British Speedway Forum
Sign in to follow this  
topaz325

Workington V Glasgow 29/07/17 7:00pm Champ.

rain check now i can see !

quite bright ,with a mixture of blue skies and slightly grey clouds .

sun keeps bursting through and is warm .

forecast looks good for today and mike fish is going for a glasgow win .

we all know how wrong he can be .

sunny, saturday , speedway .get that one on radio 2 ....

Looks like a mini collapse after being 10 points up disappointing to get only 1 point but it is another away point on the board.

Congrats to Worky on a tremendous fight back, and by the sound off it they deserved the win in the end.

Edited by Gazc
  • Like 1

A great night of fantastic action and close score line, I thought the Comets were in for a good beating half way through but they fought back to win against a very tough aGlasgow side.

Many thanks to the travelling Tigers fans who added to a exciting finale.

• Like 1

i think a few dodgy pull backs from mr mcgregor inspired the comets comeback

the reversal from 10 points down to being infront was 4 great heats for workington

i think a few dodgy pull backs from mr mcgregor inspired the comets comeback

the reversal from 10 points down to being infront was 4 great heats for workington

To be honest McGregor is notorious at trying to ruin meetings with continually pulling starts back.

You can hear the moans of discontent at Ashfield when you realise that he is officiating . always has and always will strive to be the centre of attraction rather than let a meeting flow , especially one that sounds as if it was a good one like tonight.

• Like 6

Mason Campton best ten grand we ever spent

Brilliant! Taken 5 years to get a return on that 10 large. Whined all through that first season in 2012 with Glasgow that it never stopped raining, so signed for Worky, the wettest track in the country. Never sorry to get rid. Quintissential whining Aussie.

• Like 1

Brilliant! Taken 5 years to get a return on that 10 large. Whined all through that first season in 2012 with Glasgow that it never stopped raining, so signed for Worky, the wettest track in the country. Never sorry to get rid. Quintissential whining Aussie.

maybe yes,but summers gave him a night off this evening

Wow what a meeting that was ...Mcgregor needs to retire ...went out if his way to spoil this meeting some really controversial decisions , let's hope he doesn't rush back to Workington !!

Thought we were dead and buried after heat 7 but the boys fought and clawed us back to a last heat decider and what a heat 15 that was..won't be many riders can come from 15m to pass Aaron Summers , take a bow Bomber Harris.

Two great guests in Chris and Simon they rode their socks off

Glasgow deserved their point , tonight was definitely squeaky bum stuff :)))

• Like 1

And here's me thinking Robbing Roy McGregor reserved his dodgy performances for Redcar, I have misjudged him, he's poor everywhere.

• Like 1

I thought McGregor had a mixed meeting rather than a bad one and it was Glasgow that were on the end of the poor decisions. Harris and Jorgensen deserved to be put off 15 metres as both were warned. Heat 3 should have been re run - you don't have to have a faller for thete to be first bend bunching. In heat 9, Perry hit the tapes first, not Summers.

Having said that, this was a cracker of a meeting that had the lot and really proved you don't necessarily need passing to see brilliant races.

One final point : I am no fan of stewards but the chap on the back straight by the bar did a superb job when things got a little heated. Straight in and calmed things down immediately :approve:

Edited by Halifaxtiger
  • Like 1

Enjoyable meeting with the Tigers mid meeting collapse proving fatal. Do wish we would allow movement as long as the tapes aren't touched every meeting is being blighted by reruns at the moment from the GPs down and the entertainment factor is suffering as a result.

Awful decision in Heat 9 to exclude Aaron can only presume Jim was unsighted and missed Tom tape touching from 4.

Think most fans wanted Dan in 15, as at that stage he was looking quicker than Aaron but can't blame Stewart for going safe.

Good atmosphere Worky fans very happy to have beat us, take that as a compliment :)

• Like 2

This may sound like sour grapes but, Irrespective of Mr McGregor's contribution, yet again the Tactical Ride rule leaves one team's fans feeling robbed.

I can understand the intention being to make run away leads reduce to narrow ones in order to give the appearance of a close match and add to the "excitement" BUT it sours matters if it switches the result. What other sport has a similarly stupid rule ?

If the Powers That Be won't scrub it from the Rule Book, how about amending it such that, if one team uses the TR rule, the other team get to use a TR nomination within the next two or three heats ?