British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Paulco

Glasgow Tigers V Scunthorpe Scorpions . Championship League Sat 1st April 2017 At 7 P.m.

Your attempt at English is pretty dire, do you read what you write ? :rofl:

Say again twit another Forum Spelling and Grammar Police rears his head and for the record who said i was English.

Or was that to difficult for you to work out for yourself now were to you want me to stick my comma.I can think off one place but children like yourself sometimes stay up to read this forum.

Sorry just read what i wrote didn't mean to call you a twit meant to call you a clown sorry about that. :rofl:

Edited by Gazc

Afraid that was as poor a meeting I have seen in a long time.3 passes in 15 heats is not good value. Thank god it was over quickly. On the plus side the back straight viewing is great and lights are impressive. There was a threat of rain, but we need better.

Oh dear, cannot understand the English language. :shock:

Oh dear the clown in another talking sh*te post who would have thought.

Do yourself a favour pal if you are trying to be a smart a*se at least have the common courtesy to be good at it.

Or if that fails apply to be forum spelling police inspector Oh wait. :cry:

To be honest your attempts at being the smart hole is rather laughable and it really is starting to bore the s*it right out off me so jog on and if you are unsure what jog" or on" means try google.

It would surprise you what backward people can learn on google.

Edited by Gazc

Josh seems to be not up to speed only getting his points off lower riders or gifted points thro falls/retirements.

as I said previous postings, Josh A not quite there. Regularly beating lower guys but can't beat top racers. We shall see what tomorrow brings on his home track but will never be more than a 7-7.5 pointer, not an outright no 1.

Josh A: Agreed, I've said that for a while.

got 29 so far with 20 heats to go.!!!!!!!!!!

enjoying this justere2cgoodspeedway? will wait for your reply!!

Not sure what you mean. I always prefer close matches and good racing.

just watch some of the heats on youtube, edingboro ht 7 probably one of the best heats wiithout any passing, british semi final was top drawer, but at the end of the day its whatever floats your boat about whats exciting,

Thanks, haven't found that one yet.

Have you seen these? (on the official Glasgow Tigers website):

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-vs-newcastle-diamonds-koc-heat-13/

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-v-somerset-rebels-lc-heat-3/

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-vs-somerset-rebels-ko-heat-10/

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-vs-workington-comets/

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-vs-scunthorpe-scorpions-pl-heat-11/

http://www.glasgowtigers.co/video/glasgow-tigers-vs-plymouth-devils-pl-heat-10-2/

The above were just vid clips taken at random, there's loads of others on the Glasgow Tigers website and there may well be better ones on there.

• Like 1

Auty is a very average speedway rider who is obviously very entertaining at home but will always be unreliable away.

[quote name="Gazc" post="2935454" your track is super Lol. :rofl:

It is. Best in the country by far (although it may have a serious challenger...

Auty is a very average speedway rider who is obviously very entertaining at home but will always be unreliable away.

Going by the updates last night the meeting was a borefest i have heard great things about Glasgow and i will try to visit later in the season.But riders like Auty who can't gate need a track to be able to race and pass on last night it seemed every race was follow the leader.Today at Scunny it won't be like that Douglas,Auty,Fritz,Wilko (ect) Hansen,Holder,Ulrich all racers have a track to race on ENTERTAINMENT is as important as the result in my book.

One meeting and Glasgow track getting slated.

One thing for sure the owners will do all they can to make the track better.

As much as I enjoy a little Glasgow bashing they are doing things right.

On another note how was the crowd compared to last season?

• Like 1

Glasgow seem to have great owners who listen so things will improve i am sure. Like i said i have heard great things about Glasgow. Edited by Sidney the robin

A common sense post. First match of the season, a fair bit of rain through the week and forecast for Saturday so the track was prepared conservatively. Scunthorpe were good when they gated but that was about it for them. Glasgow top end plus Lunna were slow to get going but did and the bottom end will take time. Smith is pretty raw and Bewley wasnt on the pace. You dont get GP speedway from day 1.

Crowd was very good last night, backstraight terracing looks excellent and night racing under lights enhances the experience.

A concern is that our top 3 dont have Premiership teams like last year, even if the Premiership is just another Championship, its an extra meeting each week to stay sharp.

Another issue is we have an advert for the local MSP in the programme. Whilst advertising revenue is very important this is one that shouldnt be IMO. Sport and politics dont mix and the divisive nature of it now even more so. Lets keep the Tigers politic free and focus only on our target market of families.

Was a bit close early on, not a classic due to a slick track, hopefully be better next week, I felt that the Glasgow boys were faster than the scorps who gated but although they tried everything couldn't get past. Richie Worrall looked particularly frustrated at one point as he had so much speed. Top 3 did what was expected and Nike was probably worth more points than he got. Dan and Jack will need a bit of time, but I was impressed with Tom Perry perhaps if Dan takes time to settle then there may be a swap of positions between the two early season. For the Scorpions, I was impressed with Fritz Wallner, he looks a cracking racer a bit like Nike, a joy to watch, look forward to seeing him at his home track when we are down next week. Loved the atmosphere when it got dark and we were racing under the lights, only downside was that it was a little difficult to fill in the programme when sitting in the front of the stand, will need to use a torch. All in all I am looking forward to a cracking season... Mon the Tigers

• Like 1

A concern is that our top 3 dont have Premiership teams like last year, even if the Premiership is just another Championship, its an extra meeting each week to stay sharp.

interesting point that, maybe making their job at Glasgow all the more important. It might be the only source of income they have from speedway (unless they get paid enough anyway).

and as far as Glasgow having the best track in the country, I would have to agree, its much better than Edinburgh's ;)

Edited by ruffdiamond
  • Like 1