British Speedway Forum
Speedwaycrazy

Rye House V Kings Lynn / Kings Lynn V Rye House

I wonder if whichever idiot scheduled the seasons meetings with all the gaps in May, June and July might actually learn how to spread the seasons meetings out.

Not a chance! The only people who are inconvenienced are the fans and we know for sure that they don't matter very much to the BSPA. And now we get the "please get behind us, in our relegation fight" plea from Buster. One big league in 2018 will anyway make relegation / promotion pointless. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I wonder if whichever idiot scheduled the seasons meetings with all the gaps in May, June and July might actually learn how to spread the seasons meetings out.

I don't know but some have said it was Colin Pratt.

I agree, but let's not forget the unjustified cancellations where KL & RH are concerned.

If it's a 7.30 start the best scenario is that they run it as well as the Wolves last night (which they won't) and it still won't be finished till after 11. Bonkers absolute bonkers. Who wants to be there till that time with work next day or even who wants to be there that long whatever

• Like 1

Why start this at 19.30. Have no lessons been learned.

I can understand your thought there BUT in this busy tourist area in the school holidays with lack of Motorways and very limited dual carriageways people have got to have time to get home from work and then to the stadium - not easy in this part of the country at this time of the year I can assure you.

I agree, but let's not forget the unjustified cancellations where KL & RH are concerned.

Agreed but any decent schedule should allow for a couple of cancellations, unjustified or not.

Hopefully specific race nights will help as all d/u riders should always be available.

Well i suppose at least the fans that attend have an interest in both meetings and the home team are riding against different teams which should mean what happened against Wolves shouldn't happen.

Didn't really want another double header,but to be fair to both opposition we have to i suppose to get them in before the cut off date.At least if we get a couple of injuries in the first meeting(hope not)we won't have a shortage of offers from the Poole riders to fill in,average fitting of course.

Didn't really want another double header,but to be fair to both opposition we have to i suppose to get them in before the cut off date.At least if we get a couple of injuries in the first meeting(hope not)we won't have a shortage of offers from the Poole riders to fill in,average fitting of course.

Yes true, hope they get through it quickly I am still planning to make the trip but may not stay the whole night as Poole are on first. You should be fine we have lots of low average riders!

Yes true, hope they get through it quickly I am still planning to make the trip but may not stay the whole night as Poole are on first. You should be fine we have lots of low average riders!

J.Holder seems to like the track,if any 2 of our top 5 pull out he'd fit.

Edited by tellboy

Delighted to see something like common sense being applied and the match being finally confirmed for Thursday night. It would be tempting to ask why such an obvious solution wasn't taken earlier but since I'm rapidly approaching my 50th season I really should know that answer...........

Finishing a season with six matches in eight nights is beyond parody though. You cannot run a 'sport' this way.

Switching to more positive thoughts it was great to see the old place looking so impressive last night on BT. Sadly circumstances prevent me visiting now. I remember arriving at the place in 1974, still shocked and grieving over the loss of Rayleigh and wondering where the heck we were and how we were going to cope in this new home. It's taken over forty years but at last it's looking like a proper speedway stadium with a half-decent track. Of course in 1974 it was a case of building the best track you could in a very unsuitable and cramped stadium so there were obvious restrictions on the quality of track that could be built.

It was a real pleasure to see it come over so well last night. It'll never be a classic racing track - there's simply not enough room, even with the elimination of the dog track. The new promotion have understandably made mistakes (white rocket on blue and gold PLEASE - it's a minor point to some but important heritage to others) but it looks like it's all coming together.

Now they need regular weekly speedway on a consistent race night again.

Edited by Rob McCaffery

Al last the semblance of a sensible decision. At least the best team will now make the playoffs and by accident, this may be the evening when Kings Lynn have loads of supporters all evening.

Sadly I travel by train and the last train from Kings Lynn to Liverpool Street is at 10.30pm which makes going to a doubleheader pointless. Not happy!

Al last the semblance of a sensible decision. At least the best team will now make the playoffs and by accident, this may be the evening when Kings Lynn have loads of supporters all evening.

I'll be there.First and foremost i like to see my team win.But Thursday we can have a big say into who goes into the play-offs.

Who would i like to see make the play-offs,out of the two i think i would have to plump for Rye.They were our arch enemies back in the old PL,but that's all forgotten about now.

Poole,is who most fans who don't support Poole want to see lose and i'm in that category.It's not particularly any Poole rider i dislike or the club itself(only on the odd rule tinkering).The thing that makes me want to see them lose is a few of their fans that comment on here.I know that sounds ridiculous but i'm sure most people know who i'm on about.Although this season they aren't as cocky as usual for some reason :rolleyes:

So maybe two wins for Lynn,but Rye getting a point :t:.Although personally i can see us losing both.