British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Rye House V Kings Lynn / Kings Lynn V Rye House

A bit unfair on Poole if Rye only have to take the 2nd meeting on Thursday to Heat 10!!!!

Agreed.

A bit unfair on Poole if Rye only have to take the 2nd meeting on Thursday to Heat 10!!!!

You would prefer it the other way around then :D.To be honest if Lynn were to have a chance of winning any of these meetings it would be in the first 10 heats anyway.

Did they bother to inform the supporters of this before they started the 2nd meeting?

Nope. Paramedics and track staff seem to be aware but not us fans on terraces

Edited by kelvinht

Just to highlight the significance of the King's Lynn away meeting, at present Poole have all three of their final matches scheduled to be staged before the cut-off. They currently have 40 points and the points available from those three meetings (1 home, two away) gives them a potential final total of 51.

As for the Rockets. They have 36 with five matches to race, three home and two away but with only four of those currently scheduled to take place before the cut-off. Those four could yield a maximum of 13 pints giving a potential total of just 49 points, so that King's Lynn away match must be scheduled before the cut-off for any lingering credibility in the top tier to be saved.

As it stands Rye House could be denied a play-off place only by King's Lynn's failure to stage the match before the cut-off!

All of these are big 'ifs' with Belle Vue away and Swindon home to come but even by the shabby standards of the top tier allowing Poole the chance of a win at Lynn but denying the Rockets the same chance would be disgusting.

All of these are big 'ifs' with Belle Vue away and Swindon home to come but even by the shabby standards of the top tier allowing Poole the chance of a win at Lynn but denying the Rockets the same chance would be disgusting.

Spot on, surely the BSPA wont allow this farce to happen if only because their treasured BT contract due is to be decided shortly.

What I don't understand is that if the "cut off" has been extended to the 6th Sept, why not ride on the 6th which is a Wednesday and the KL home night, after all the 1st leg of the playoffs are not due to be ridden to the 18th Sept. Clearly something fishy is going on and after Busters 28 July actions, giving Poole a playoff place would be a peace offering.

What a farce speedway is in this country. Big gaps in meeting schedules and then come to the end of the season there are double headers with the same team, or miles/hours of travelling between one meeting and another, and all this at a time it could be reasoned teams may have injuries to riders. Time for a massive shake up, or has that been said for the last xx number of years!

• Like 2

What a farce speedway is in this country. Big gaps in meeting schedules and then come to the end of the season there are double headers with the same team, or miles/hours of travelling between one meeting and another, and all this at a time it could be reasoned teams may have injuries to riders. Time for a massive shake up, or has that been said for the last xx number of years!

it is truly amazing to think 14 home meetings 26 weeks to fit them in and they can't even manage that let alone space them out at regular intervals through those 26 weeks speedway is a total farce .

1 Maybe after all the comments about double headers Buster has had second thoughts about another one, if indeed it was ever AGREED in the first place.

2 Perhaps they have listened to the complaints from fans about riders doubling up/guesting and affecting their own teams chances of progress has made then think of the scenario of a rider being injured in the first match and having to be replaced by a Poole rider, the team that Rye are vying for over a play off place. They may have listened to the fans

3 Possibly Lynn offered Rye three dates, but on all of those dates Rye couldn't field a full team so they unilaterally decided to announce the date hoping to put pressure on Lynn

4 Maybe it is all agreed but by some kind of oversight Lynn simply haven't informed the fans, and will do so at 7 o'clock on Thursday.

It could be any or none of the above but the likelihood is :-

1 Possibly

2 Never in a month of Sundays :shock:

3 Possibly but in that case they don't know Buster very well :wink:

4 Probably :P

and of course the original date that night there was no reason to call it off in the first place .
  • Like 2

Spot on, surely the BSPA wont allow this farce to happen if only because their treasured BT contract due is to be decided shortly.

What I don't understand is that if the "cut off" has been extended to the 6th Sept, why not ride on the 6th which is a Wednesday and the KL home night, after all the 1st leg of the playoffs are not due to be ridden to the 18th Sept. Clearly something fishy is going on and after Busters 28 July actions, giving Poole a playoff place would be a peace offering.

play-offs start on the 11th September

Just tweeted

King's Lynn Speedway‏ @KLSpeedway 9m9 minutes ago

More

BREAKING | Thursday night is now a DOUBLE HEADER: Stars v Poole 7.30 plus Stars v Rye House. COME AND BACK US AS WE BATTLE TO BEAT THE DROP!

This could throw up a whole can of worms :-

15 heats or 10?

Will Lynn have full team vs Rye?

Will Poole rider guest for Lynn if necessary cos of injury (hopefully not needed)?

Does this mean there will actually be relegation/promotion at the end of the season?

This could run and run

Edited by Star Lady

What a pity I was intending to go on Thursday, as it's the last meeting of the season at the AFA ( Is it now ?) but a double header even against different teams is not my cup of tea. Runs on too late for me.

Just tweeted

King's Lynn Speedway‏ @KLSpeedway 9m9 minutes ago

More

BREAKING | Thursday night is now a DOUBLE HEADER: Stars v Poole 7.30 plus Stars v Rye House. COME AND BACK US AS WE BATTLE TO BEAT THE DROP!

This could throw up a whole can of worms :-

15 heats or 10?

Will Lynn have full team vs Rye?

Will Poole rider guest for Lynn if necessary cos of injury (hopefully not needed)?

Does this mean there will actually be relegation/promotion at the end of the season?

This could run and run

wonderful- why oh why go with a double header ? No lessons learned from last week I guess ? Was going if it was just Poole but now not so sure about going - and zero considerations to season ticket holders yet again .

Well i suppose at least the fans that attend have an interest in both meetings and the home team are riding against different teams which should mean what happened against Wolves shouldn't happen.

I wonder if whichever idiot scheduled the seasons meetings with all the gaps in May, June and July might actually learn how to spread the seasons meetings out.

• Like 4

What a pity I was intending to go on Thursday, as it's the last meeting of the season at the AFA ( Is it now ?) but a double header even against different teams is not my cup of tea. Runs on too late for me.

Hope it doesn't run for almost 5 hours as it did at Swindon last night. Quite a few left before the end.