British Speedway Forum
g13webb

Kings Lynn Vs Wolves ( Double Header) 23.08,17

I find it hard to believe that there is a rule that says a team must start a match with only three riders

There isn't such a rule.

By agreeing to any match it's expected that both teams field competitive line ups.

The onus is on that club for not being able to honour that commitment.

No rules were broken and the referee was not at fault for ensuring the meeting goes ahead.

Kings Lynn totally at fault for not having stand by options.

• Like 1

I believe you are connected with the club, and if so then you need to understand that fans have a right to be annoyed and upset and therefore you should get off your keyboard and back off. Does your employer no favours.

:o

As a Rye House Supporter, if I travel up next Wednesday for the second meeting only, how much will the admission price be for the 10 heats(as that is all that Kings Lynn will be able to fit in) Also, was yesterdays second meeting abandoned because of a curfew, or because nobody could be bothered anymore.

• Like 2

If there was a rule that a match would be cancelled if a team only had four riders, how long before a visiting team with only five riders available (inc guests) "accidentally" lost another rider and only turned up with four. I'm sure the home promoter would delighted to deal with refunds for all the angry and disappointed fans.

RULE CHANGES THAT ARE KNEE JERK RESPONSES TO SPECIFIC INCIDENTS ARE ALWAYS A VERY BAD IDEA.

• Like 1

The sport is crying out for some simple rules so here's one

If you're using R/R you must name a No.8 and that rider must be there and ready to race if called upon. Or even easier just scrap R/R altogether.

• Like 1

The sport is crying out for some simple rules so here's one

If you're using R/R you must name a No.8 and that rider must be there and ready to race if called upon. Or even easier just scrap R/R altogether.

I would like to scrap the R/R altogether,but a present it is hard to find guests to fill in for injured/missing riders.

As a Rye House Supporter, if I travel up next Wednesday for the second meeting only, how much will the admission price be for the 10 heats(as that is all that Kings Lynn will be able to fit in) Also, was yesterdays second meeting abandoned because of a curfew, or because nobody could be bothered anymore.

What meeting is on Wednesday at Kings Lynn then? I think you find Kings Lynn will be at Poole next Wednesday.

Edited by foreverblue

So another bad day for British Speedway .....for several reasons ...

1-Having a cut off date for the stupid play-0ffs meaning that everyone has to cram in fixtures in the last few weeks, Even so you'd think that getting 14 home fixtures completed in 6months would be easy ....... even allowing for rain-offs...... but it happens each year.

2- doubleheaders are a bad idea for the very reason that happened lastnight ... If rider(s) are injured in the 1st meeting then only R/R or reserve replacement available .... unless ofc a reserve is one of the injured in whichcase you're bgrd ....again as happened last night. There is still no squad system in GB so having riders sitting in the pits is not an option

3- the refusal by the ref to cancel 2nd meeting even tho one side couldn't provide a team thus ensuring 2nd meeting was a total farce. I thought it was against SCB rules for a side to present a below strength team so why did the ref let it go ahead? It was Buster who requested cancellation so knew he'd probably get fined as well as forfeiting the match points. (not that anyone thought we'd have any chance of winning either match anyway) rather than proceed? It would seem that Buster cares more about the image of speedway than the SCB !?

Edited by Star Fever
  • Like 1

foreverblue, on 24 Aug 2017 - 3:15 PM, said:

What meeting is on Wednesday at Kings Lynn then? I think you find Kings Lynn will be at Poole next Wednesday.

Apologies. Meant Thursday.

Am I the only one (regardless of what happened last night) who thinks that 2 meetings between the same 2 clubs on the same night is fundamentally wrong? Silly, at best. You might as well have one meeting and double the result. Surely the appeal of racing the same club twice at home on different nights (different halves of the season even) is that of anticipation. "They beat us last time, but we've signed a new heat leader or reserve (or both at the same time if you're Rye) since". "Our no.1 was carrying an injury last time, this time we're all fit".

The chances of 14 riders remaining 100% fit and having 100% reliable machinery over 2 consequetive meetings is small. Did I say 14? Of course, when you start with less, the odds are already against you. And in case you think hindsight is a wonderful thing, I did post about the dangers of using RR yesterday.

This is fixture planning (planning?) at it's worst.

Double headers are of dubious value. To the club, to the riders and last of all (as always) the fans.

• Like 1

Apologies. Meant Thursday.

There is nothing on the Kings lynn site or the BSPA site that says next Thursday will be a double header.

Am I the only one (regardless of what happened last night) who thinks that 2 meetings between the same 2 clubs on the same night is fundamentally wrong? Silly, at best. You might as well have one meeting and double the result. Surely the appeal of racing the same club twice at home on different nights (different halves of the season even) is that of anticipation. "They beat us last time, but we've signed a new heat leader or reserve (or both at the same time if you're Rye) since". "Our no.1 was carrying an injury last time, this time we're all fit".

The chances of 14 riders remaining 100% fit and having 100% reliable machinery over 2 consequetive meetings is small. Did I say 14? Of course, when you start with less, the odds are already against you. And in case you think hindsight is a wonderful thing, I did post about the dangers of using RR yesterday.

This is fixture planning (planning?) at it's worst.

Double headers are of dubious value. To the club, to the riders and last of all (as always) the fans.

Totally agree never like double headers and I hope there is a re-think regarding next Thursday and it isn't as stated on Rye House site as another double header as I was intending to go but not if it is a double header.

foreverblue, on 24 Aug 2017 - 3:42 PM, said:

There is nothing on the Kings lynn site or the BSPA site that says next Thursday will be a double header.

Totally agree never like double headers and I hope there is a re-think regarding next Thursday and it isn't as stated on Rye House site as another double header as I was intending to go but not if it is a double header.

Was Announced at Rye last night.

I would think Lynn would be reluctant to stage another double header after last night.

At some point common sense must kick in.

There was nothing wrong with track. It was smooth, had usual grippy starts. Just because a rider falls it's not always the track. Track grading as normal took place after each 4 heats. No extensive work was done just grading and watering. Where were you in Arena to have the view the track was at fault? Did you walk the track ? Or were you at home and came to this conclusion via social media ?

Read what I put David, I said the track caused the riders problems and judging by the falls and comments early doors it did.

Of course going by numerous comments this year and no less a former world champion, the track clearly isn't currently at its best and to be fair from my visits over the last decade or so it's not getting any better.

Especially NOT when the Chair of the BSPA so openly and fully embraces and endorses all forms of social media. I do not believe that MPT told the club at 7 pm that he was riding in another country. If this was so, he needs helping with his effective communication.

Of course he didn't, Chapman would have known what meetings he couldn't do when he signed him, its basic team management.