British Speedway Forum
1 valve

Leicester Lions 2017

It is a poor team. Poole will have them for breakfast and it will be a rout at Wimborne Road.

Go and sell your scabby armchairs why not wish them good luck ? you ent got a clue.
  • Like 1

And I echo your statement I think also like you he's he could very well be a future England manager

Think he would need to manage at a bigger club first as the pressures of the England job is something else.

I agree with that statement.

With my work and family i pick the meetings i go to at Ipswich. Last season for example i went to Somerset (twice) Newcastle , Sheffield , Glasgow and Edinburgh. Had no interest in Redcar or Berwick meetings for example.

When we thrashed everyone in 1998, it was such a boring season to watch, great that we won but sometimes by huge margins and no thrills at all

crikey we lost half of those - you must be a bad omen! 😉

Agree with part of your point though - a good close match is much better than a rout. My favourite 98 match was away at Oxford which was one of the few we lost!😲

Edited by dontforgetthefueltapsbruv

A team isnt meant to be built round one reserve though. They have a very weak top to the team and each of those riders have to take at least 3 rides each. Some of the riders also don't have much experience on these tracks

Personally think a top 3 of Nilsson, Lebedevs and Gomolski would be competing with Covs top 3 (King, K Bjerre, Garrity) and Somerset (Tungate, Houggard, Grazjconek).

• Like 1

At first I was quite underwhelmed with this team. But the more I think about it , although still bottom half, considering its left overs and avoiding riders that would cause double up clashes. And Saturday nights too. It's probably as good as it was likely to be.

It's racers on a gaters track as far as a few of the guys are concerned though

A platform to build from and probably a budget team too.

Saturday's after this season will probably be an issue though. Say Kim and andrejs are in the gp and sec after this season. It stops the continuity of your best riders if they have individual ambitions. I know that's a big if though but surely it's a put off.

Hope it's a positive season though. The die hard deserve it after the past year or so

• Like 2

It is a poor team. Poole will have them for breakfast and it will be a rout at Wimborne Road.

Bet you thought that last season at BP.But Poole did manage to get a draw there though so that was a result for them i suppose.

Personally think a top 3 of Nilsson, Lebedevs and Gomolski would be competing with Covs top 3 (King, K Bjerre, Garrity) and Somerset (Tungate, Houggard, Grazjconek).

People forget this is a diluted product is there that much difference between the two leagues.Much of a muchness apart from a few riders we shall see.
  • Like 3

Likely to be Auty who should do better than last season. Wouldn't call him a strong reserve tho as he wasn't last season.

Racing against far weaker opposition this time though he would be a very strong reserve in the current format

Sorry to say that this looks the worst team in my opinion. Hope I am proved wrong, because I want Leicester to flourish without that muppet DH.

• Like 2

Looks one of the weaker sides but should be competitive IF they can track the full 1-7 on a regular basis. A big if though I would say.

Go and sell your scabby armchairs why not wish them good luck ? you ent got a clue.

What are you on about? Scabby armchairs? I am an art dealer not furniture.

Why would I wish them luck? Now they are all sorted pleasantries are over. I hope and expect us to stuff 'em!

Edited by Steve Shovlar

What are you on about? Scabby armchairs? I am an art dealer not furniture.

Why would I wish them luck? Now they are all sorted pleasantries are over. I hope and expect us to stuff 'em!

Grow up a healthy league means the league continues over a period are you that thick.😜??.? Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

We loved Danny at Glasgow , if he gets many heat 2 wins , you'll love the celebrations . Riss is a bit hit and miss , never really progressed much last season after a decent opening season . Wolbert , however , he's one of these riders you just don't know what version will turn up . If he doesn't fancy it , then you can forget it .

If it came to an end of season promotion/relegation fixture between Glasgow and that Leicester side , i'd fancy my chances . But line ups will change once the first green sheets appear .

Edited by Paulco

Danny Ayres is the weakest person in the Premiership

Think he'll be competetive with Shanes, Graversen, Kings Lynns number 7 when he's named... No number 7s are that strong. Ayres however, won't give up and the fans will get behind him

• Like 3