British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
g13webb

Somerset Rebels Vs Kings Lynn Stars : 28th April.

wasn't at the meeting to see if decisions are right or wrong, but I'd certainly trust Dale to know whats going on

• Like 1

Great from King's Lynn to have a terrible score from guest Shanes and nothing from Porsing and still get an away win.

Worrying times for Somerset although they always looked weak. Tungate was a good EL reserve but crazy to have him as a number 1

• Like 1

A close meeting between the two weakest teams in the league :D

Panthers appear to have a different Paul Starke compared to the one riding for Somerset currently.

wasn't at the meeting to see if decisions are right or wrong, but I'd certainly trust Dale to know whats going on

Sorry I don't think he has a clue.
  • Like 2

Good result for the Stars,but imo it was against probably the weakest team in the league at the moment.

I also think Huckenbeck could have been used more.I wasn't there but i feel when your reserve is pulling in some big points you have to utilise him more.Ok you don't use him more if the whole team had scored points but on this occassion Porsing hadn't.Somerset didn't think twice by replacing their number one with a reserve tonight.Not sure whether Dale would have it in him to do this,time will tell i suppose.

• Like 1

Why let Porsing have 4 rides when Huckenbreck seems to dialled in? Surely Porsing had to be replaced in heat 9? AWFUL decision!

said all along Allit is the wrong choice as team manager .
  • Like 2

Like has already been said, the Kings Lynn manager made a right hash allowing Porsing to have 4 rides as he was beyond terrible. The worst rider on show, just shading that award from Rohan Tungate. It's worth noting that the Lynn manager kept Shanes in heat 14 for a match winning pass on Jake Allen out of nowhere.

It's another loss that's hard to understand how we've lost, much like last week against Swindon. Felt like we were always in control but just lost out when it mattered. Congratulations to Kings Lynn but they really weren't that good. Craig Cook was a superb guest and backed up superbly by Lambert. Probably outscored what Holder would of done and full on effort, always a joy to watch is Cookie. Rose solid but not spectacular. Batchelor hot and cold. Huckenbeck seemed to be enjoying himself out on the wide line but Porsing was absolutely dreadful.

For Somerset yet again Josh was outstanding, pretty much carrying on from last week but he had little to no back up. Charles done his job as did Graversen who was right in the mix again so fair play to him. However the rest were disappointing. The less said about Tungate the better on tonight's performance. It's an absolute disaster after last season just how he was to see how poor he was tonight. Not only is he riding an absolute lawnmower but he isn't making any starts, on the wrong lines and making so many mistakes. Even if he went to reserve it's hard to imagine him scoring anything. You have to feel he is under even more immense pressure along with Paul Starke to be given the boot right now.

We are likely to get a hiding like most teams will at Belle Vue on Monday, but we can't afford another loss next Friday against a really strong Wolves side. The big crowds we've been getting will soon drop off if we do.

• Like 2

Dale has tweeted that Kai couldn't replace Porsing as Kai had clutch problems at the time

shows those that weren't there in the pits don't know

Edited by stevehone
  • Like 1

Who's read Dale's comments then? Eat your words guys, Kai had clutch probs so couldn't replace Nicklas ....

This is a quote from someone close to the team too. "great team spirit, great team manager"

Clueless, can even make a case for letting Rose have 4 rides.

do you not think BWD should have been getting 7 rides in most of his meetings at reserve?

Ok fair one, BUT could of used Shanes as his last ride and utilised Kai later on.

Doesn't matter now, as Lynn got the win.

do you not think BWD should have been getting 7 rides in most of his meetings at reserve?

Yup, if he's riding well and some one in the top 5 or bacon aren't performing. It's called utilising a weapon.

Quite why Starke is getting flak is beyond me.

Top heavy teams can get by with a couple of riders having off nights but if you build a solid team they all need to score, when your number one is only scoring 1 point you have a major problem.

• Like 2