British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
SomersetBlue

King's Lynn Vs Somerset 5th April Premiership

Must be tired didn't realise I put injury meant struggling with bike. Scored 12 in Poland so must be his bike, seems under power.

Corrected.

My bad thought it by injury.Read it wrong.Still a weak number 1

Hearing that Somerset showed plenty of fight tonight 😮

As a Rebel fan that's all I ask to me we haven't disgraced ourselves at all, essentially being 2 riders down with Josh's injury and Tungate struggling with his bike it seems. Then two who were doing their first meeting of the season one has never seen the track and another hasn't ridden in a year. May seem like an excuse but all the little things come together to make things harder.

• Like 3

Fight as in your riders were allegedly scrapping in the pits.....

Here we go again.

Delayed start to let queues in.

Does it matter to you.When was your last meeting.

First I have heard?

It's true

Josh G and Wright scrapping good and proper.

It's how Josh injured his hand, not the crash

I want to congratulate the promotion tonight.

No tractors in the middle

very few grading breaks and the meeting flowed beautifully and finished by 9.45.

They've also made it be known, from now on the meeting will not be delayed if people can't get to the meeting's on time.

• Like 4

It's true

Josh G and Wright scrapping good and proper.

It's how Josh injured his hand, not the crash.

Ah thought it was the crash, ridiculous from both of them don't condone it at all and appalling to hear.

I want to congratulate the promotion tonight.

No tractors in the middle

very few grading breaks and the meeting flowed beautifully and finished by 9.45.

They've also made it be known, from now on the meeting will not be delayed if people can't get to the meeting's on time.

Ditto....and would have finished much earlier if there hadn't been so many fallers. Glad no one was hurt.

Good win for the Stars, but will for sure face stiffer opposition. Somerset could have folded half way through but fought back well in the second half of the meeting. Cracking race between Lambert and Paddy.

Gavin did a decent job on the mike too.

Good start to the season...lets keep it rolling from here!

• Like 2

Does it matter to you.When was your last meeting.

2015 NL at Lynn, 2016 at Peterborough.

You should ask why someone like myself doesn't bother going 2 miles up the road after 40+ years of going week in and week out.

From what I hear about last night someone is listening and trying to improve things. Let's hope it continues and I might get back into the habit again because in many ways I do miss it.

• Like 2

It's been said before countless times.

It's been said before countless times.

We can but hope.... :t:

In rural area like Norfolk many fans travel from afar to be there. For me personally it take me around 80mins to get there from home, (quicker going home. So it is not easy to judge what time to leave home.

I don't recall when I first started going to Speedway at Lynn (70's) that the start was ever delayed on a Saturday night because of people queuing to get in. I would estimate back then the crowds were 5 times the size they are now. I guess that's progress for you.

In rural area like Norfolk many fans travel from afar to be there. For me personally it take me around 80mins to get there from home, (quicker going home. So it is not easy to judge what time to leave home.

I don't recall when I first started going to Speedway at Lynn (70's) that the start was ever delayed on a Saturday night because of people queuing to get in. I would estimate back then the crowds were 5 times the size they are now. I guess that's progress for you.

Back in the 70's there were 12 different entry points all able to take the admission. Now, the cost are much more of an issue where added security is a major concern,. But saying that, if people got there early enough there would be no problem.....

Back then there were loads more turnstiles .... they certainly need to have all box office windows open to get people through quicker if they are gonna be strict with start time ...
  • Like 1

It's a no brainier to me start the meeting on time if there are fans still waiting to pay and get in the stadium so be it if they miss a race or two tough next meeting they will leave earlier to get to the track on time it's always the fans that get there on time that's made to suffer by having to wait on the ones that leave it to the last moment .

• Like 4