British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
Mimmo

King's Lynn V Belle Vue - 19 April 2017

You must have missed the little wink😉😉or don't they work from the phones.sorry if it didn't appear in my post,lisa-colette

Edited by tellboy

Holder must be on a guarantee £2k prob 3 maybe...Rose I dunno £100 a point.They are averaging the same.If Lynn don't replace Noddy people will think its a scam if he banging the scores after the ave's come out..

Edited by Bald Bloke

Pity we did'nt have Jack instead of Chris, he was buzzing on Monday at the show ground.

Missing you already Niels!!! Buster please give us a track that provides a little more entertainment. Can only recall 1 decent pass all evening.

But what a pass from the 'overrated' Robert Lambert, classy! We were always gonna miss Niels, he's been No 1 for 6 years :(

BTW congrats Aces, you were better team, hated Cookie getting the max but was chuffed for him all the same.

Our boys have work to do!

• Like 2

Should'nt miss Puk to much with Holder.Rose is ave the same.

This result surprised me, thought Kings Lynn would be solid at home. Secret Poole Agent Holder obviously doesn't help. But Lambert, Batchelor & Huckenbeck should have got them through this without Cooke scoring a max

It also sounded like another gate and go meeting.

I was very vocal about the quality of racing I watched at Wolves on Monday which was very poor. I don't blame Wolves for that because the prep is always excellent, its just a small track that requires a lot of technical ability which is so tough on the modern bikes. As a consequence it gives a huge home advantage and any passing is generally from a mistake.

KL on the other hand have no excuse. It's a beautifully shaped, well banked purpose built speedway track. I've watched some brilliant racing from the AFA over the years.

Now it's just too grippy. The same thing happened at the NSS in the SWC race off and it just became a horsepower show.

As a lauded track man buster should have the answer. Slicken it off

Edited by acef
  • Like 1

Slick, grippy, it seems to make little difference. Seems like a long, long time since we saw a decent meeting at Lynn. Can't remember seeing riders so strung out after a even one lap so much. Was quite vocal about the lack of entertainment on Saturday at Rye but that was probably worse. Time for Buster to consider a change of track shape, he has Carte Blanche to take the white line in as far as he wants as we desperately need more racing lines. Fourteen drag races just isn't good VFM, was absolutely perfect for good gaters like Cook and Worrall. Young Bewley looks like he is going to be the real deal despite his low score.

For Lynn only Holder knows if he really wants to be racing in Britain but I suspect not, his bike was so slow. Only really Batchelor and Bailey got pass marks really, same old problems for Lambert of dreadful gating and Huckenbecks body language on the bike when he gets a bit out of shape is awful, he has probably thrown away five points last night and Saturday and needs to get it sorted if he is going to be the trump card reserve most of us thought.

• Like 2

If people think Holder will be replaced then think on. There is no genuine no1's out there available.

Maybe the Darcy accident has left its mark on Noddy. I guess time will tell when the GPs kick in.

As for Lambert it's time he moved to that next level if he truly has ambitions on the Workd Stage. He should be knocking in in 13s plus at home and 10-12 s on the road.

The one real bright spot so far has been Nik Porsigning. Who is not living up to that name.

Belle Vue have built well with lots of improvement in that side which come the play-offs should be even more untouchable than now.

Great to see the biggest name in Speedway returning to top of the heap after many lean years and all the troubles of last season.

As for the Lynn track, time to move over Busty and get on your hands and knees and beg Huggy to come back and sort it for you,

• Like 2

Poor meetings on poor tracks seems to be a worrying trend in 2017. The promoters really need to get a grip, if you pardon the pun!

• Like 2

Great team performance from the lads, once Max got going we were always going to be be a side to be reckoned with, hope he keeps it up. Mark Lemon has put together another side where anyone can pop out and win a race, Yogi had a bit of an off night for him but Stevie and Sedgeman then stepped up. Early days but positive signs.

I think part of the trouble semmers is the shale used, it's just not conducive to good speedway. Seems to suit the stock cars which are the cash cow for the stadium and take priority.

The need to sort the racing is pretty massive, crowds will dwindle to very few eventually if people keep turning up for follow the leader stuff.

Well that was my first venture to the higher league this year and if that is the sort of entertainment, then it will be a long time before I go again. Apart from being cold the racing was dire with only one real pass. Well done to Belle Vue who look a good team. Holder just going through the motions and will be back at Poole next year.

Should'nt miss Puk to much with Holder.Rose is ave the same.

Don't remember Puk ever getting 5 at home.

Holder will get better he is generally not at his best early in the season.

As others have said it was an exceptionally poor match from the point of view of any real racing action. One pass in open racing and one surge coming our of the 2nd bend. Two or three catching up attempts that totalled one or two minutes of interest for those looking for speedway racing.Value for money 1 / 10? They did at least crack on with the first eight heats and started on time but the positive rhythm fell away and a 20 min. interval on a very cold night was over lengthy. Still room for improvement in terms of presentation. The centre green mic. man a bit out of touch with the average age of those in the crowd.