British Speedway Forum
Sidney the robin

British Talent Is Coming Through The Future Looks Good.

I believe in the next five years will will have some really good Brtish riders coming through and all at the very least will make Championship riders i very much hope so anyway.Jenkins,Bickley,Bowtell,Brennan,Atkins,JPB,Wood,Rowe,Thomas, as examples all have a great chance to progress.And with the likes of Bewley Zak ( Hume/Phillips both bloody unlucky improved no end) Mountain,,Bailey we have quite a nice crop there am i to Enthusiastic??? what are your opinions.

• Like 2

While you can never fully predict what level any rider will ultimately reach, I share your confidence that at least some of that lot will be our stars of the future.

I certainly hope that the Riders you mention do well.

I would love to see some develop in to Riders of the calibre of PC, Chris Morton, Simmo, Lee or Jessup.

Only time will tell.

Please add Nathan Greaves to your list Sidney, as an injury replacement for our Danyon Hume and reserve for wolves, he is an absolute 100% trier and never give up attitude that fans just love to see for their team. He and mountain have improved so much this season it's great to see.

Edited by Badge
  • Like 3

Please add Nathan Greaves to your list Sidney, as an injury replacement for our Danyon Hume and reserve for wolves, he is an absolute 100% trier and never give up attitude that fans just love to see for their team. He and mountain have improved so much this season it's great to see.

Fully agree! He's come on very well this year.

The field for round 6 at Belle Vue 2 weeks ago, was the biggest field there has been in the British Youth Championships.

Amazing the talent coming through at the moment, but remember that can all develop at a different rate.

Good luck to all the guys riding tonight in the next round at Glasgow. Look out for Archie Freeman. :D

• Like 2

The field for round 6 at Belle Vue 2 weeks ago, was the biggest field there has been in the British Youth Championships.

Amazing the talent coming through at the moment, but remember that can all develop at a different rate.

Good luck to all the guys riding tonight in the next round at Glasgow. Look out for Archie Freeman. :D

Some really nice talent coming through in the 125/250/500 under 16s. Leon Flint, Kyle Bickley, Palin ,Edwards the 2 McGurk brothers and a few others aswell. Listened to the interviews after Belle Vue, Leons hi jacking of the microphone to thank Neil Vatcher was immpressive, and very ,mature for a 14 year old

• Like 2

GREAT STUFF Dave. You do a brilliant job.

How is Archie doing these days?

GREAT STUFF Dave. You do a brilliant job.

How is Archie doing these days?

Currently breaking though this year. The top 125cc Championship riders are Archie, Harry and Sam McGurk and Luke Harrison. Archie was on a max at Leicester when called off for no medical cover, and has been 2nd to Harry both at Scunny and Belle Vue, and missed out of a final ride by the spin of a coin at Redcar. He didn't do the earlier southern rounds due to distance away, so unlikely to get enough points to get on the podium. He really has developed this year, and team riders are starting to give him a lot of attention and helpful advice.

• Like 2

There is a lot of gloom and doom surrounding speedway at the moment, but one positive aspect has been the increasing numbers competing in the youth championships. You are slowly seeing these names filter through into the National and Premier Leagues. Some will go on to have big careers, some will fall by the wayside. The most important thing is there is that these riders are coming through and the youth setup should be given as much backing as possible.

Now lets see more clubs getting involved by expanding the NJL, MDL and SJL. A match after every meeting would be great.

• Like 2

No disrespect to some of them riders, they're ok but they're nothing special.

Wajtknecht will be 20 when next season starts and he's done nothing brilliant yet. Poland have probably got a dozen riders better.

Connor Moutain, 20 this week and what's he actually done?

Parkinson Blackburn has failed badly this year. It might be the making of him, I've always said a tough year early in teaches riders to fail and they need a bit more than natural talent.

Alfie Bowtell? 21 start of next season, bit part NL rider.

If you haven't made it to PL second string by 20 hen you're never going to make it. Realistically you need to be heatleader by then.

We do have some great kids, Bickley, Bewley, Jenkins and Brennan look like being capable of being the real deal. But there's a little bit of getting over excited by some riders. They may go on to be decent league riders but anyone still riding/eligible for NL at 21 is NOT going to "make it" if making it is being SWC level.

At U15 level we potentially have a few diamonds.

Edited by SCB

When we came back in 2010 Tom Perry and Ash Morris were 15 year olds I think and both looked good prospects but Toms still riding for us and Ash is still in reality a CL reserve, I've seen a good few youngsters in the NL in the past 8 seasons but there's not a lot gone on to the highest level in reality

I would of course agree with that i did see Nathan at Swindon for a year and overall he did well now he is a diffferent rider really has improved i hope he keeps improving.

Wajtknecht will be 20 when next season starts and he's done nothing brilliant yet. Poland have probably got a dozen riders better.

Parkinson Blackburn has failed badly this year. It might be the making of him, I've always said a tough year early in teaches riders to fail and they need a bit more than natural talent.

If you haven't made it to PL second string by 20 hen you're never going to make it. Realistically you need to be heatleader by then.

We do have some great kids, Bickley, Bewley, Jenkins and Brennan look like being capable of being the real deal. But there's a little bit of getting over excited by some riders. They may go on to be decent league riders but anyone still riding/eligible for NL at 21 is NOT going to "make it" if making it is being SWC level.

Great post but you ent got a CLUE mate as usual,bitter and twisted but we will see eh!!!

This post shows me that you have no idea,what you are on about you dont go anymore now how do you know ????.All those riders mentioned have you seen them ride i dont think so some will fail but some will prosper and do well we will see eh!! Edited by Sidney the robin
  • Like 1

Which part of SCBs post do you have an issue with?

It seems like a reasonable summary of the riders if you ask me.

• Like 3