British Speedway Forum

well ive never heard the bloke speak before and i thought what he said was fine. The sport is organising itself as best it can and when it demonstrates consistency as i believe it will a big sponsor will follow. You aren't going to get revolution but seems to me to be moving in the right direction generally. Lets be frank he's had some crap to deal with

• Like 7

SPONSORS - So there are big firms ready to invest but it appears as there is more negativity with the sport than plus and that is the stumbling block. Well that is unlikely to change as the fans that are getting less and less are watching the sport here being drained of top class riders due to limited finances and no fixed race night.

Only a few clubs would want to field a team in a super strong league and that isn't going to happen without the fixed race night. How about trying to get two or three British tracks to enter the Polish League on a Sunday as it's just as quick to get from Poole or Swindon to Leszno as it is from Duagavpils in Latvia.

Maybe get two teams to try and enter, one at Belle Vue and one at Poole using Bomber, Nicholls, King etc and whoever would be interested in signing up instead of signing to a Polish team. Maybe that's unlikely to be approved by the PZM but how about getting a British Speedway team together to invite the Polish and Swedish teams over for a challenge. If it's at Belle Vue use Cook, Fricke and the Worralls plus three others like Bomber, Nicholls and King. This could be done at each track once making nine (or 8) challenge matches to get the likes of Sayfutdinov, Pedersen, Woffinden, Janowski, Pawlicki etc to come here the odd time.

If we can't afford to run a big money league, then this will give each track one meeting that should see a argue crowd in to see a select team race against Leszno or Zielona or Gorzow etc. If only a few Polish teams would be willing to come, invite the Swedish top teams like Piraterna or Dackarna.

ch958, on 20 Jan 2017 - 9:03 PM, said:

well ive never heard the bloke speak before and i thought what he said was fine. The sport is organising itself as best it can and when it demonstrates consistency as i believe it will a big sponsor will follow. You aren't going to get revolution but seems to me to be moving in the right direction generally. Lets be frank he's had some crap to deal with

After an early glitch I think it turned out very well .. Lets keep it a regular thing ..

• Like 1

After an early glitch I think it turned out very well .. Lets keep it a regular thing ..

Agree with this, maybe not with Mr Chapman every time, but maybe on a monthly bases on the BSPA site we could have an interview with someone from the management committee, referee etc. Might even help fans understand why certain decisions were made, or help understand the day to day running of all three leagues.

Only a few clubs would want to field a team in a super strong league and that isn't going to happen without the fixed race night. How about trying to get two or three British tracks to enter the Polish League on a Sunday as it's just as quick to get from Poole or Swindon to Leszno as it is from Duagavpils in Latvia.

Maybe get two teams to try and enter, one at Belle Vue and one at Poole using Bomber, Nicholls, King etc and whoever would be interested in signing up instead of signing to a Polish team. Maybe that's unlikely to be approved by the PZM but how about getting a British Speedway team together to invite the Polish and Swedish teams over for a challenge. If it's at Belle Vue use Cook, Fricke and the Worralls plus three others like Bomber, Nicholls and King. This could be done at each track once making nine (or 8) challenge matches to get the likes of Sayfutdinov, Pedersen, Woffinden, Janowski, Pawlicki etc to come here the odd time.

If we can't afford to run a big money league, then this will give each track one meeting that should see a argue crowd in to see a select team race against Leszno or Zielona or Gorzow etc. If only a few Polish teams would be willing to come, invite the Swedish top teams like Piraterna or Dackarna.

Just a no-goer to enter the Polish leagues as you have to enter at the bottom,like Prague,Debrecen and Daugavpils did and you are not allowed into the top league,like Daugavpils aren't

Good idea to get other teams over,although i guess it is hard to get ull strength teams over once the seasons have all started.But the Sedish and even Polish leagues start a bit after the UK,so should be ok for pre-season friendlies.The Czech touring teams back in the 70s used to be one of the season highlights in the second division

• Like 1

Well i enjoyed listening to what Buster had to say.Is this a first for a BSPA chairman to answer questions like this?It was always going to have some niggles regarding getting it aired.And it was always going to have the the usual suspects slating it.

• Like 2

As I'm no doubt one of the usual suspects I'd like to make it clear I have nothing but admiration and sympathy for Buster and his efforts to sort out the mess that British speedway has become .

My comparison of yesterday's efforts and a speedway meeting were partly tongue in cheek but if you can't see the similarity I'd suggest you open your eyes.

Anyone who thinks Buster or any other individual can sort the mess out short term lives in cloud cuckoo land. It's time for the BSPA to bite the bullet and appoint someone to oversee and Run the sport. More than that that person needs to put fans at the forefront, cos British speedway hasn't got much else going for it at present.

I don't know the answers, I doubt anyone knows all of them but keeping fans happy and making them think they are valued would be a reasonable start.

• Like 2

Maybe that's unlikely to be approved by the PZM but how about getting a British Speedway team together to invite the Polish and Swedish teams over for a challenge. If it's at Belle Vue use Cook, Fricke and the Worralls plus three others like Bomber, Nicholls and King. This could be done at each track once making nine (or 8) challenge matches to get the likes of Sayfutdinov, Pedersen, Woffinden, Janowski, Pawlicki etc to come here the odd time.

Kings Lynn have been doing that, we've had pre-season meetings against Zielona Gora and Wroclaw

I don't think that people are being negative for the sake of it. One thing for those who are always trying to add a positive spin to even very amateurish efforts by speedway promoters is that attendances at almost every track have plummeted over the last five years. Something is wrong with the product if people just get tired of the same old, same old and walk away. It's a fact.

I honestly think the only real big problem with the product is the price.

If it was £10 per adult with program included then the stands would be much fuller.

Even team strengths on top of that then we are laughing!

The things that stop the price being right are being tackled. There is a lot being done and i feel confident in that with this engine cutting costs, team building that looks as favourably to strength in depth as it does to have strong heat leaders, return to the unprotected 15 heat format, Things are on the up from a speedway fans prospective.

Now how to entice more fans, well for a start stop moaning about how crap everything is when things are improving. Needlessly negative opinions are poisonous. criticism isn't a bad thing as long as it isn't for the sake of it! but half the comments on a lot of different threads make me cringe! Thats some of the problem. Marketing does need improving but once again. the noises i hear are saying its being worked on so lets see! but if somebody doesn't like speedway then thats fair enough. I don't really like rugby of darts. no matter how much marketing is one i probably never will!

A page has been turned and things are looking better than they were before. Not perfect. But better. if I'm starting to lose weight then encourage me! don't keep telling me I'm fat because i would probably start to think whats the point in bothering, ill always be fat.

I believe we all have a role to play in this.

Even the chairman said the sooner a chef executive takes over the running of the BSPA the better, that says every thing

Would that make it easier to cook the books? :unsure: :unsure: :unsure::blink:

• Like 1

Now how to entice more fans, well for a start stop moaning about how crap everything is when things are improving. Needlessly negative opinions are poisonous. criticism isn't a bad thing as long as it isn't for the sake of it! but half the comments on a lot of different threads make me cringe! Thats some of the problem. Marketing does need improving but once again. the noises i hear are saying its being worked on so lets see! but if somebody doesn't like speedway then thats fair enough. I don't really like rugby of darts. no matter how much marketing is one i probably never will!

Danny with respect all the marketing in the world is worthless if the product it's advertising is not worth the money being asked, £10 yes I agree would be great but folk nowadays expect more than 15 one minute bits of action surrounded by 2 hours of banal music and verbal crap. especially in the cold months when its seems most fixtures have to be run to allow for all the FIM qualifiers etc. People won't return if they have frozen their bits off standing on crumbling concrete (Lynn isn't crumbling lol) and only seen a couple of half exciting races. Give them some entertainment as well as the races, it doesn't have to cost a fortune, there have been dozens of good ideas posted on here in the last few years but it seems the BSPA as a collective, with a few exceptiions, think that they only have to stage 15 races.

I would like nothing more than to go to Saddlebow Road regularly again and enjoy myself. The first part of that is easy, the second, the bit in bold, is increasingly becoming far more difficult.

Edited by Star Lady
  • Like 1

I honestly think the only real big problem with the product is the price.

If it was £10 per adult with program included then the stands would be much fuller.

Even team strengths on top of that then we are laughing!

The things that stop the price being right are being tackled. There is a lot being done and i feel confident in that with this engine cutting costs, team building that looks as favourably to strength in depth as it does to have strong heat leaders, return to the unprotected 15 heat format, Things are on the up from a speedway fans prospective.

A page has been turned and things are looking better than they were before. Not perfect. But better. if I'm starting to lose weight then encourage me! don't keep telling me I'm fat because i would probably start to think whats the point in bothering, ill always be fat.

I believe we all have a role to play in this.

I think it's the racing, it is too processional, fans want to see good racing, it is exciting, makes a great atmosphere and fans will tell their acquaintances, the knock on would be obvious ....

I think it's the racing, it is too processional, fans want to see good racing, it is exciting, makes a great atmosphere and fans will tell their acquaintances, the knock on would be obvious ....

Blimey Trees, we agree!

On its own it won't solve all the problems but it's the core component so has to be right.

Blimey Trees, we agree!

On its own it won't solve all the problems but it's the core component so has to be right.

Everyone knows this is the answer but how to sort it?