British Speedway Forum
mrss

Stars V Pirates. 13 July

You have a pop at me who was there saying how do I know what the problem is then go on about what the problem is from a couple of shocking "sources" :lol:

I put the information out for what it's worth as a discussion point. It's not beyond the realms of possibly but the fact is that both promotions blame the riders on a limited amoun of fact made public. We don't gave the riders version of it, and Chapman hasn't said specifically what was wrong with it. Either they should give the full facts or just apologise to the dAnd and move on. Just blaming the riders on one side of the story is a very old fashioned and amateurish way of dealing with it. People are bound to speculate. This is part of th problem with most promoters. Whatever goes wrong is everybody else's fault except theirs. They have too face up to the fact that the buck stops with them.

• Like 1

I put the information out for what it's worth as a discussion point. It's not beyond the realms of possibly but the fact is that both promotions blame the riders on a limited amoun of fact made public. We don't gave the riders version of it, and Chapman hasn't said specifically what was wrong with it. Either they should give the full facts or just apologise to the dAnd and move on. Just blaming the riders on one side of the story is a very old fashioned and amateurish way of dealing with it. People are bound to speculate. This is part of th problem with most promoters. Whatever goes wrong is everybody else's fault except theirs. They have too face up to the fact that the buck stops with them.

Both stories point in the same direction, and 2 rider's refused to continue while everyone else carried on.

Regardless of their opinion their teammates clearly didn't agree with them.

Packing their gear away while the outcome of the meeting hasn't been decided is not acceptable regardless.

• Like 3

Who took over as Team Manager after he was taken to hospital?

. The guy who does the big screen info took over as team manager. Rob Lyon was nowhere to be seen although I had seen him earlier.

Both stories point in the same direction, and 2 rider's refused to continue while everyone else carried on.

Regardless of their opinion their teammates clearly didn't agree with them.

Packing their gear away while the outcome of the meeting hasn't been decided is not acceptable regardless.

We are getting into two separate things now.

Under Regulation14.9.2 it is the referees job to ensure that all riders programmed to participate remain until the close of the meeting unless declared unfit to ride by the Medicsl Officer ( which presumably covers Batchelor) or upon a specific request from the Clerk of the Course to allow the rider to leave earlier.

Now, the referee, from his box won't necessarily know who is coming and going unless someone tells him, so that begs the question did the Clerk of the Course get permission from the ref for Holder to leave before the end of the meeting (assumming you are right in saying he left early) or did the Clerk of the Course and indeed Chapman watch him go and do nothing about it ? One presumes the BSPA Chairman knows his own organisations rules about riders leaving before the meeting was concluded, so what really is going on ?If Chapman was that upset at the time why didn't he do something about Holder leaving early? Did he tell the ref or not ? No good complaining if he stood by and let it happen.That really seems to support my point that the fans don't know the half of it from the press reports.

Quite apart from riders leaving early they have not been given a platform to express their version of it. It's Chapmans track, it would be easy for him to say to the fans "Look we had this or that problem preparing the track we did this to try to fix it and most riders were happy with that." Fans are not stupid. They know when a promoter is being straight and will understand unforeseen problems if there were any, but simply running off crying to the press blaming the riders but leaving other questions unanswered is not the way to go about things.

• Like 2

Ive given up on reading the last half a dozen pages but the promotors just don't get it, I thought of having a ride to Swindon but with no Doyle thought shall I make a night of it and ride down to KL where I've always enjoyed the meetings but with the feed back of late thought it's a bit risky. You know what I went up the pub and spent £9.65 instead of at least treble that for KL. oh yeh and I had a better night by the sounds of it

It is possible to try and punch someone and not punch them. No idea if that's what happened here.

Gavan - calm down you are getting aggressive again.

He didn't even attempt to throw a punch, all he wanted was for the loud mouth idiot to explain himself face to face to which he cowered away like a naughty little boy haha

wouldnt expect much else from him from what ive seen of him

spoilt brat comes to mind

You are a joke, must be a Lambert hater haha

Looking at photos of him, he isn't exactly the picture of health. He needs to lose a kilo or 20.

Being obese certainly doesn't help blood pressure and stress.

If I was you I would get this post removed you sad pathetic low life piece of s**t

• Like 2

He didn't even attempt to throw a punch, all he wanted was for the loud mouth idiot to explain himself face to face to which he cowered away like a naughty little boy haha

You are a joke, must be a Lambert hater haha

If I was you I would get this post removed you sad pathetic low life piece of s**t

People who are hugely obese are at risk of death at an early age. It brings on stress, heart conditions and a multitude of other health issues. Sorry but its a fact. He has probably been told by doctors and should do something about it for his own wellbeing.

People who are hugely obese are at risk of death at an early age. It brings on stress, heart conditions and a multitude of other health issues. Sorry but its a fact. He has probably been told by doctors and should do something about it for his own wellbeing.

And likewise people who drink to excess and smoke.

Not sure any of this is relevant.

And likewise people who drink to excess and smoke.

Not sure any of this is relevant.

The guy collapsed in the pits with a reported stress related condition. So no one should say anything and the guy dies, then people say, well he was very large.

No one is taking the P. If I smoked and someone said those fags will kill you I wouldn't take offence. I would know they would. But when someone is clearly overweight some people seem afraid to mention it.

I went up to over 100kg a few years ago. I was Fat. Now I am a much better and healthier 84kg. Telling someone they are obese and should do something about it is not wrong. His mates should encourage him to get fit.

Trouble with it is it depends on each persons relationship with food. Some people eat more when they feel sad. So telling someone in that scenario that they are obese will have a bad effect. If you are going to go down that route then the other person needs to be half way there in hearing it.

You can lose a fair bit of weight by cutting down on portion size!

Edited by lisa-colette
  • Like 2

The guy collapsed in the pits with a reported stress related condition. So no one should say anything and the guy dies, then people say, well he was very large.

No one is taking the P. If I smoked and someone said those fags will kill you I wouldn't take offence. I would know they would. But when someone is clearly overweight some people seem afraid to mention it.

I went up to over 100kg a few years ago. I was Fat. Now I am a much better and healthier 84kg. Telling someone they are obese and should do something about it is not wrong. His mates should encourage him to get fit.

There is one thing stating facts, and another having the tact and intelligence to know when to post such facts are grossly insensitive. You have demonstrated over many years both here and in previous discussion groups that you have neither.

You have overstepped the line here and if this forum were properly run you would be out on your backside for that.

I realise your twisted 'fun' here is in stating garbage just to provoke reactions to satisfy your obviously deeply unpleasant needs.

In fact you didn't just cross that line, you jumped over with both feet. You asked once who I was. I can tell you, I'm someone who would never behave like you do for your own sad gratification.

Yes this IS attacking the poster, not the post, and you damn well deserve it you sickening low-life. Piss off.

I'll probably earn a ban for this. As ever, it's the ones who provoke who get away with it and those who react who get hurt.

The sport and this forum really, really would be better without you. You are a cancer in speedway.

Edited by Rob McCaffery
  • Like 5

You're post is ridiculous.

Way over the top.

Why are you getting so mad for?

Rob has lost his temper here but he has a point.

I'd say referring to Dale's weight at a time when he has been taken ill is not only absolutely unnecessary its also pretty repugnant.

Surely its just a matter at this time of wishing him well and hoping for a speedy recovery ?

• Like 5

Sorry if I have offended. It was most certainly not my intention. But a major problem is always people too afraid to speak up. My initial post was certainly not taking the P. I was told to lose weight by several people and did so. The benefits in being told and acting on the honest advice have improved my life ten fold.

I am not going to get into a slanging match with anyone over this. I was told by my doctor that part of the problem is people are too afraid to speak up for fear of offending, when it is far better to offend than lose someone and regret not speaking after it is too late.

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

Edited by Steve Shovlar
  • Like 1

Sorry if I have offended but a major problem is always people too afraid to speak out. My initial post was ceetainly not taking the P. I was told to lose weight and did so. The benefits in being told and acting on the advice have improved my life ten fold.

I am not going to get into a slanging match with anyone over this. I was told by my doctor that part of the problem is people are too afraid to speak up for fear of offending, when it is far better to offend than lose someone and regret not speaking after it is too late.

Thats all I have to say on the matter.

I hope he makes a full and speedy recovery.

All I'm going to say on this subject, is the fact that you don't know Dale Allitt personally, but I do.

If you knew the countless hours of sweat he's put in at the gym over the past couple of years, along with his eating habits he has to adhere to most of the time, you would never have said what you did.

Reply if you wish, but this will be my only posting on the matter, other than to congratulate you on losing the weight that you did, and to Dale for the weight he's lost in the past 24-months.

Nice to see others getting mad at Shovlar. The man is simply a troll and uses a poor man being unwell for another daft post. November 2003 I caught tonsillitis off of my daughter. This morphed into strep A pneumonia. I was in a coma for 3 weeks (when my work colleagues changed my avatar!). I'm lucky to be here but this I think is the first time I've mentioned it on the forum. I was 11 stone 8. Don't smoke either and rarely drink. I was struck down. To slate someone for their weight whilst they still not right is crass at best

• Like 1