British Speedway Forum
chunky

Educational Benefits Of The Bsf

I've learnt on here that the same people will always argue about the same things

I've learnt that copyandpasteix will always copy and paste a link from something that happened in 1948 and considering he's a journalist he doesn't have any views of his own

I've learnt that Poole will always be the team to beat, their supporters make sure we remember that

• Like 3

..and is it wrong of me to secretly enjoy watching him not have things his own way in the world championship? :wink:

I'm a big Woffinden fan but I'm enjoying his struggles too :lol:

I'm interested how he's going to turn his GP Series around if at all he can, how he would cope if he finished outside the top 8.

I'm a big Woffinden fan but I'm enjoying his struggles too :lol:

I'm interested how he's going to turn his GP Series around if at all he can, how he would cope if he finished outside the top 8.

If he did finish outside the top 8 he shouldn't get another wildcard. It should go to Bomber..He's the future :D

• Like 3

I find the BSF very educational. As I now live in the US and maybe only get back once a year, it is great for keeping involved in what is happening. It gets a bit tiresome when folks start throwing personal insults, but I guess that happens in any forum.

Also find the non speedway threads educational. I normally find myself on the other side of issues with the likes of HA and Iris but it is always good to listen to and understand opposing viewpoints. Always a good idea to challenge your own belief system.

• Like 2

Being born in Britain, to British parents, means nothing; just because you spent a few years in Australia because your parents moved there, means you are automatically Australian.

Jason Crump has more English heritage than Tai has Australian (I remember reading an interview with Phil where he said one of his grandparents came from Devon and emigrated to Oz at the turn of the last century) but I bet the Aussies didn't give a monkeys.

Jason Crump has more English heritage than Tai has Australian (I remember reading an interview with Phil where he said one of his grandparents came from Devon and emigrated to Oz at the turn of the last century) but I bet the Aussies didn't give a monkeys.

Not 100% sure but wasn't JC mum and uncles also born in the uk ? I would put JC as the most successful British born rider ever. Edited by robert72

Not 100% sure but wasn't JC mum and uncles also born in the uk ? I would put JC as the most successful British born rider ever.

Jason's mother was Carol (?) daughter of Neil Street...not sure if she was born in Britain or Australia however.

The BSF gets a lot of unfair criticism . It's a normal cross section of life that you have to deal with anywhere . You get the ones " in the know " that get snotty when someone posts something not quite correct . You get the know alls , you get the ones who are always right and have to have the last word in any debate . You get the wind up merchants and the ones who like to stretch the boundaries .

But there are some really good posters , some very intelligent posters , and some very funny ones too ( intentionally or not ) .

If you develop a thick skin and don't take yourself or the forum too seriously , then it's enjoyable on here .

I've enjoyed speedway a lot more since I joined this in 2006 and I've made some very good friends because of this forum .

• Like 6

The BSF gets a lot of unfair criticism . It's a normal cross section of life that you have to deal with anywhere . You get the ones " in the know " that get snotty when someone posts something not quite correct . You get the know alls , you get the ones who are always right and have to have the last word in any debate . You get the wind up merchants and the ones who like to stretch the boundaries .

But there are some really good posters , some very intelligent posters , and some very funny ones too ( intentionally or not ) .

If you develop a thick skin and don't take yourself or the forum too seriously , then it's enjoyable on here .

I've enjoyed speedway a lot more since I joined this in 2006 and I've made some very good friends because of this forum .

I'd agree...generally... although there are a few who take it a bit too far...snapping and barking! Personally I do have a thick skin and it's water off a duck's back to me!

Edited by steve roberts

I have learned that a good number of people have the same views as myself, and a good number don't. For me it all makes for a bit of fun - unless it gets too personal, which it does on occasion.

Over all though, a bit of sensible argument and discussion makes for a bit of enjoyment and fun.

Jason's mother was Carol (?) daughter of Neil Street...not sure if she was born in Britain or Australia however.

Me neither... always assumed she was born in Oz because Neil and Phil were, but in reality I have no idea!

Going back to the topic... another thing I have learned is that speedway fans moan endlessly as to why the sport isn't given identical coverage to sports with millions more fans, but also moan that TV exposure isn't any good for the sport :D

I think Neil was living in Devon when his children were born, 1 daughter 2 sons I think, maybe wrong but I am sure this was mentioned elsewhere.

Being born in Britain, to British parents, means nothing; just because you spent a few years in Australia because your parents moved there, means you are automatically Australian.

Funny how Tai gets labelled as "Australian" but Robert Lambert never gets labelled as a German (let alone "a "Kraut", "Hun", "Bosch" "Nazi", "Boxhead" or any other derogatory term reserved for Germans) And yet, where did Lambert learn his craft? Which country did he represent at youth level? He's still adored at places like Gustrow and all over Germany. The Germans almost view him as one of their own. And yet, he's not been given the same stick as Tai has by the British fans.

• Like 1

Funny how Tai gets labelled as "Australian" but Robert Lambert never gets labelled as a German (let alone "a "Kraut", "Hun", "Bosch" "Nazi", "Boxhead" or any other derogatory term reserved for Germans) And yet, where did Lambert learn his craft? Which country did he represent at youth level? He's still adored at places like Gustrow and all over Germany. The Germans almost view him as one of their own. And yet, he's not been given the same stick as Tai has by the British fans.

You know exactly why Tai gets stick....
  • Like 1

You know exactly why Tai gets stick....

I can recall him being called an Aussie from his first days at Scunthorpe and Rye House.