighted to see that he has joined the Leicester Lions.

Suffice to say that I can now foresee quite a few trips to Beaumont Park over the coming months.

He's a dynamic trapper and prefers an inside line - so I believe that the tight, Leicester track should suit his style.

I don't want to tempt fate but I think it will take a very good opposing rider to beat him - particularly once he gets fully dialled in to his new home.

Best of luck Kim for 2017!

• Like 3

You may have noticed that I've been a fan of Kim Nilsson for the past few years - and said recently that with the sad demise of professional Speedway at Lakeside, he'd be an excellent signing for Leicester.

Therefore, I was delighted to see that he has joined the Leicester Lions.

Suffice to say that I can now foresee quite a few trips to Beaumont Park over the coming months.

He's a dynamic trapper and prefers an inside line - so I believe that the tight, Leicester track should suit his style.

I don't want to tempt fate but I think it will take a very good opposing rider to beat him - particularly once he gets fully dialled in to his new home.

Best of luck Kim for 2017!

He did well when he rode for Eastbourne too. Good signing imo, hope he goes well for Leicester.

So

Nilsson

Auty

Kylmakorpi

Gomolski

Who else

Be pretty happy if Kylmakorpi was to ride for us, his twitter feed however suggests this may not be the case.

Would like Ludde back at Leicester too. Goes well at our track.

Didn't I read somewhere that the Polish clubs would be running more Saturday fixtures this season. If that's right then Gomolski could be forced to miss several UK fixtures with Gdansk having priority. That would be too much of a risk for the Lions in my view.

• Like 1

I would have Matej Kus would be a good shout, he would be a very useful middle order rider, did well at Berwick, Redcar and Newcastle last year

• Like 2