British Speedway Forum

Has the 2 Brit rule really been dropped? It’s no wonder British speedway’s in such a mess when Poole’s first two signings are both Poles, signed simply because their averages are low from previous seasons, pretty much the same with Sundstrom. This isn’t an anti Poole thing, just seems so wrong that Poles on potentially false averages become so important and more st be a good chance Shanes will be dropped after being a rare shining light last year, although maybe his low average will help 

• Like 1

Yes dropped in the SGBP as part of the agreement to only use one 8&over.  Not sure if there is a Brit rule for the Championship?

6 minutes ago, Skidder1 said:

Yes dropped in the SGBP as part of the agreement to only use one 8&over.  Not sure if there is a Brit rule for the Championship?

Big backward step for me (both the 1 over 8 and Brit rules)

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Gavan said:

the sheer audacity of your posts lol

How did your 'big hitter' in reserve go last season??  Klindt will mop up at reserve and then when he moves up Newman or Holder will drop down!! How was that for you lol.

Now this season we have a pretty much untried pole who isnt as good as Klindt (remember he was a number one for Leicester) and all of a sudden he will be a world beater.....so funny

Klindt did pretty well until his injury and i have a feeling these two poles are better, Woryna certainly is and could be a another Musielak and if Szczepaniak is anywhere near his form in Poland he will be the best reserve although i think he may struggle at times especially away from home. 

1 hour ago, paulboy said:

Has the 2 Brit rule really been dropped? It’s no wonder British speedway’s in such a mess when Poole’s first two signings are both Poles, signed simply because their averages are low from previous seasons, pretty much the same with Sundstrom. This isn’t an anti Poole thing, just seems so wrong that Poles on potentially false averages become so important and more st be a good chance Shanes will be dropped after being a rare shining light last year, although maybe his low average will help 

Our first two signings are Aussie actually (Brady and Josh!) 

16 minutes ago, foreverblue said:

Klindt did pretty well until his injury and i have a feeling these two poles are better, Woryna certainly is and could be a another Musielak and if Szczepaniak is anywhere near his form in Poland he will be the best reserve although i think he may struggle at times especially away from home. 

I'm surprised some rides sign for Poole,given Fords win at all cost mentality.The better of the 2 for me is Woryna.He plays to the crowd as well as being on a bargain average.I think he will be a crowd fav and put 2 points on his bargain ave..Spanner on a 4 year old ave,must be a bargain,if he brings good motors and wants it. A bit like Klint for me.If he traps he's away.

23 hours ago, Agrotron said:

It's a shame the two Brit rule was dropped it just that club's can bring second rate foreign riders in which I think is a crying shame 

3 hours ago, ray c said:

I'l tell you what Ray, its the state of british speedway, but i would bet you both riders inprove there averages.

13 hours ago, foreverblue said:

These are nearly on a 5 point average.

I did say at least,not nearly.

9 hours ago, foreverblue said:

Although Woryna has improved in Poland I wouldn't be too confident with him away from Poole. Even in 2016 when he was at Coventry he was beating decent riders in Poland but didn't convert that here. Some of the away tracks he really struggled to even get round them. 

5 hours ago, Starman2006 said:

I'l tell you what Ray, its the state of british speedway, but i would bet you both riders inprove there averages.

im sure your right . but the only problem i think with polish and other riders from that part of the world they can become inconsistent we shall see . still not happy with the two brit rule being dropped

It will be interesting to see the final signings for Poole but looks like they could be a strong team if they get the last 3 right which I am sure Ford/Middleditch will!

On the Poles, personally think Szczepaniak will be ok but wont set the world alight but he will be dependable and hold his ave at least. Woryna on the other hand is a very different proposition. Watched him many times at Coventry and saw many glimpses of brilliance. He has obviously improved immensely in the last 2 seasons and I would be amazed if he didn't translate that into some excellent performances for Poole. In fact I will be so bold as to predict a 7+ ave by the end of the season. But he brings much more as he is a lovely lad and had loads of time for the supporters especially the younger ones. Both astute signings IMO.

Edited by TesarRacing
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, tellboy said:

I did say at least,not nearly.

Yes but would anyone take the risk if they were more than five, possibly Woryna. 

• Like 2

12 hours ago, Skidder1 said:

I just don't see what the 2 Brit rule has to do with the one over 8 rule. Where is the relevance?

People have clearly looked at their own team building plans and then proposed or voted accordingly.

This really has to stop. Seriously. Get some bloody rules and stick to them.

• Like 4