British Speedway Forum
spin king

Clash Of The Tigers, Sheffield V Glasgow Thursday 31st August

Been to the meeting tonight and thoroughly enjoyed my first visit for weeks. Glasgow were matching sheffield for 11 heats then the flood gates opened.

Lawson was not himself tonight, Worral was crap, Campton was good, summers was average but did TRY, smith was as good as I thought he would be and Tom Perry was better than two!!!

Scrabble man was oysum, Baby B was wider than the wicker arches, Josh Bates rode well but his gating let him down, howarth was just brilliant, Graverson was really impressive and worth more points and young Georgie tried for four laps in every race!!!! For only one point but he was on the pace in his races. Very impressed with him.

Big difference for me was management,,,, stead was buzzing around his riders. Glasgow just stood at the fence without allot of interaction.

Well done both teams I enjoyed my evening

Sheffield Tigers did to Glasgow what they have to a few teams this year at home, turned the heat up in the second half of the meeting and Glasgow could not live with them. All the Sheffield riders rode great tonight. Josh G and Kyle must be the best number 1 and 5 in the championship. UTT.

And what's those rumours ??

there are very strong rumours that there might be speedway in some areas next year and each team will need 7 riders

mason is very close to workington promotion while i agree hes a little up and down he has improved again this year and at times has looked pritty good aswell as looking poor some meetings

Pointless pressing the panic button, the team can't be changed even if we wanted to. Just watched the Tigers broadcast on Facebook and seems Aaron's tuner was over from Poland so the boy is trying to sort out his lack of power. The play offs are all that matter now although it would be nice to go unbeaten at home. It might not go down well with some fans but we need the remaining 6 to stay healthy and not take risks - Ipswich fans said the same when they lost Cam Heeps through trying to hard. We also need them to get there best engines booked in early with there tuners and who knows what they will achieve. So in free fall or playing it safe. Hope it is the latter 🙆

But summers scored as many as the 2 other heat leaders combined tonight, really don't see where your criticism is coming from (in relation to tonight's performance at least)

Based on having watched him the last 6 weeks home and away yes get what you say about tonight but he is a shadow of the rider he can be.

Good win for the Sheffield Tigers tonight.

Glasgow Tigers badly let down by their heatleader trio with Summers been the pick of the the three.

Usually when a big club of Glasgow's statue comes to Sheffield and keeps it tight for for the first 4 heats and then takes the lead I start to get nervous but tonight I was never concerned or worried and always felt that we could step it up a gear and get the win and sent Glasgow packing with nothing to show for their efforts.

Always felt that Glasgow were hanging on and trying to get either a draw or a point out of the meeting.

You can see that in the amount of race winners they had, two to be exact and both coming from the Guest for the night Mason Campton.

Only Campton and young Jack Smith came out with any credit, and too a lesser extent Summers the rest were very poor especially Worrall who needs to find a new engine tuner if that the engine he was given especially for Sheffield.

For Sheffield

Josh G and Howarth lead by example.

Lasse was fantastic in the latter parts of the meeting.

Josh B showed that you can use the inside line to pass.

Jan proving that he not only just a gater he can pass people as well.

Georgie might have only score a point but that point was a very valuable point and he was never off the pace.

The winning run continues and we now go onto a a very tough match at Glasgow on Saturday, could be that the run comes to an end, but this is a very good team that can dig when it needs to so maybe, just maybe we can keep that run going.

Very proud of my team tonight. :t::t::t:

• Like 1

Never mind , at least the likes of Jenga and the mob who are constantly bleating about the money side of things will be quite happy we're rubbish again

• Like 1

Results for Glasgow have clearly taken a turn for the worse lately.The situation can change very quickly for any team,as a result of the ridiculous rule regarding replacing injured riders.With all the racing still to be done and with doubling up for most heat leaders it is highly likely the play off final will include rider replacement and guest in each partpicipating team as injuries are almost inevitable.If this occurs it will be a fitting end to the season.

funny how some glasgow fans were claiming that masons transfer was the best k10 they had ever done , selling him to workington .

so it looks like the best k10 profit workington may make by selling him back to you .

now who are the best wheeler dealers between glasgow and workington .+ bewley coming the other way to join cook in 2018 .

Another collapse at least they are consistent, I see Aaron doing all he can to not be back next year his performances the last 4-6 weeks have just not been good enough.

Have a feeling watching this team that our season is going down the swany fast.

really.yes,we were pretty dominant towards the latter end of the meeting but it,s not aaron summers you should be pointing the finger at.mr worral and mr lawson were pretty average last night and summers was at least competitive hence his heat 15 appearance.he is an out and out tryer and would have him in sheffield colours any day.

really.yes,we were pretty dominant towards the latter end of the meeting but it,s not aaron summers you should be pointing the finger at.mr worral and mr lawson were pretty average last night and summers was at least competitive hence his heat 15 appearance.he is an out and out tryer and would have him in sheffield colours any day.

My point about Aaron wasn't based on last night it has been a culmination over the weeks were in general he has been poor.

funny how some glasgow fans were claiming that masons transfer was the best k10 they had ever done , selling him to workington .

so it looks like the best k10 profit workington may make by selling him back to you .

now who are the best wheeler dealers between glasgow and workington .+ bewley coming the other way to join cook in 2018 .[/quote

Mason's got it sussed Realises he won't be a PL rider so maximises his earnings by putting in some good meetings to keep comet fans happy but still managing to get a average average. This average gives him a chance of guest bookings and good pay days 💷💷 like last night and it probably won't be the last

We just need to up our game starting this Saturday against the form team , looking at things in a different light i would fancy our chances against the other 2 teams in the play off spots over 2 legs but Sheffield we would need to get back to our early form to stand a chance.

We are nailed on in the play offs certain riders just need to start firing again if this happens we will be difficult to beat over 2 legs against anyone.

• Like 1

Think you will find that Master Richie has been Glasgow's best rider most meetings lately and well Lawson has been the usual unreliable guy he usually is. Richie never likes Sheffield.

Never mind , at least the likes of Jenga and the mob who are constantly bleating about the money side of things will be quite happy we're rubbish again

Yep - paying all that money just to be rubbish.

We aim to please.