Sign in to follow this  
hyderd

Belle Vue V Wolves Mon 24/7/17

so how did the bike go up in flames...

Is that what's known as a WHOOSH? :lol:

Edited by Gambo
  • Like 1

poole keith, on 24 Jul 2017 - 9:49 PM, said:

genuine question fred do riders count the laps or look for the flags ?

most of them cant count, hence why they have two different coloured flags after just two laps!

Very enjoyable meeting , also fair dos to wolves it takes two to make a entertains meeting and they have tried hard but not just perks bike on fire tonite.

That was like aces in the seventies at Hyde road , you usually got thumped

Saw plenty of wolves thumpings at Hyde Road. We only ever had 1 league win there and I missed it. 😒

The handy thing about Bewley's performance last night was that it was on TV. That should help him attract sponsors :t:

• Like 1

The handy thing about Bewley's performance last night was that it was on TV. That should help him attract sponsors :t:

Many Polish promoters would have watched him last night. They would be asking who is this "Booley". If he continues to improve contracts will start to be waived.

Had enjoyed the meeting so much I had completely forgotten about the exploding bike . I'd imagine the AstroTurf took a bit of heat.

Really enjoyed last night some really close racing and a deserved home win Tungate was excellent value.Bewley impresses me everytime i see him a great riding style that suits that great racetrack to a tea.What i like about Bewley is he really has a racing brain and thinks about where he is taking his lines not just a wind it on merchant.But for me his biggest strength is his temperment looks very level headed and i am convinced he will go from strength to strength.Smith again a different sort of rider and if Belle Vue stick with him longterm he will be a asset Perks for Wolves you had to feel for he had rode well to a expensive night for him.

At a reduced admission.

Makes sense doesn't it when the meetings live on TV ? And its not as if they're the first club who's done it are they ?

Edited by DSC67

I ssid to my wife before the meeting tonight we got dan bewley on track looking forward to it and we were not disappointed what a talent

Really enjoyed last night some really close racing and a deserved home win Tungate was excellent value.Bewley impresses me everytime i see him a great riding style that suits that great racetrack to a tea.What i like about Bewley is he really has a racing brain and thinks about where he is taking his lines not just a wind it on merchant.But for me his biggest strength is his temperment looks very level headed and i am convinced he will go from strength to strength.Smith again a different sort of rider and if Belle Vue stick with him longterm he will be a asset Perks for Wolves you had to feel for he had rode well to a expensive night for him.

Completely agree, seems to have the perfect attitude. Doesn't look like he's going to start thinking he's a superstar before he's anywhere near that level or get involved in nonsense on social media, just quietly gets on with the job and does it very well.

Bewley was fantastic but for me Tungate was the star of the show.

Until heat 15 he never put a foot wrong and it didn't seem to matter whether he gated or not. I think Bewley would have won their races together without Tungate's help but I am pretty sure the youngster would have appreciated it.

Makes sense doesn't it when the meetings live on TV ? And its not as if they're the first club who's done it are they ?

should have made it compulsory for all televised meetings years ago.
  • Like 3

Have clubs volunteered to reduce admission to £10 for televised meetings or is it a requirement of the TV companies so that there is a bigger crowd to be seen on TV.??????????

Have clubs volunteered to reduce admission to £10 for televised meetings or is it a requirement of the TV companies so that there is a bigger crowd to be seen on TV.??????????

deal, done with BT I believe